Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#119989 by babiiblues Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:23 am
So at first this is the first email that he had sent to me. I figured it was too good to be true because that is A LOT of money for someone that still hasn't finished college. But regardless, here's the first email.....

(NEWEGG COMPANY)
(www.newegg.com)
(JOB DESCRIPTION)
We are Specialized in the sales of legal agreements and all kinds of Computer peripherals Supplies such as ATDX case, Networking Routers,HDDX Compacts,Satellite HDD Communicator, Computer Peripherals,CD-RHard Drives,Memory Sticks and many more. We are into Computer Peripherals Supplies. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of independent dialysis providers around the world by leveraging today's most innovative technologies to deliver a full spectrum of high-quality services to the business community. We have got loads of logs for the Account Dept from our United States and Canadian Clients that are spread all over. Now the London center here cannot be over stretched. So we opted to recruit staffs online to work from home to help do (Balance sheets, account balancing, invoicing recording, proper data analysis of sales records and recording payslips into Accounting database all through the use of the Accounting Softwares ).

JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Entering all checks vouchers and payment in appropriate account, maintains accurate records of all Receivable's and Payable's, Developing, analyzing, and maintaining financial reporting systems in general accounting, budget or cost systems. Responsible for compiling amounts owed from purchase orders, charge slips, sales tickets etc

BRIEFING SUMMARY

You will be enlisted for 2 weeks training programme. Find Training program details below:

*You will have to be online from 9am to 12pm daily for training programs as you will be given series of tasks during training.
*You will resume work fully after training and your working hours will be 9am - 2pm your time zone.
*Whether or not you have an assignment or task to carry out you will be paid for $20/hr and for 6hrs a day as long as you are online during the stated hours.
*You have to keep strict record of time and activities. A time sheet should be sent in every Friday's days for monitoring (In your own format).
*In carrying out any assignment or task a progress report has to be emailed every Friday to me.

*You are paid weekly.
*There is no start up cost, the training would be administered on line, this is an Internet based position, and the base pay is $20 per hour.
*Either party is free to terminate at any time with notice.
*Benefits include: 401k, health and dental, paid vacation and 2 weeks sick leave you will be enrolled for this benefits after 2months after which you would become a regular employee of company.

WORKING EQUIPMENTS
Equipments will be provided for you by the Company asap. This includes a Hp Laptop/Notebook for mobility and some other softwares for accuracy, Speed of data processing, Time Monitoring and Effectiveness,(4 in one Zebra ZM 400 Barcode Printer and Cards,Fax Machine,Scanner,Photocopier Machine, 4Drawer Cabinet and OfficeDesk). Details on the Uses and delivery of these equipments would be provided to you ASAP.

You would be Given the Following to start work with after training: *
Staff User Name and Password for Our Website Link ( For easy access to company data and task for each day )

Employment Supervisor
Mr James Harrington.

INTERVIEW QUESTION.....

Let me know if you are capable of handling this position and if you have anything you want to ask BASED on what you have read so far..

*Thank you for taking the time to chat with me regarding the Data Entry position we have available.

*We are newegg.com, a site that offers discounted electronics to the public in our online store. This data entry position is an integral part of how our customer’s orders get entered, processed and filled. We use QuickBooks for all our accounting. If we may proceed, I would like to ask some questions to learn if you have the appropriate skills for this position.

*I have reviewed your resume and you seem to have the skills we need.

*Are you available to work 9am to 2pm PDT or your time zone, Monday through Friday?

*Do you feel comfortable with a work-at-home position? I know some think it’s great, but others find they need the office environment.

*To verify, how many WPM do you type?

*How familiar you are you with Quick Books? And if so, how many years have you been using it?

*What do you consider to be your professional strengths and weaknesses?

*How familiar are you with the online ordering process?

*How familiar are you with electronic equipment, i.e. desktops, laptops, cameras, cell phones, etc.?

*I think I have enough information about you to offer you the position. When are you available to start?

*We will do 3 days of training with you, in that time get your office equipment to you. Will you be available to process the equipment order for your new home office?

From what you have stated, i believe you will be a good asset to our company and you will also enjoy working with us.

Hope you know you will be trained for you weeks and will be mailed a check that will cover all the materials needed for this job?

The company will send down two of our reps. to you so that you will have your paper works signed and employment letter along side with the company's lawyer after your two weeks training.

We need to set you up in the company - May I please have your full name, address, contact phone number, email and date of birth?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------That being said here's the second and third.......

INSTRUCTIONS/QUESTIONS

ORDER PROCESSING
=======================================================

When a customer places an order on our website, it will be sent to you.
Please give an overview of
what you would do to process this order. Include the steps you would take,
one by one, to receive
an order, record it in QuickBooks, and compile a daily list of all orders
processed. Show examples of
the components of an order, such as name, address, phone number, payment
method, shipping time
requested, and the accounts you would assign to each item in QuickBooks.

Dear online Employee,

Complete this assignment within a time limit of 1hr 30mins.
(A)
This is to introduce you to EDGAR, the SEC's database of financial
information about publicly owned companies. The SEC maintains EDGAR to give
the
public free access to information about publicly owned companies.
Instructions
Access EDGAR at the following Internet address:
http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/srch-edgar
Then type STARBUCKS CORP into the search box and press the return key.
Select Starbuck's most recent Form 10Q (a required quarterly filing that
includes quarterly financial statements).
What is the street address of Starbuck's corporate headquarters?
Scroll down to the balance sheet. Have the company's total assets increased
or decreased since the last report? How much have they increased or
decreased?
(B)
Each year, Fortune magazine ranks the leading 500 American-based
corporations
in terms of total revenue earned.
Instructions
Visit the Fortune home page at: http://www.fortune.com
Identify the three global most admired Fortune 500 companies.
Select one of the listed companies, locate this company in the EDGAR
database:
http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/srch-edgar Select the company's "Form
10K" and locate comparative income statements for the past three years.
Comment on the pattern of changes in total revenue and net income over the
past
three years.
Obtain financial information about McDonalds Corp sales or earnings.
Go to http://www.mcdonalds.com/
Click on Corporate McDonald's - McDonald's Quarterly Global Results
Press Release
What are the "Key highlights - Consolidated"
Dollars in millions, except per common share data
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Write up a 3 Column Cash Book of the transactions that were done with our
company last month, (October 2008).

October 1 Balance brought forward:
Cash on Hand: $5,000
Cash at Bank: $90,000
October 2 Received cash loan of $25,000 from Partners
October 3 Bought goods of $156,000
October 4 Bought van paying by check $1,600
October 5 Cash withdrawn from the bank $25,000
October 7 Paid wages in Cash $16,000
October 8 Cash drawings $10,000
October 12 Paid the following accounts by check less 10% discount in each
case:
Marshal: $2,000: Linda: $1,600 Theresa: $1,800
October 13 The following paid by check in each case deducting 2.5% discount
Jerry: $980 Martins: $450
October 15 Received a further loan of $2,500
October 16 We paid Brandy his account of $400 by check
October 18 Cash sales $8,000
October 21 Paid rent in cash $1,800
October 23 Received commission by check $7,500
October 25 The following persons paid us their accounts by check in each
case
deducting 5% discount: Uson $500; David: $4,599
October 26 We paid the following accounts paid by check in each case
deducting
2% discount
Joseph: $2000, Tiola: 1,200
October 28 Paid insurance: $8,900
October 29 Linda paid us a check for $2,500 having deducted $200 for cash
discount
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They said that they had sent a check to me via fedex and would arrive on monday for me to buy my equipment in the amount of $2600 .. The check is fraudulent... I contacted newegg company and spoke with a manager about this email.. updates on what they say here to come.. they're supposed to call me back in 14-22 minutes.
Advertisement

#129728 by Katharine Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:38 am
I was scammed as well. I replied to a job posting from a reliable source - although I'm sure they don't check every (or maybe any) poster's listing.

The company was an Indian Pharma Company - Merril Pharma Pvt.Ltd. and the man's name was Mr. Thomas Holford. The pay was $20/hour - and my first assisgnment read almost exactly as this one - go to the EDGAR site - look up Starbuck's, etc. Then Forturne, then McDonald's.

I had to communicate with him via Yahoo Messenger - and his avatar is a of a seemingly harmless-looking, older (British-looking) caucasian male.

I was wary from the start, because if it sounds too good to be true - it usually is. I tried to verify whether this was a scam by Googling his name, the company, etc. I looked up the company's website - it all seemed OK because no results came up from the information I Googled.

However, that was until I began the "research" and I Googled some of the wording of his e-mail. Then I got the result with this scamwarners.com listing.

It's so very disappointing because I am in dire need of a job - and I'm quite capable- and obviously so desperate that I fell for this.
#333326 by Aguy Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:11 pm
This is definitely a Scam. However, It seems to have evolved (or expanded) into new territory with a new company. I filled out a profile on the Work Market APP and moments after I receive a text from (302)595-7900 claiming to be a representative of a highly reputable company, The Chemours Company (for the record, I know that the actual company is not in involved in this scam. They are victim to fraud as much as I am) offering 30.75 dollars an hour for an Admin/Data Entry position AND working remotely.

I immediately declined since I was not interested in a data entry position, besides, the asking hourly rate in my field is at least $15 more. I told the lady who texted me (introduced herself as Mrs. Mary Newlin) that I didn't care much for the offer and asked her if I could recommend someone else instead because...who doesn't want to get someone else a work from home gig that pays $30.75/hr? So, I decided to indulge her. It was at this point that she sent another text instructing me to schedule an impromptu interview with [allegedly] their Interview Manager, Mrs. Beth Albright ([email protected]). Against better judgement, I went ahead and added her to my Google Hangouts and the alleged interview began on the spot... Here are a few highlights:

Hello Mrs. Albright. I've just signed up on Work Market. Shortly after I receive a text from Mrs. Newlin asking me to reach out to you so that you can tell me more about the Admin/Data Entry position you have available.
[email protected]
Are you ready for a briefing and interview session now ?

[email protected]
I am Mrs Beth Albright, the interview manager, please introduce yourself and location....

[email protected]
Follow the briefing and interview, you can ask questions when I am through and I will be glad to answer them. Do you understand ?

[email protected]
Let me tell you about the company you would be working for:

Chemours company vision and strategy. We bring Higher Value Chemistry to our customers, investors, and society. Our approach is to invest in the areas where we are the strongest by focusing on our differentiated portfolio of performance chemicals. These are the premium products our customers in developed and developing markets buy in high volume. Products such as titanium dioxide, fluoroproducts, cyanide, and more that are essential to making many goods that people use every day. The Chemours Company vision to become a Higher Value Chemistry company is based on addressing four distinct global trends.

Reply with an 'Ok' once read

[email protected]
This is strictly an online and work from home position,were all duties are performed remotely online,working hours are flexible and you can choose to work from anywhere of your choice,the pay is $30.75 per hour, working either PT: 20hrs or FT: 40 to 45 hours weekly,if you are employed you are going to be working as a full employee and not an independent contractor. Another benefit of working from home,it allows an employee to focus in their environment,without the unnecessary office squander.

[email protected]
We are done with the Interview briefing, Next up will be the interview session.
Okay.
[email protected]
Answer the following below:

1) Are you currently employed?

2) Are you seeking for part time or full time job?

3) Why do you feel you can do Data entry?

4) How would you describe your work ethics?

5) What is your current typing speed?

6) On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your use of Ms Excel?

7) Do you prefer to work on your own or as part of a team?

8) Describe a situation when the workload was heavy, how you were able to complete it before the deadline that was given to you?

9) What milestone have you accomplished in your whole career that was remarkable and you would love to share?

10) What are your strengths and weakness and how does it affect your job performance?

11) Give 5 reasons why you feel you should be hired to work for us.

Thank you for your answers. We have come to the end of the interview, I will forward the answers to HR for a thorough review before concluding perhaps your services would
be needed here.

Meanwhile provide your name, address, city, state, zipcode, phone# and primary email. So as to be enlisted for proper documentation and consideration Ms. Albright.
[email protected]
Congratulations you have successfully completed the first stage in your recruitment journey....

You are advised to check your email tomorrow for an email from
Email: [email protected] about your employment status. You are also required to report online tomorrow by 8am via Google Hangouts, Please be punctual.
Peace and blessings.

[email protected] • Fri, 8:14 AM
Good morning Mrs. Albright. I have a question
Message not delivered.
[email protected]

And so the "training" began on the next day. I was instructed by "Mrs. Albright", to look for an email from a "Mr. Erich Parker", the online supervisor attached to me. :roll: "Mr Parker" gave me the same exact tasks as posted on this forum by Katharine on Fri Oct 19, 2012 at 9:38 am. (sidenote: Aren't we in 2017? I mean, don't scams have an expiration date? Evidently, no!)

On day two of the training scam, I was asked to balance a Cash book for some company: These are the questions/scenarios in the question:
Write up a 3 Column Cash Book of the transactions that were done with our
company last month, (October 2008).

October 1 Balance brought forward:
Cash on Hand: $5,000
Cash at Bank: $90,000
October 2 Received cash loan of $25,000 from Partners
October 3 Bought goods of $156,000
October 4 Bought van paying by check $1,600
October 5 Cash withdrawn from the bank $25,000
October 7 Paid wages in Cash $16,000
October 8 Cash drawings $10,000
October 12 Paid the following accounts by check less 10% discount in each
case:
Marshal: $2,000: Linda: $1,600 Theresa: $1,800
October 13 The following paid by check in each case deducting 2.5% discount
Jerry: $980 Martins: $450
October 15 Received a further loan of $2,500
October 16 We paid Brandy his account of $400 by check
October 18 Cash sales $8,000
October 21 Paid rent in cash $1,800
October 23 Received commission by check $7,500
October 25 The following persons paid us their accounts by check in each
case
deducting 5% discount: Uson $500; David: $4,599
October 26 We paid the following accounts paid by check in each case
deducting
2% discount
Joseph: $2000, Tiola: 1,200
October 28 Paid insurance: $8,900
October 29 Linda paid us a check for $2,500 having deducted $200 for cash
discount

I was always skeptical about the way these scammers were conducting business for a couple of reasons:
    Abrasive tone
    Tardiness on the two online meetings I had with them
    Unresponsive every time I pointed out errors in written instruction
    Typos. Lots of them.

I completed the first Task with ease, I began working on the 2nd one but discovered that I needed to brush up on my some terminology so did what every normal human being would do and asked google. It was at for this reason, that I stumbled upon this website and learnt of this scam.

NOTE: I had already checked out the company name and their website and established that the REAL company, [who once again I'd like to point out that are victims of corporate identity theft] actually exist and seemingly are a great company. Even the names of the people these scammers were using are listed employees. However, as my suspicions continued to grow, I decided to really read the fine print. Remember the "training manager" I was assigned to, Mr. Erich Parker? Turns out he exists at the company but he is not a training manager at all, he is VICE PRESIDENT, CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS AND CHIEF BRAND OFFICER. These scammers have downloaded the real peoples photos and are using them as their google profile pictures!!!

It was at this point that I decided to a little tet a tet with the fake Mr. Parker. Something to this tune...

Are you there Mr. Parker?
I'm almost finished...
Do I have a time limit?
Erich Parker ([email protected])
Ok
Go ahead take your time.
I have a question for you...
Are you able to help me answer one thing?
Erich Parker ([email protected])
What will that be ?
Its actually on the link: http://bit.ly/2sYvgSH
Can you see the link?
Is this a scam Mr. Parker?
I find it funny that the VICE PRESIDENT, CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS AND CHIEF BRAND OFFICER
is the one helping me go through training
Message not delivered.
Please verify that you are not a scammer
Message not delivered.
I find it funny that the VICE PRESIDENT, CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS AND CHIEF BRAND OFFICER
is the one helping me go through training
Please verify that you are not a scammer
Message not delivered.

As you can see, the fool took off. So did "Mrs. Albright" and my call to "Mrs. Newlin" went to a sketchy VM on the TEXT ME app.

Anyway, I could write a whole lot more but I'm tired and busy. Be careful. Spread the word. I plan to call the real company and let them know that they are victims of fraudulent activity.
#333356 by vonpaso xlura Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:18 pm
The scammer's writing indicates that he is West African.

Please do not tell scammers that they are scammers. Especially do not tell scammers how you found out that they are scammers. Just cut off all communications.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#333698 by KlioLynne Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:55 am
Yep. Same here, only the training CAME TO A HAULT when they asked for my bank information. Because I am a broke chick trying to work from home, I don't exactly have a lot going on for myself. He asked which payment method I prefer and I told him direct deposit. I use a prepaid Walmart card. I told him that my bank was the Green Dot Bank. But he seemed to already know because he quit responding to any of my messages, and Beth appears to have blocked me. So I'm pretty sure my little Walmart card just saved me from having a bunch of money stolen. :(
#337993 by areios0327 Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:39 am
Apparently this has been going on since around July 1st 2017 with CHEMOURS, and is certainly a bank transaction fraud scandal from Nigeria. I was in contact with the legal team at CHEMOURS to report that just like the above thread dated 7-8-17, I too was contacted by Beth Albright and Mr. Erich Parker, both of whom do work for the company, but the imposters are using gmail addresses, communicating at third party domains, and their only intent is to get you to cash the check, and send them a copy of the deposit slip. They then take the money back, and/or you spend some, it bounces, and you owe the bank. If they are successful at least once a week, they have netted appx $7000 in money laundering which the FBI will not go after since it is overseas.

If you read this thread, report to google, and contact the official CHEMOURS company to report the fraud and ask for their legal department. I will not post the individuals private information on here with whom I contacted at CHEMOURS for their privacy and their ability to isolate and bring the individuals to justice.

Google Job Offer Scam
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed out side link
#341575 by En.dee Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:15 am
Received a text 10.11.17 from 347.919.6161 from "Mrs. Melissa Vaughn" instructing me to add [email protected]. The interview followed, the offer was made for data entry from [email protected]. Offer letter stated:

APPOINTMENT LETTERFOR THE JOB OFAN ONLINE ADMIN ASSISTANT/ DATA ENTRY CLERK
I am pleased to offer you a position with THE CHEMOURS COMPANY as its ADMIN/DATA ENTRY
CLERK. If you decide to join us, you will receive pay by the hour at the rate of $30.75/hr, which
will be paid bi-weekly in accordance with the Company's normal payroll procedures. As an
employee, you will also be eligible to receive certain employee benefits after you work for
3months with us. The benefits include 401k, Childcare, Vision, Health, and Dental. You should
note that the Company may modify job titles, salaries and benefits from time to time as it deems
necessary. You have been attached to an online supervisor who would take you through the start
up process and training.
You are required to add him ASAP on Google Hangouts the way the interview was conducted with
the following address. Mr. Erich Parker
([email protected]). ([email protected]) He will give
instructions on how to sign and return the documents. As a condition of your employment, you
are also required to sign and comply with an At Will Employment, Confidential Information, and
Arbitration Agreement forms attached which requires, among other provisions, the assignment of
patent rights to any invention made during your employment at the Company, and non-disclosure
of Company proprietary information.
As a Company employee, you will be expected to abide by the Company's rules and standards.
Specifically, you will be required to sign an acknowledgment that you have read and that you
understand the Company's rules of conducts which are included in the Company Handbook that
would be given to you after training. The Company is excited about your joining and looks
forward to a beneficial and productive relationship. Nevertheless, you should be aware that your
employment with the Company is for no specified period and constitutes at will employment. As a
result, you are free to resign at any time, for any reason or for no reason. Similarly, the Company
is free to conclude its employment relationship with you at any time, with or without cause, and
with or without notice. We request that, in the event of resignation, you give the Company at least
two weeks’ notice.
I _ accept the job offer and Conditions above and would put in my best on behalf of THE CHEMOURS COMPANY.

I then googled open positions @ Chemours .... there is no data entry or work from home openings.
Dug a little deeper and here I am at SCAM WARNERS warning others.