Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#3037 by ChrisSmith Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:38 pm
Beware of this guy. He's sending out Money Orders and cheques and they are very good forgeries. But like all scams, the bank will find out in the end and the victim will end up carrying the can.
This particular scammer has a lot of cheek. If the scam doesn't work, he may even go back to the victim asking them to forget cashing Money Orders for him, but to send out envelopes instead. These envelopes (normally sent by Fed-Ex) contain fakes to other victims.
He's also a great fan of Instant Messaging and phone calls. The African accent and the terrible spelling in his emails should be a dead giveaway, but unfortunately he's getting way too many paying victims at the moment.
Remember. Just because a Money Order may look good to you, doesn't mean it is genuine. Always get it checked out properly before banking it. And always be suspicious if you don't personally know the guy who sent it.

Opening format is as follows. I've not bothered with his email address as he flits from one to the other and is hard to nail down. Just keep an eye out for anything that looks similar. The possibility is that it could be him.

Subject: Job Offer
Good tidings to you as you read. My name is Dr. Mark Fitch. I am a freelance researcher and Chief Consultant of Fitch Consultng and Research Inc. I was born in Baltimore, Maryland in the year 1967, I presently live in the United kingdom, with my three kids and the love of my life. I would be very interested in offering you a part-time paying job in which you could earn a lot. I just came about your email address and your brief profile through an email listing affiliated with the US Chamber of Commerce. WH AT YOU NEED TO DO FOR US? Presently, I have just been granted a funding to head a research project in the tropical regions of West Africa regarding rare and vulnerable plant species and this would be commencing very soon, However my funding were by my American counterparts which sent me the bunch of payments mostly in US based money orders. Getting an accountant in the states or opening an account would have been my best choice but I have a deadline to meet and taking any of those choices would cost me time and a whole lot of other requirements I am not ready to deal with, as I would be traveling a lot in the meantime. So presently, assuming you would be able to deal with cash, I would be willing to employ you on contract basis to be my payment representative back in the states, this way I could issue and make these money orders out to you, you could then cash them easily, withdraw 10% of the total amount on these money orders as your commission and then send the rest bac k to me through Western Union wire transfer. You will be furnished with enough information to send the balance less Western union charges and your 10% to us when we confirm a payment being sent to you. Please if you are honest and dedicated and willing to work for us I will be needing the following information to get to my US based clients so that you can start receiving our payments as our US based representative. 1. Full name as it should appear on the Money orders and checks, 2. Physical address so that the payments can be sent to you via Ups, Fed ex or Usps courier service. 3. Your home and cell phone number for better communication. Please reply this email with the information i asked for only if you are really dedicated and trustworthy. The link to our website will be up soon as it is being re-designed right now. Expecting Only interested applicants should respond to this offer and forward all information requested to _______ to read from you soon. Warm Regards, but. Fitch and Associates Research and Consulting Inc. 103 Jermyn Street, London, SW1Y 6EQ, UK.
Advertisement

#3038 by ChrisSmith Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:39 pm
Once you have the Money Orders, he sends out the payment details:

How are you doing? I am currently in West Africa for my research. My Clients just informed me that you shall recieve the first payment today from UPS.
He has paid to you $3800 in form of cashiers check.

You will deposit the check immediately at your bank into your account. Once the funds are available for withdrawal, deduct your fee 10% [$380] and remit my balance to my assistants at my branch in Ghana by western union money transfer. All western union charges should be deducted from my part of the money. Here is the information for my branch manager SCOTT JACKSON and my other assistant SAMUEL DAVID, you will send whatever is left after your $380 to them in two equal halves with the following information :

Reciever 1: JAMES MARTINS
Address: 33 Spintex Road
City: Accra
zipcode: 00233
Test question: Favourite Colour
Answer: Blue
Amount: $1600

Reciever 2: SAMUEL DAVID
Address: 33 Spintex Road
City: Accra
zipcode: 00233
Test question: Favourite Colour
Answer: Blue
Amount: $1600

I will be needing the following information when the Western union is sent so that SCOTT JACKSON and my other assistant SAMUEL DAVID can pick up the funds here in Africa :

1. Ten digit Western Union Money transfer control number (MTCN NUMBER) on reciept.
2. Test question and answer if used for the transaction
3. Exact Amount sent after western union charges were deducted
4. Sender's name and address as it appears on western union reciept.
I will need these information for each of the transactions.
Regards
Rob.

P.S.
Here is the Fedex tracking number (........), you can track the package at the website http://www.ups.com/us

Keep a particular eye out for the two receiver names up there.

#3040 by ChrisSmith Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:51 pm
He will often ask prospective victims to fill out "Employment Forms".
I've omitted the name and address he uses at the bottom of the form because, again, it varies from week to week, depending on who he's pretending to be.

EMPLOYMENT/AGREEMENT FORM

FIRST NAME………………………… LAST NAME………………………………
ADDRESS……………………………………………………………………………..
CITY…………………………………….. STATE…………………………………..
ZIP CODE……………………………….. COUNTRY……………………………...
PHONE NUMBER (S) ……………………………………………………………….
………………………………………
GENDER…………………………….. MARITAL STATUS……………………..
AGE………………………………….. NATIONALITY………………………………..
ID NUMBER…………………… NAME OF BANKERS……………………………..
HAVE YOU DONE THIS KIND OF JOB BEFORE………………..
IF YES, NAME OF COMPANY………………………………………..

ATTESTATION
According to how you have been briefed earlier by a qualified
representative of this establishment. You are required and mandated to
receive payment on behalf of the above mentioned firm. You are to
deduct 10% of all funds processed on a particular order and forward
the balance payment via Western Union Money Transfer to any of the
Group regional research laboratories that will be given to you later.
You will notify the company a week ahead if eventually you want to
discontinue this job so as to terminate all payment coming your way to
avoid conflict.

In agreement to this kindly append signature below.

………………………………………