Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#20515 by ninja1011 Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:23 am
i got a few emails, im not too sure if its legitamate or a scam yet. But im leaning toward scam:
My name is Ralph Williams and I represent Classic Group Inc.
We have looked through your resume and believe that your skills and past experience meet our basic requirements.

Few words about us: a large company with good reputation is finally expanding and looking for new representatives in the USA!

Two to three hours a day performing your duties from your home over the Internet is enough for this position.

We provide a one month paid training period. During your training you receive online training and support. A personal supervisor guides your training. At the end of the training the personal supervisor makes the final decision whether to extend a permanent offer or not.
NOTE: During the trial period a personnel supervisor can recommend termination.

Your wage during the trial period is $2,300 per month plus 8% commission from each transaction. Total income, with the current volume of clients, will be about $4,500 per month. After the trial period base salary will be $3,000 per month, plus 8% commission.

If you are interested in this offer and would like to learn more about it, please send the filled form with your updated contact information to [email protected]

********************************FORM************************
Your Full name:_______________
Your Country of residence:_________________
Your Contact phone:__________________
Preferred call time:___________________

We guarantee to reply within 48 hours.

We have found your resume at http://www.careerbuilder.com. This letter confirms that your resume has been duly processed and your skills meet our basic requirements for the Payment Processing vacancy.

Yours faithfully,
Ralph Williams

Classic Group Inc.

i can post more emails form this person.

Added quotes - Michelle
Advertisement

#20516 by Dotti Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:36 am
You are right to be suspicious--it is indeed a scam. This will turn out to be a "payment processing" job scam. The same script has been used numerous times, with only minor changes.
Check out these search results:
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22a+large+company+with+good+reputation+is+finally+expanding+and+looking+for+new+representatives+in+the+USA%22&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=Cs&filter=0

However, having as much of the scammer's script as possible does help us to prevent future scams, so if you could post the other emails, that would help us to help others.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#20517 by ninja1011 Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:00 am
thanx for response ^^.
here is another email that i got after giving some fake information:
Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answer and interest in a part-time position with Classic Group Inc

In the future please e-mail me at [email protected]

The main strategic aim of our company is to provide quick, easy, efficient and secure
ways for businesses to outsource services locally, nationally and globally to maximize
their competitive advantage and cost effectiveness.
The goal of our company is to ensure both:
the most reliable security level and simplicity of use and availability.

We are happy to offer you the Payment Processing Agent position.

Here are the job Requirements:
- 18 years of age or older;
- internet access to promptly reply to emails;
- availability by phone (1-2 hours a day);
- a bank account to process payments
We welcome competent and reliable approach to work, responsibility and initiative
in search of the most efficient ways of job implementation.

Each Payment Processing Agent is provided with employment benefits after successful
probationary period (30 days). The employment benefits include:

- Stock options;
- 401k;
- Flex-Time;
- Health & Dental;
- Professional development programs

You will find detailed description of the job following the link:

http://www.classicgroupinc.ws/vacancies/payment

We strongly recommend to read our FAQ:

http://www.classicgroupinc.ws/vacancies/payment/faq

Details about our company you can find here:

About Classic Group Inc : http://www.classicgroupinc.ws/about/us
Management Team: http://www.classicgroupinc.ws/about/team

Some important facts:

1. You don't need to invest your own money to get started;

2. This is not a sales position. While employed with us, you are guaranteed a Base Salary as well as commission per task processed;

3. Each remittance will be accompanied by an invoice ensuring legality of transaction.

If you are interested in the offered vacancy or have any questions please
contact us at [email protected]

We appreciate your time and sincerely hope to see you in Classic Group Inc team!
Best Regards,
Ralph Williams
Classic Group Inc
[email protected]
Phone: 1-845-738-4377
Fax: 1-845-504-4104

and another:

This is an on-line, home based position. There is no formal Interview process for this position and most of communication is done on-line. If you have any questions please feel free to call our HR department, the number is listed below.

We require our newly hired Financial Agents to use their bank account because this job is considered to be an Independent Contractor position, Once employed on Regular basis, we will provide you with a bank account through our company. But you can set up a new personal bank account (saving or checking). In preference in such banks like Wellsfargo, Chase, WAMU or Bank of America.

For the most part what the job requires is for someone to be available Monday through Friday, 9 to 11 am. Your main job would be monitoring your on-line Task Manager, which you’ll create on our site once you’re employed. Once the funds enter your account, your supervisor will notify you and assign you your tasks for the day. At this point you would go to your bank, withdraw the funds and transfer them using Western Union or Money Gram, as instructed by your supervisor. For the most part we deal with clients that are engaged in closed on-line auctioning market, purchasing anything from stocks, bonds and shares, to the actual physical items.
You would always be aware of where the funds are coming from and where they are going. In today’s world of commerce, especially with our international clients, making regular wire transfers using international banks could take up to 15 days, which is not an acceptable form of payment to our clientele.

Base salary ($2300)is paid at the end of probationary period (Once employed on the regular basis, base salary ($3000) is paid on the last business day of the month) via wire transfer to your bank account. Commission (8%) should be deducted from money received. Your commission will be deposited along with every transfer. We will let you know how much of the amount deposited is your commission and how much needs to be transferred, all fees are paid from money received. You will be provided a 1099 Form at the end of the year. Health & Dental Insurance will be available to you after your probationary period, which is 30 days.

In determining whether you are a qualified candidate for this position we perform various criminal and state background checks. Mainly we look for any outstanding delinquencies that you might have with your state and for any criminal convictions. Both of these background checks help us determine whether you are a qualified candidate.

Make sure that you have read our FAQ: http://www.classicgroupinc.ws/vacancies/payment/faq
And here is the link to detailed job description: http://www.classicgroupinc.ws/vacancies/payment

Notify me by e-mail if you decide to apply and I'll send you all necessary
application forms.

Yours faithfully,

Ralph Williams
Classic Group Inc

[email protected]
Phone: 1-845-738-4377
Fax: 1-845-504-4104

Added quotes - Michelle
#20547 by zjbcindy Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:44 pm
I got the same thing from yesturday to today.
They got my e-mail address from my resume posted on careerbuilder.com, that's what he said in the e-mail anyway.
#20604 by meganm Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:13 pm
I got one yesterday too. It reads:

My name is Ralph Williams and I represent Classic Group Inc. We took a glance into your resume and decided that your skills meet our basic requirements for a Payment Processing Agent position.

Classic Group Inc. is a legally recognized organization designed to provide services to consumers. Businesses are predominant in capitalist economies, most being privately owned and formed to earn profit that will increase the wealth of its owners and grow the business itself.

We are looking for independent agents, who will represent our company in various regions. The offered position is currently based on a part-time schedule. You don't need to have a special education to work with our team. Because you will be trained and receive on-line support during your trial period.

On average the working hours are 2-3 hours/day.

We appreciate the labor of our representatives and pay them properly. Salary depends on your activity (you will be paid min. $2,300/month, but completing all assigned duties properly will increase it up to $3,000).

If you are interested in this offer and would like to learn more about it, please send a filled form with your updated contact information to [email protected]

Full name:____________________________________________________
Country of residence:___________________________________________
Contact phone:________________________________________________
Preferred call time:_____________________________________________

We guarantee to reply within 48 hours.

Yours faithfully,

Ralph Williams
Classic Group Inc.
#20605 by Dotti Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:44 pm
Businesses are predominant in capitalist economies, most being privately owned and formed to earn profit that will increase the wealth of its owners and grow the business itself.

How nice of our scammer to explain what a business is...I wonder what remedial textbook this came from?

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#20857 by rockyroad61 Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:19 pm
Wow! I got this too. I checked out their website and it looked legit at first until I started filling in the information and came across the part where they ask me for my bank account number. That's where I stopped. I don't give that info to ANYONE. Then I came here and saw this. Thanks guys :bowdown: :bowdown:
#20879 by Ralph Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:23 am
Hi Rockyroad

Welcome to Scamwarners

Thank you for posting your story, I am very happy to hear you were suspicious enough to check it out and avoid being scammed.

BTW, not providing your bank details online is a good idea
#21261 by Ralph Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:30 am
Hi Jason and welcome

I am glad you checked too :wink:

If you have any questions, please ask