Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#126068 by nakikigamit1 Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:01 pm
Hi Bubbles!

I went ahead with the interview, i told myself i've got nothing to lose anyway by talking to this guy via skype and i just created another account for that specific interview. Once i saw the guy i already knew it was a scam. A blank wall on the background that does not resemble an office environment at all, the guy was African i guess judging base on his accent. Nigeria probably. I took some print screen of the guy's face so i can post it here but was not able to save it.

Early this morning i received an email, it seems legit but i still some doubts. Let me know what you thinks guys, here's the mail:

To:
Subject: JOB VACANCY (LIMITED APPLICANT REQUIRE)

ALBION FISHERIES COMPANY
1077 Great Northern Way
Vancouver, B.C. V5T 1E1
http://www.albion.bc.ca

Head of Technical Recruitment Department

The Albion Fisheries Recruitment/Visa Travels Ltd has been mandated to recruit candidates from South East Asia and Middle East consultants/employees in fulfillment of the ALBION FISHERIES COMPANY CANADA either individually or as a team.
This program is carried out within the Albion Fisheries Subsidiary company. We therefore request interested candidates or Recruiter Agency to apply. On satisfaction, you shall be contacted within the shortlist time.

VACANCIES

(A) Fish Packing,(B) Fish Cutting,(C) Company Security,(D) Office Cleaner,(E) Laborers’(F) Lobsters, (G) Drivers, (H) Medical Department) (I)Construction works { Welder, Manson, Carpenter, Mechanic , computers Eng.} (J) some administrative jobs for degree holders in Management Courses, (Executive jobs), (K) Industrial Electrician, (L) Sales Executive / Sales Man/Woman,(M) Car Drivers/Truck Drivers, (N) Accounts & Finance jobs.
Due to the expansion in there services and the opening of new outlets the Albion needs both male and female workers to fill in different categories of job openings as Canada is curently experiencing a decline in Labour force as such we seek Serious minded and honest prospective applicants to apply.

FYI: Flight Expenses will be taken care of by the Albion Company and only selected candidate or team shall be contacted.
Kindly refer back to our email below for further procedure.

Regards,

Head of Recruitment Department
Mr. Bridge Christian
Bay 5 - 3320 14 Ave NE
Calgary, Alberta, T2A 6J4.
Phone: +1(530) 710-1400
Fax: +1(530) 710-1000
email: [email protected]

The domain of the sender seems legit, i checked albion.bc.ca it is an actual and active website.
What makes me doubt are:
1. the email was sent from a legit albion.bc.ca domain, but notice the email address below where applications should be sent it has consultant.com domain. But i thought, maybe the company is using a third party service for their hiring
2. The phone number; i checked all the area code in Canada and there is no 530. I tried to call but i think it is connected to some magic jack or something. I checked albion's website and the phone numbers there were different from the one in the email, i tried to call some of them and they are legit with trunk line and voice prompts.
3. I traced the mail, and it was traced from Colorado. Again i thought it could be from a third party service that the company is using.
4. i decided to send and email to both albion.bc.ca and consult.com. Albion.bc.ca bounced with a message that says "no such user".

What you guys think?
Advertisement

#126071 by Mike Wilson Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:29 am
Hello nakikigamit1,

The short and simple answere is it's a scam. The email was probably spoofed to make it appear that it originated from the real company.
THe consultant.com email address is a free email service provided by mail.com.
The telephone numbers are magic jack numbers from California, USA.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#175439 by Alyssa21 Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:02 am
I just searched google about [email protected] because i was also applying for some job and the one I contacted refer me to some Atty. Henshaw and he's asking me the same amount he asked you. I just wanna know what happened to your case? I really want the job but I'm just making sure it's good that I found your letter and I haven't sent any amount yet.
#175440 by Dotti Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:23 am
As we have stated above IT'S NOT GOOD. That email address has already been shown to belong to a known scammer. That means ALL emails connected to that address are scam.

This is an operation run by thieves who are using promises of jobs that do not exist in order to steal money from people who are looking for legitimate work.

If you were to pursue this "offer" you would end up with NO MONEY and NO JOB.

We do not encourage continuing contact with these scammers, because they are criminals, and the more information you give them about yourself, the more likely they are going to find another way to steal from you.

It is also important to understand that legitimate attorneys do NOT conduct business using free addresses from yahoo, gmail, or other free providers. They also don't put "attorney" or "barrister" in their email addresses. Emails like this are an invention of scammers.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#175445 by TerranceBoyce Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:37 am
You can't get a job by paying money to a thief.

The term 'attorney' isn't used in the UK to describe lawyers. The scammer clearly didn't go to law school but watched a lot of TV - not the same. :=)

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle