Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#120031 by joannasmommy Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:40 pm
Francis lious [email protected]

1:46 PM (1 hour ago)

to me

The Company Name is Baume et Mercier. Baume et Mercier is a Swiss manufacturer of accessible luxury watches and is an independent company based in Geneva, Switzerland and we continue to develop highly distinctive and attractive collections with a real sporting pedigree..The primary goal of the Receptionist/Office Assistant is to provide local customer assistant to our clients within North America. You will be assisting our clients within North America, the assistance to be provided will include: payment collections and customer service.And also i seek someone who can be my personal assistant and act on my behalf when i am not in the country.So In your reply please indicate if you will be interested in been my personal assistant. This position is home based and communication will mostly be via Text,Calls,and Emails.

I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well with good understanding. This position is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them.

Presently i am in Switzerland for the company representative meeting and i want my assistant to start work immediately and also in your reply indicate when you wish to start work.

Your duties will include:

- Collecting Local Payments

When a buyer in United States decides to purchase an item through an online auction from our sellers he has the following payment options: Money orders, international wire transfer, international check, or local wire transfer. The quickest option of these is local wire transferring. Local wire transfers are the option that the sales support representative will provide to the clients.

- Managing Data

Along with the payments received from buyers you will be receiving details for these sales. These details will include items sold, price, and buyer's information. You are to file and maintain these purchasing records and transactions.

- Forwarding of the Payments

Once you receive each payment you will be keeping 10% as commission and forwarding the rest to the seller or representative, whose information will be provided prior each transaction. It is crucial to complete forwarding of the payments in a time efficient manner.

- Fees, and Transferring Procedures

All fees are covered by the company. The fees for transferring are simply deducted from the payments received. No client will contact you during initial stage of the trial period. After three weeks of the trial period you will begin to have contact with the buyers via email in regards to collection of the payments. For the first three weeks you will simply receive all of the transferring details, and payments, along with step by step guidance from your supervisor. You will be forwarding the received payments by wire transfer.

Additional Information:

Salary:

During the trial period, you will be paid 2,000USD per month while working on average 3-4hours per day, plus 10% commission from every payment received and forwarded. The salary will be sent in the form of wire transfer directly to your account. After the trial period your base pay salary will go up to 2,200USD per month, plus 10% commission.

Taxes:

You will receive a monthly invoice stating your total income. All applicable taxes are covered by the company,Basic wage is $400 Weekly excluding Gas expenses and compensations.

Your First Primary task (Collection of Payments):

1. Receive payment from our Customers or Clients.

2. Cash Payment at your Bank or any cashing facilities near you.

3. Deduct 10 % which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed

4. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the offices you will be contacted to send payment to, you'll have a lot of free time doing another job, because this job schedule is flexible, you'll get good income .But this job is very challenging and you should understand it.

Please kindly fill your details below, so that you can get started.

Personal Information

Full Name:

Address:

Apt #:

City:

State/Province:

Sex:

Postal Code:

Resident Phone Number:

Mobile:

The employee,acknowledged the Detailed Job Description

and signed___________ _____________________

(First Name and Last Name of Employee)

Kindly respond with requested details .Once I have received your contact information, I will get back to you with the task for this week.

Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response.

Regards.

Financial Representative .
Francis Lious
Advertisement

#120035 by oskibun Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:03 pm
Here's another variant. The emails used were too weird to me and I google searched them and nothing came up. It also sounded too good to be true in a way.
[email protected]
[email protected]

Dear Applicant,

I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well with good understanding as my Personal Assistant.This position I am offering is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them, my only fear is that i may come at you impromptu sometimes, so I need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings. As my Personal Assistant, your activities amongst other things will include:

Duties and Requirements:

*Scheduling programmer's, flights and keeping me up-to-date with them.
*Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities.
*Processing weekly check payment.
*Filing, Faxing, Creating and sending out letters, scanning documents, some personal assistant duties for owners, and many other
*Managing expenses and invoices

Basic wage is $600 Weekly

I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this point. Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, it's a part-time work from home for now and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others. I would like to give you an immediate trial, so if you are interested kindly get back to me. As I have been checking my files and schedules and would need someone urgently to run some errands for me this week/next week, while I am away. I will have some funds sent to you to complete the errands and would get back to you with more information on that, get back to me with your Personal/Contact Details such as:

FULL NAMES:
ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP CODE:
HOME PHONE #:
MOBILE PHONE#:
SEX:
EMAIL ADDRESS:
PRESENT JOB:
Nationality: ___________________________
Current Job: ____________________________

Are you eligible to work in the United States? Yes ____ No_____

If you are underage 18, do you have an employment/age certificate? Yes ___ No ___

How often do you check your email: ______________

Days/Hours Available: Hours Available: from _______ to ______

What date are you available to start work? ________________

If you're interested you can e-mail me back for more information about the job.

Yours Sincerely,

Paul Jack.
#120953 by lalala123 Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:22 am
i just got the exact same one from that louis guy. something told me to google the companies name first and when i did this site popped up! I'm so glad i listened to my guts! Also on craigslist! People shouldnt play with peoples hope. I actually need a job!
#122199 by aliciaz Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:51 pm
This is the response I received after applying for a part time admin. assistant job offer on Craigslist.

The Company Name is Baume et Mercier. Baume et Mercier is a Swiss manufacturer of accessible luxury watches and is an independent company based in Geneva, Switzerland and we continue to develop highly distinctive and attractive collections with a real sporting pedigree..The primary goal of the Receptionist/Office Assistant is to provide local customer assistant to our clients within North America. You will be assisting our clients within North America, the assistance to be provided will include: payment collections and customer service.And also i seek someone who can be my personal assistant and act on my behalf when i am not in the country.So In your reply please indicate if you will be interested in been my personal assistant. This position is home based and communication will mostly be via Text,Calls,and Emails.

I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well with good understanding. This position is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them.
Presently i am in Switzerland for the company representative meeting and i want my assistant to start work immediately and also in your reply indicate when you wish to start work.

When a buyer in United States decides to purchase an item through an online auction from our sellers he has the following payment options: Money orders, international wire transfer, international check, or local wire transfer. The quickest option of these is local wire transferring. Local wire transfers are the option that the sales support representative will provide to the clients.

- Managing Data
Along with the payments received from buyers you will be receiving details for these sales. These details will include items sold, price, and buyer's information. You are to file and maintain these purchasing records and transactions.

Once you receive each payment you will be keeping 10% as commission and forwarding the rest to the seller or representative, whose information will be provided prior each transaction. It is crucial to complete forwarding of the payments in a time efficient manner.

All fees are covered by the company. The fees for transferring are simply deducted from the payments received. No client will contact you during initial stage of the trial period. After three weeks of the trial period you will begin to have contact with the buyers via email in regards to collection of the payments. For the first three weeks you will simply receive all of the transferring details, and payments, along with step by step guidance from your supervisor. You will be forwarding the received payments by wire transfer.

Additional Information:
Salary:
During the trial period, you will be paid 2,000USD per month while working on average 3-4hours per day, plus 10% commission from every payment received and forwarded. The salary will be sent in the form of wire transfer directly to your account. After the trial period your base pay salary will go up to 2,200USD per month, plus 10% commission.

Taxes:
You will receive a monthly invoice stating your total income. All applicable taxes are covered by the company,Basic wage is $400 Weekly excluding Gas expenses and compensations.

4. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the offices you will be contacted to send payment to, you'll have a lot of free time doing another job, because this job schedule is flexible, you'll get good income .But this job is very challenging and you should understand it.

Personal Information

Full Name:
Address:
Apt #:
City:
State/Province:
Postal Code:
Resident Phone Number:
Mobile:

Kindly respond with requested details .Once I have received your contact information, I will get back to you with the task for this week.

Regards.
Financial Representative
Tracy Dorfman
Last edited by Bubbles on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Quotations added for clarity.
#122280 by Bubbles Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:27 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners aliciaz. It is great that you realized this was a scam. Basically the scammer would have you laundering money for them, or you would be depositing forged documents, until the banking system caught up with you.

Most likely, you would have been receiving money from victims and forwarding it to the scammer. That is laundering and your name is the one the victims would have and eventually the police would come and charge you with the crime.

While the company the scammer is using is real, they do NOT work for that company.

Please post up the email address this scammer is using.

Thank you

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#127285 by Vanesserz Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:23 pm
Hi All,

Just posting to say I also received the below email. Although he went by a different last name, but same e-mail as someone earlier posted.

Their email: [email protected]
Also, the Craigslist Ad was subject: Re: Veterinary Receptionist

Dear Applicant,

I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well with good understanding as my Personal Assistant.This position I am offering is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them, my only fear is that i may come at you impromptu sometimes, so I need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings. As my Personal Assistant, your activities amongst other things will include:

Duties and Requirements:

*Scheduling programmer's, flights and keeping me up-to-date with them.
*Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities.
*Processing weekly check payment.
*Filing, Faxing, Creating and sending out letters, scanning documents, some personal assistant duties for owners, and many other
*Managing expenses and invoices

Basic wage is $600 Weekly

I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this point. Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, it's a part-time work from home for now and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others. I would like to give you an immediate trial, so if you are interested kindly get back to me. As I have been checking my files and schedules and would need someone urgently to run some errands for me this week/next week, while I am away. I will have some funds sent to you to complete the errands and would get back to you with more information on that, get back to me with your Personal/Contact Details such as:

FULL NAMES:
ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP CODE:
HOME PHONE #:
MOBILE PHONE#:
SEX:
EMAIL ADDRESS:
PRESENT JOB:
Nationality: ___________________________
Current Job: ____________________________

Are you eligible to work in the United States? Yes ____ No_____

If you are underage 18, do you have an employment/age certificate? Yes ___ No ___

How often do you check your email: ______________

Days/Hours Available: Hours Available: from _______ to ______

What date are you available to start work? ________________

If you're interested you can e-mail me back for more information about the job.

Yours Sincerely,

Paul Lawson
#127417 by onlineconsultant30 Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:30 pm
Receptioni?st Needed $19.00/hr
Breguet is a french manufacturer of luxury watches. Breguet is one of the oldest surviving watch-making establishments and is the pioneer of numerous watch-making technologies. The primary goal of the Receptionist/Office Assistant is to provide local customer assistant to our clients within North America. You will be assisting our clients within North America, the assistance to be provided will include: payment collections and customer service.And also i seek someone who can be my personal assistant and act on my behalf when i am not in the country.So In your reply please indicate if you will be interested in been my personal assistant. This position is home based and communication will mostly be via Text,Calls,and Emails.

- Managing Data

Additional Information:
Salary:

Taxes:

Personal Information

Full Name:
Address:
Apt #:
City:
State/Province:
Postal Code:
Resident Phone Number:
Mobile:

Regards.
Financial Representative
#134598 by [email protected] Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:24 pm
I deleted my information but kept his in place. I am from Kansas and have never heard of this happening! I knew the risks for applying for jobs on Craigslist, but I just thought people would have the decency to understand that these are some hard times. Unfortunately this guy is one of those who lacks human compassion. I regrettably gave him my information, without searching for him on google. This guy goes by Jack Marvis. I have not replied to him and turned him into the Craigslist authorities.

Jack Marvis [email protected]
Nov 16 (2 days ago)

to me
Prospective Candidate;
I saw your resume from one of my hiring agent on Craigslist and i believe
you could work for me.

Your resume has been reviewed, I did appreciate it. It's reasonable and
acceptable. You have been considered for an alternative position of
Independent personal Assistant Personnel(1099). I will like to notify you
of this unprecedented job opportunity for the position of Executive
Personal Assistant(Independent),

About me;

My name is Jack Marvis. I am proud to inform you that I am Self employed.I
am an importer by profession and I have been pretty successful in a handful
of ventures i get involved from the Angel of importing fabrics to various
welfare and community service programs.

YOUR PRIMARY DUTIES:
Your primary task for now, as a Independent P.A is to handle my Scheduling
programmer's, flights coordinate payments from customers and process the
payment on my behalf . Once your information has passed the background
check you will be confirmed. I hereby need a P.A personnel representative
who would act as a representative, collecting payments on my behalf,
handle my schedule and you would also handle
other personal errand on his behalf.

Job Specifics;
1. Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities.
2. Filing, Faxing,Creating and sending out letters, scanning documents,
and many other related assignment.
3. Coordinating business and personal affairs if when i am not available.
4. Collection of Payments and take records.
5. Basic wage is $400 a week
6. Managing expenses and invoices.
7. Sending cashed payment processed to my clients following my Instruction.
9. Keeping Record of each customer payment received and processed.
10. Scheduling programmer's, flights and keeping me up to date with them.
11. Remuneration is attractive once you have been confirmed.

QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS;
*Good planning, communication and organization skills.
*Must be honest, reliable & dependable.
*Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
*Must have strong problem solving skills.
*Must be organized & extremely detail oriented.
*Experience working with the Internet, email.

NOTE: The above qualification requirements can also be considered for
personnel that have relative skill and you are willing to take up the
challenges. I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule
at this point as I am presently in Cyprus for a summit. I will be back in
Two Weeks time. I think you're the right person for this post. Please note
that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent
travels and tight schedules. It's a part-time,work from home basis and the
flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others. So it's a
little difficult judging the exact number of hours you'll be doing per
week. If you can manage your time properly, this job may even give you some
extra while you do something else on the side. As I have said, I'd want us
to get a head start with things as soon as possible

If you are interested in working with me, Re-confirm with your current
information.

INFORMATION'S REQUIRED

Full Names:
Home Address no p.o.box:
City:
State:
Zip code:
Cell Phone:
Email Address
Payment Method: Do you want Check or Direct deposit?

You will receive another Email once you are finally accepted. But first
provide the required information above for verification purpose. You will
have allot of time to yourself if you have a job currently. Have a great
week ahead. Hope to hear from you at your soonest convenience.

Regards,
Jack Marvis

PLEASE; READ THE EMAIL PROPERLY BEFORE YOU REPLY

Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 14:24:23 -0600
Subject: "Staffing Support & Office Clerical" (wichita)
To: [email protected]

http://wichita.craigslist.org/ofc/3409731703.html

Jack Marvis
2:57 PM (20 minutes ago)

to me
Hello how are you doing today?i have received your information and i am satisfied with it.You will be receiving your first assignment by next week,i will keep you posted.Have a wonderful day.

Confirm you got this email
#134610 by Dotti Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:37 pm
Welcome R10A,

Thank you for posting this scam. It will help to alert others who might otherwise fall victim.

If the email address you used as a username is traceable to you, then you are not posting safely. In addition, scammers and spammers will harvest email addresses in usernames, and you will find that address receiving many more unwelcome offers. If you would like to change your username, please let me know what you would like and I will change it.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#156126 by pcsiegrist Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:03 am
Hello. This is my first time posting on this board. I applied to a job on craigslist a few days ago and I received this email: Hi name is Michael Lee

Hello ,

How are you doing today? I’m very happy that you want to becoming part of our company by working for us. Thanks for the mail...I am looking for someone who can handle my personal and business errands at his/her spare time.Someone who can offer me these services: Mail services Receive my mails and drop them off at UPS(nothing illegal)Shop for Gifts,Art works,Bill payment ( pay my bills on my behalf)Sit for delivery( at your home) or pick items up at nearby post office at your convenience. It does not matter where you are located as long as you reside in the united states.Let me know if you will be able to offer me any/all of these services.

Where are you located? I would love to meet up with you to talk about this job but I am currently away on business. I am in Australia so there will be no interview.I will prepay you in advance to do my shopping. I will also have my mails and packages forwarded to your address. If you will be unable to stay at your house to get my mails, I can have it shipped to a post office near you and then you can pick it up at your convenience.When you get my mails/packages; you are required to mail them to me or our customers. You don't have to put money out of your pocket, all you have to do is have packages shipped to your house and do my shopping. You are allowed to open the packages to reveal its content.The content of the packages are computer and electronics,art works,antiques business and personal letters.. All expenses and taxes will be covered by me. You will work between 15 and 20hrs a month..I will pay $350.00 weekly, That is not a bad offer is it? I need your service because I am constantly out of town. I work in a realestate and I own an Art Gallery in Australia. I will return to USA in 30th MAY,2013 so this process will be on going till then.If you don't mind, I will meet up with you when I return and then we can talk about the possibility of making

this long term. Well, let me know if you are able to handle the position.Hope to hear from you.I will email you the list

and pictures of what to shop for when I am ready. No heavy packages is involved! You can do the shopping at any nearest stores.

I will provide you with my personal UPS account number for Shipping.

All you have to do is provide my account number to UPS and shipping charges will be applied into the account.I will provide clear set of instructions for each task I need done as well as the funds to cover them. If I were to mail you money to do my shopping plus upfront payment for your service, where would you want it mailed to? How should your name appear on the money?

Kindly,provide me with the following details below

Full Name:

Full Address:

(NO P.O.BOX)

City:

State:

Zip Code:

Phone Number

if you have yahoo messenger or hotmail to chat with you also about the job....

Thank you!

NB:You can give me a call on my US number which is roam to australia

Tel:530 267 6678. USA
#156134 by Bryon Williams Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:19 am
Hello and welcome to scamwarners pcsiegrist.

Thank you for posting. Could you please post the email addresses the scammer used. This will help others avoid being scammed when the search the email address.

Bryon

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#169959 by courco Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:39 pm
Hi there,

I just applied to what sounds like the same guy. Different name though. This one is Lambert Moyer. I was skeptical so I asked questions and he answered them. But I can't get a straight answer out of him about what he does. He had me ooen a yahoo account which I am now going to close. I have not given him any banking info or anything but he does have my address and phone number. I'm scared now for my family's safety. Even with my alarm system.
Here is the email I got:

Hello,

Thanks for your interest on my advert online, Take time to go through
this introductory mail and feel free to pass any questions/concerns
on. My profile in brief: I am Lambert moyer a successful research
journalist and I travel every now and then within and outside Canada
working on various independent projects. This is why I need someone
who can help me keep up to date with all of my activities especially
when I'm away or very busy with my schedule and must be very familiar
with confidentiality agreements and the need to keep and respect the
privacy and integrity of the business. l hope that the knowledge and
brilliancy will be needed so as to act on my guidelines and
instructions.

DUTIES:

*General work
*process mails
*Data entry
*Receive calls
*Book appointments
*Flight bookings, E.t.c or any other reasonable duty will be allocated to you.

I had a previous employee(my assistant) who was very commendable in
her activities and who has been part of my life for the past 3 years
and 6 months. She got married and relocated back to her country and it
has affected me in a way. I found her previously online and I
sincerely hope I will be able to find someone again who will be as
efficient as she has been. Please note that you are being hired only
on a personal/official basis. All correspondence would be made and
promptly reported to me personally.  Most of your activities will be
carried out locally and official packages will be delivered via post.
You will be actively involved in my personal, business and financial
life.I will offer you $22.40 Hourly.

Any extra personal expenses (transport, gas, etc) incurred by you
while on an errand or otherwise will be reimbursed by me at the end of
each working week.Working with me is basically about instructions and
following them and keeping correspondence with me at all times.
Instructions on all assignments to be carried out will be given
promptly, so you can schedule yourself to be available to carry out
the assignment promptly.

I will want you to answer this brief questionnaire below, Please
answer them to the best
of your knowledge.

* Have you ever worked in any company facility before?
* Are you taking this as a primary Job?
* If you want to make this your secondary job ( How many Hours does
your primary Job Takes? )
* Do you have Professional Reference?
* How Many Hours are you wiling to Devote to work for me?
* What do you Understand by Privacy & Code of Conduct?
* Describe yourself?
* Are you willing to give your best shot at working with me?

I will be expecting your prompt response.

Sincerely,
Lambert moyer

I'm glad I found this site before I got too invested. I just had a bad feeling from the get go. what a waste of time. I hope I find a good legit job soon