Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#23273 by Chris Fuller Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:23 pm
There is a genuine Oxford Hotel in London, and this scam mail provides a link to their genuine website. The scammer who sent this mail from West Africa, however, has no connection with Oxford Hotel, and has no employment opportunities to offer.

The scammer will pretend to arrange employment, and then state that some money needs to be paid as part of the travel arrangements, or for some other invented purpose. No travel arrangements will ever be made, and no employment will be available, however, because the jobs that he is offering do not exist.

You will notice that the scammer has given a phone number which resembles an ordnary UK number. But the 4470 at the beginning of it shows that this is really a UK Redirect number, which will redirect all calls to the scammer's own mobile phone .... in West Africa.

The real Oxford Hotel does not use a 4470 number, but one which begins 44 20. The real Oxford Hotel does not use a Yahoo email address, either.

IP Address: 212.60.76.11 - Banjul, Gambia

Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010
Subject: Oxford Hotel London

Oxford Hotel London
I am Mrs Jenifer Franklyn from london, i am the manager of Oxford Hotel,i wish to inform you that the hotel need man and woman who can work and live in Oxford hotel london the hotel will care of your tickets,accommodation lodging and assistance ,if you are interested ,you should please contact me back via the mail box,[email protected] or You Can Visit Our Web-sit, http://www.oxfordhotel.co.uk
Mrs Jenifer Franklyn
Thanks
Advertisement