Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#237129 by joshgrrr Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:11 pm
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately the post you applied for has been taken but I have a position which may interest you.

Detailed Job Description:

My name is Philip Martinez ,I am 51 years old, married with children.I am a relatively successful entrepreneur with huge investor in the real estate market and Health Sector which tends to be my main source of income. I am looking for a trustworthy and reliable individual who works well and understand orders.
I have been a financial planner and a lawyer for over 25 years now and am also a private researcher. I travel often within and outside of the United States working on various independent projects. This is why I need someone who can help keep me up to date with all of my activities, especially while I am away and amidst my busy schedule. My previous personal assistant/book keeper is currently unavailable due to health reasons and I am keen on finding an efficient, motivated, organized individual who can communicate well and is able to multi-task under pressure.

This position is home-based for now and it is a flexible job, Working for me is a test of following instructions,someone who is able to meet up with me at irregular times. you will be working 3 to 4 hours daily in any of the three days of the week that is convenient for you, i need you to work for me As a book keepr/ personal assistant, your activities amongst others will include:Running personal errands,Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities,Basic wage is $450 weekly

I am sure you understand how busy my schedule is on a daily basis. Currently, I will be out of the state with partners. I will be back in two to three weeks to arrange a formal interview with you but i will like to secure your services before my arrival so that you can run some little errands for me while i am away, I think you are the right person for this position. Please note that this position is home-based for now, pay stays constant.
All I need from you is total honesty and sincerity. I know you will be committed to the work, You will also have a nice period of time working with me.

I will be waiting to hear from you.

Philip Martinez..

FIRST NAME:
MIDDLE NAME:
LAST NAME:
ADDRESS & APT # :
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP CODE:
HOME PHONE #:
MOBILE PHONE#:
SEX:
EMAIL ADDRESS:
PRESENT JOB:
Nationality: ___________________________
Current Job: ____________________________

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just saw yesterday. Really distressing stuff.
Advertisement

#237164 by vonpaso xlura Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:32 am
Welcome to Scamwarners! This is a personal assistant scam written by a West African who does not travel in the United States. Please post the email headers. Others may be searching for the email address.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#237933 by denroy17 Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:46 pm
Here was the Craigslist listing
http://providence.craigslist.org/fbh/4873818453.html
Part-Time Cashier Needed////Cafe (Rhode Island)
compensation: $15.00 to start / Full benefits after 90 days
Looking for PT Cashier & Sandwich maker for Bakery/Cafe in Rhode Island. Must have good customer service skills, and be willing to take initiative. Experience in food industry is an asset but not necessary, training will be provided. Please send your resume to above email address, no phone call please, thanks!

And here was the email I received after sending a short email response.
[email protected]
5:50 PM American Easter Time, Sunday, February 15th, 2015

Thanks for your Interest. Unfortunately the position has already been filled but another offer is still available if you are interested. I have gone through your email and I'm impressed. I had a previous personal assistant who had been active for the past 6 months but due to personal sickness, she was unable to carry on. Can you work as my part time personal assistant? I am constantly out of town and I'm presently in Australia for business trip. I will return back to the States by 28th of next month to talk about the possibility of making this offer long term in person.

PA JOB DESCRIPTION:
1) To receive and drop off my mails at your nearby UPS office
2) To pay my bills on my behalf. (3) To do my shopping
4) It is a part time work without affecting your present job because the hours are flexible.

Note: You are allowed to open the packages to reveal the contents of my arts and sculptures orders. All expenses and taxes will be paid by me including your weekly salaries. No heavy packages are involved. You will be shopping for Art Materials and it can be done at your nearby stores. You will be working 3 - 4 days in a week and the hours are flexible. I offer a sum of $400 per week for these services and you can work in your current location without resuming to any office for now. Kindly provide me with your "Full Name", "Complete Mailing Address (Not PO Box)" & "Direct Cell Phone Number" to start working as from next week. I will be looking forward to receive these information so that it can be processed in next 48 hours.
#237936 by denroy17 Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:54 pm
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Return-Path: [email protected]
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="_553ccd6d-cdaf-4696-9512-33e22eaaa8de_"
Sender: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Part-Time Cashier Needed////Cafe
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 17:50:53 -0500
Is the above bold email the header you are looking for?
#237939 by denroy17 Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:58 pm
Received: from SNT004-OMC1S28.hotmail.com (snt004-omc1s28.hotmail.com. [65.55.90.39])
by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id np8si4679241obb.26.2015.02.15.14.50.54
maybe this?
#238049 by denroy17 Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:31 pm
I don't want to post to much because I don't know what personal information I might be giving away, but is this what you were looking for?

In-Reply-To:
<CALywTc72MG5aKcVGfOig6hhMi4QUUQfFDae18JHtV9b8MqtsSw@mail.gmail.com>
References:
<CALywTc72MG5aKcVGfOig6hhMi4QUUQfFDae18JHtV9b8MqtsSw@mail.gmail.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 15 Feb 2015 22:50:54.0253 (UTC) FILETIME=[DAAB35D0:01D04971]
#238051 by Bryon Williams Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:37 pm
Do not worry further about the email header. He is using hotmail. If he had a website we would need the information.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#238329 by denroy17 Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:19 pm
Ok any further help I can be in catching this scum bag let me know.
I got another email from him today,

¨Thanks for getting back to me. My name is Peter Briggs. I own Briggs Arts & Sculptures. I have a mini office in Dallas Texas and want to get another one in your city. My work has been included in exhibitions at the Fredericksburg Art Gallery, the Wally Workman Gallery , the Texas City Museum, Moody Mansion Museum in Texas. and Perot Museum of Nature and Science.

The mission of Briggs Arts & Sculptures is to enhance the understanding and appreciation of modern art, sculptures, exhibiting, and preserving its world-renowned Collection. Briggs Arts & Sculptures wants to play a leading role on regional, national, and international stages through exceptional exhibitions, publications, programs, and collaborations.

The job is still available and you will never regret working for me. I am currently in Australia for business trip and i need a personal assistant to work for me. I will meet you in person when i return to States by next month. I am updating my website with some new information and it will be out by next week. I will give you the link to my new website soon. You can work wherever you are located in States. If you are ready and interested to get started soon, Complete Below Information:

Full Name:
Mailing Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Cell Phone:

Note: Your provided information will be used to mail a CHECK to cover your week salary and my shopping fund. I have also attached few of my work to this email for you to view them.

Best Regard
#239355 by azconfusion Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:20 pm
I have also :roll: received this exact letter while searching for a job in anchorage Alaska. What I'm wondering is most scams come down to "western money asap" but what is this scam about and since I attached my resume to the craigslist reply to the original job post is there something they'll be able to do with my information?
#239369 by vonpaso xlura Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:28 pm
Probably something like this: the scammer arranges for a fake check to be sent to you (by someone who thinks he has a payroll job), and he tells you to buy such-and-such an item and send it to him.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#240782 by tree mill Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:04 pm
I have just recieved the same "peter briggs" email (craigslist). I responded and got another email which I will paste below. Does anybody know what the scam is about? They havent asked for anything other than name and address. What the above poster said sounds reasonable, but does anybody know for sure? Here is the other email they sent after my second reply:

Peter Briggs
[email protected]

I am happy to inform you that your position has been confirmed and approved. Your provided information has been stored in my database and will be used to mail your first week paycheck that will include your weekly salary and my shopping fund. I will keep you posted with parcel tracking number once the paycheck is mailed out.

I will be contacting you via email, text message and call should in case i have an urgent message for you. I want you to be honest with your work and i will meet you in person when i return from Australia.

Can this number {********** } receive text messages and also good to call you?

Thanks
#240785 by Bryon Williams Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:04 pm
Scammer will send you a fake check. He then will have you deposit that fake check. You and your bank will think it is real. The scammer will have you wire some money to a third party. Day's or weeks later your bank will inform you of the fraud. You will have to re-pay your bank. Your bank may close your account and/or report you to Law Enforcement for a financial crime.

Meet your employers face to face.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#242276 by tree mill Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:53 pm
I didn't expect to get an answer so fast, (from the forum, not the scammer) but I still haven't been asked to do anything nor have I gotten another reply. Im not worried about it at all, but now I'm curious as explanations from both posters make sense.