Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#13634 by The Enchantress Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:16 am
This is also a definite scam from Karol Zwiruk - see this search result click here

Also see this search on phrase from scammers mail click here

Dear Au pair,
My name is Mr karol Zwiruk i live in Anaheim,California United States,Presently im in United Kingdom for execution of my new products to my clients.idon't usually stays at home unless during the weekends.I do believe in God so much and what about you? My contact address is :2002 west binnacleway,Anaheim,California.I have just 2 kids for now and their names are Zachery 12yrs old,Kirsten 8yrs old.I want an honest caring and clean Aupair for them they're only one who will be left at home because work
will be transfering there mother to Canada. I have an apartment room for anyone that will be taking care of my kids in my house and i will be paying you $3,700 monthly and a pocket money of $300.00 weekly so you can use it buy something for yourself and i will also be paying 60% of the money for your traveling documents like your flight ticket and visa. Your responsibility in my house is just to take good care of my kids cook for them hope you know how to cook?, you will also be taking them out for shopping and will be leading them to there school with driver coz i've a good driver that drove them to the school just about 5km to the house. I've arranged a private room,bathroom,toilet for you and if you wish to be having a free period from 5pm to 7pm is accepted by me. Please only reply if you truely serious about this job and ready to comply with my policy, We want to employ you for just 12 months only. Do you have a valid U.S visa? if NO i will direct you to my travel agency here in the state that will help you secure your visa down here within 15 working days so that it will be more easier and faster for you to arrive for the job. there service is very fast,secure and affordable. Presently am in United Kingdom for a business and i'll be back to the state in 2 weeks. If you've any question about the job you can reach me on this number +447031949930.

Hope to hear from you asap.

Karol Zwiruk.
Last edited by The Enchantress on Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
Advertisement

#13637 by Skjuludde Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:25 am
The Enchantress wrote:This is also a definate scam from Karol Zwiruk - see this search result click here

Also see this search on phrase from scammers mail click here

Ohh damnit. Can't you trust anyone nowadays? Well there went my last hope of getting out of this hellhole. But thanks very much for your help. I will look around more on different au pair sites for other families. Of course i will be back to check with you guys.

I will end all contact with both of them. Thanks once again for your help.
#13638 by Ralph Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:31 am
I will end all contact with both of them.

You just thanked us right there, please do come back and check if there is the slightest doubt, unfortunately, there is a better chance of finding yourself a scammer than an au pair job.
#13639 by Skjuludde Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:50 am
It seems like that. Well i've learned from my mistakes and have now signed up on a number of sites that is recommended by safe sites and that uses another technic. More of pairing Au pairs and host families together then the ones contacting eachother. Also that these organisations will make sure the au pair won't have to pay anything for visas and tickets and stuff like that.
#13655 by Dotti Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:39 am
I'm glad you now realize these are both unquestionably scams.

As far as the grammar in both emails go, the poor English is a concern, but more important are the specific mistakes, as people educated in different areas generally make different kinds of errors, and some of the specific errors here scream Africa! If you want more specifics on that, feel free to PM me, but I won't spell out in detail here and educate any passing scammers as to what is giving their location away.

A couple of other points:

It is not unusual for scammers to create fees and then "pay the fees themselves" when you push back. They do this in order to have the exact effect they had on you--they want the victim to believe that they can't be scammers, because they were willing to pay money themselves. The truth is, the fee was imaginary (like all the others) and no money changed hands--the only money that will go anywhere is the victim's money.

Scammers often use real companies or real news stories to support their stories. In reality, they have nothing to do with the real company or news story. Sometimes they will reference the real website and pretend they are connected, and other times they will create a website or email address that seems to suggest they are affiliated. You have yourself a genuine fake domain name here:

williamsthompson@planethollywoods.com

The real address is planethollywood.com

FAKE DOMAIN NAME to be killed

Here is the registration info for planethollywoods.com:
in Whois record

Queried whois.internic.net with "dom planethollywoods.com"...

Domain Name: PLANETHOLLYWOODS.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Name Server: DNS1.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS2.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS3.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS4.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS5.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Updated Date: 12-aug-2009
Creation Date: 12-aug-2009
Expiration Date: 12-aug-2010

>>> Last update of whois database: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 13:10:07 UTC <<<

Queried whois.enom.com with "planethollywoods.com"...

Visit AboutUs.org for more information about planethollywoods.com
<a href="http://www.aboutus.org/planethollywoods.com">AboutUs: planethollywoods.com</a>

Domain name: planethollywoods.com

Registrant Contact:
Whois Privacy Protection Service, Inc.
Whois Agent ()

Fax:
PMB 368, 14150 NE 20th St - F1
C/O planethollywoods.com
Bellevue, WA 98007
US

Administrative Contact:
Whois Agent ([email protected])
+1.4252740657
Fax: +1.4256960234
C/O planethollywoods.com
Bellevue, WA 98007
US

Technical Contact:
Whois Agent ([email protected])
+1.4252740657
Fax: +1.4256960234
C/O planethollywoods.com
Bellevue, WA 98007
US

Name Servers:
dns1.name-services.com
dns2.name-services.com
dns3.name-services.com
dns4.name-services.com
dns5.name-services.com

Creation date: 12 Aug 2009 15:07:18
Expiration date: 12 Aug 2010 15:07:18

They registered this domain name recently, and for one year, while the real company has been registered since 2001. Basically they paid a few dollars (probably using a stolen credit card anyway) to get emails that appear to specifically support this scam. So any email that comes from planethollywoods.com will be scam-related, that is, until our wonderful volunteer site killers over at 419eater get this domain name shut down...

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.