Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#14599 by Peta Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:35 am
The criminals behind this scam are specifically targeting Malaysians who hold a bank account with Maybank. The reason, in this case for this particular interest in Maybank account holders may be due to the scammers having access to a compromised Maybank account which they wil use to transfer fraudulent funds into the accounts of victims. Transfers from one Maybank account to another are likely to be free of lengthy waiting periods for funds to be "cleared".

The domain jobs-my.com was only created on 28 Sep 2009 and has been registered for a period of one year only. When used in conjunction with this employment scam, there's no doubt that this is a fraudulent domain. I have asked our talented site killers to take down this domain.

For more information on employment scams generally, please take a look atthis thread.


Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from bcmconstruction.co.uk ([85.189.251.51])
Received: from User ([66.169.160.205])
Reply-To: <[email protected]>
From: "Jobs Worldwide [Malaysia]"<[email protected]>
Subject: Job Opening Easy Work , Earn $3000 US per Month
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 09:39:48 -0500
BCC:
Return-Path: [email protected]


Hello,

Would you like to work maximum 2 hours and get paid every day?

HOW MUCH WILL YOU EARN?
Job Opening Easy Work , Earn $2500 USD per Month

MAIN REQUIREMENTS
***#18 years or older
***#Legally capable
***#Responsible
***#Ready to work 3-10 hours a week
***#E-mail and internet experience
***#Only MayBank Account ( MALAYSIA )
If you are interested in our proposition please respond to this message by e-mail listed below.

Best Regards,
Jennifer Howard,

Spain Department,
HR Manager.
Madrid, Spain, 28020
Spanish Business Center 4/3
E-mail: [email protected]


I responded to this fake offer of employment using a false name and email address and the scammers response paints a very clear picture of the scam method, namely processing fake payments and forwarding real cash to the scammers via western union. The victim will be left to repay the entire amount when their Maybank branch discovers that the initial payment was fraudulent.

Delivered-To: *****@gmail.com
Sun, 04 Oct 2009 19:08:24 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
X-Originating-IP: [69.193.69.192]
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 22:08:24 -0400
Subject: Re: Job Opening Easy Work , Earn $3000 US per Month
From: Jobs Worldwide <[email protected]>
To: ***** ***** <*****@gmail.com>


Thank you for being interested in working with us,

You are to work as an independent contractor right from your home. You can earn up to $1500-2500 monthly
depending on time you spend for the job. You do not need any capital to start. You can do the work easily
without leaving or affecting your present job if you could spend for our job 1-3 hours daily.
We need online employees to operate payments from our offline clients or our companies branch in money orders and to operate the funds to our online accounts or to accounts of our clients by International Wire and Western Union Transfers.As a result we will save money for our clients because of tax decrease.

In order to operate payments from our offline clients you must have a bank account at MayBank Malaysia. Please provide us your bank account number and your bank name. For each processed payment you will get 10% commission, and the remaining 90% you must send to a representant of our company. The Western Union transfer fee will be paid from the remaining 90%.We will transfer an amount of money in your MayBank bank account,you will only cash out the money from your account, keep 10% of the full amount cashed from your bank account and send us the rest of 90% via Western Union money transfer.This is all you need to do.Your financial information will never be disclosed to third parties.You will not spend your own money and there are no start up fees. All the charges for withdrawal or transferring the money will be deducted from the payment.Our organization only needs a payment representative manager in your country. If you feel qualified,please provide us your full name,address,phone number(home and cell).
Advertisement

#14942 by marisoca Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:47 pm
Just got the same message from another email, 'Jobs Malaysia Enterprise'<[email protected]> , and there's another "contact" email as well:

Hello,

Would you like to work maximum 2 hours and get paid every day?

HOW MUCH WILL YOU EARN?
Job Opening Easy Work , Earn $2500 USD per Month

MAIN REQUIREMENTS

If you are interested in our proposition please respond to this message by e-mail listed below.

Best Regards,

Jennifer Howard,

Spain Department,
HR Manager.
Madrid, Spain, 28020
Spanish Business Center 4/3
Contact : [email protected]

I got it in my MY account...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests