Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#165963 by Machinery Resources Thu May 16, 2013 2:45 pm
There have been fraudulent checks sent out in our company's name: Machinery Resources International. We are NOT hiring and only have 1 office located in the state of CA. We have received numerous phone calls from both banks and people. If you cash this fraudulent check you are responsible for the full amount of the check once the banks finds out it's fake. You could be out $3000 or more. Here are the e-mails people are getting:

Hello,

Your resume/email was received and has been reviewed. I appreciate your effort and have decided to give this a “go.”

My name is Kelly Argust. I am 51 years old, married with 2 wonderful children. I am a relatively successful entrepreneur and huge investor in the real estate market, which tends to be my main source of income.

I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well with good understanding as my Personal Assistant. This position I am offering is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them, my only fear is that I May come at you impromptu sometimes, so I need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings. As my personal assistant, your activities amongst other things will include;

Duties and Requirements:

*Scheduling programmers, flights and keeping me up-to-date with them.
*Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities.
*Processing weekly check payment.
*Filing, Faxing, Creating and sending out letters, scanning documents, some personal assistant duties for owners, and many other
*Managing expenses and invoices

Basic wage is $450 weekly from start date.

I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this point. Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, it's a part-time work from home for now and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others. I would like to give you an immediate trial, so if you are interested kindly get back to me. As I have been checking my files and schedules and would need someone urgently to run some errands for me this week/next week, while I am away. I will have some funds sent to you to complete the errands and would get back to you with more information on that, get back to me with your Personal/Contact Details such as:

FULL NAMES:
ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP CODE:
HOME PHONE #:
MOBILE PHONE#:
SEX:
EMAIL ADDRESS:
PRESENT JOB:
Nationality: ___________________________
Current Job: ____________________________

Are you eligible to work in the United States? Yes ____ No_____

If you are under age 18, do you have an employment/age certificate? Yes ___ No ___

How often do you check your email: ______________

Days/Hours Available: Hours Available: from _______ to ______

What date are you available to start work? ________________

Once I have received your contact information, I will get back to you with the task for next week, You will also be paid upfront as its important you help me handle some errands before i get back from my business trip. Hope I am clear with that.

NOTE: ALL RESPONSE SHOULD BE SENT TO [email protected] FOR FAST FOLLOW UP AND DIRECT COMMUNICATION

Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response.

Yours Sincerely,

On May 15, 2013, at 2:22 PM, Kelly Argust <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello
Congratulations to you on the New Job. ..This is a legitimate P/A Job am offering you and I hope to have your 100% loyalty and Co-operation. Your quick response to e-mails and effectiveness will be required. I have been checking my files and what i would want you to do for me this week is to run some errands out to some of the Orphanage home, I do that every month. A payment inform of a Certified Company Check will be mail to you from one of my clients and i have some list of task to email to you, once you received the funds you will be getting paid from the funds then you will now make use of the rest funds to make arrangements by buying some stuff/gift items for kids at any nearest store around you, and mail them to a particular Orphanage home information that i will provide in my next email..You will be receiving the Check Payment on Tommorow morning via Fedex courier service and will come along with your first Pay.. I will get back to you with the tracking number of the check payment once mailed to you.
I want you to re-confirm the Name and Address below in order to avoid any loss or misplacement of the check payment .
Email back ASAP to confirm you received this notification & to confirm you are ready for this

Date: May 16, 2013, 10:31:51 AM EDT
Subject: First Assignment and will be deliver today via
Reply-To: Kelly Argust <[email protected]>
Hello
How are you doing today. Am Glad to Inform you that a payment has been sent to you which is your First Assignment and will be deliver today via Fedex.
Transaction Details Below:
Fedex Tracking Number: 8758 2238 9488
The Package contains Certified Company Check
Amount: $2950
Once you receive the check, take it to your bank and have it deposited overnight it ..
However, I am donating it to the orphans. I contacted the orphanage home, and I was given the list of the items to be bought, the items are much and will cost a lot to get them shipped, so we have reached an accord, They will be getting the items themselves.
Once the check has been cashed you are to deduct $450 your weekly salary as i promised and send the remaining Money through Western Union Money Transfer to the Orphanage home information that will be provided in my next email once you have received and Cashed the Check.
Advertisement

#172543 by eeney Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:03 am
Well, I'm a little sad. I was so excited and then my friend told me it was a scam. This is a pretty well written scam. Everything I tried to put in bold were multiple cases I've seen in others' reports of almost being scammed:

Hello,
How are you today and how was your night? You contacted me applying for the position of (PART TIME ASSISTANT) as advertised on Craigslist. I am sorry I had to post the advert in that manner because my ex personal assistant was a medical receptionist and having someone like her is what I desire. Do take time to go through this introductory mail and feel free to pass any questions on.

Patricia Keene is my name. A Social Photographer, Editor, Lecturer and curator based in Australia. I have been a photographer for over fifteen years and also has been teaching photography for five years. I bring a unique teaching style to students which will guarantee creative and fun learning by all student photographers while elevating them to new, exciting photographic heights that they have dreamed of. I often conduct Live slide/talk lectures on Understanding Exposure, the Art of Seeing, Macro Photography and Photographing People throughout the Canada USA and Asia. At the moment, I am in a work-shop in Great Britain. I will be here for a month after which I will fly down to Philippines for a Live-slide/talk show lectures with some students.

YOUR DUTIES AS MY ASSISTANT.
While I am out of the states, I need some one who can stand in the gap for me.His/her duties will be the following

1.To receive letters and mails on my behalf.
2.Receive checks and money orders from clients who want to attend the forth coming workshops or Live shows.
3.Schedule appointments for me.
4.Book my flight tickets.
5.Send letters and mails from my clients.

This position is home-based and flexible part time job, you can be in any location to carry out any of the activities. All you need do is to check your emails twice daily and keep your phone on most times in case i might need to call you from anywhere i may be.I do have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will be available to start. This can act as a stable foundation to our working relationship.Let me know if you have any of the office equipment (If not,I will make arrangements to send them to your address)

For proper review (since i am not available now to set up a face-to-face interview) supply out correctly the information below.

FULL NAMES...................
ADDRESS.................
CITY ............STATE.............
ZIP CODE............COUNTRY....... ...........
PHONE NUMBER (S) ........................
PRESENT OCCUPATION.................... ..........
Email....................

Scanned copy of your ID: (You can provide that later when you are employed)
Note: It will be of added advantage if you can provide 2 references from your past employments.

Qualification:
1.Educational background is not a criteria.
2.You must be Organized and able to take instructions well Dependable, Reliable, Trustworthy a must
3.Must have excellent English language skills (both spoken and written)
4.Have great work ethic and attitude, as well as people skills, pay-attention to detail, capable of multi-tasking, and works well under stress at times.

Benefits:
- Yearly performance bonus
- Paid vacation/sick/personal days
- Medical benefits

Salary:
$500 weekly($2,000 monthly)
Also,there will be compensation for efficiency and hard working.

Thanks,
Patricia Keene
#172544 by eeney Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:18 am
ALSO! I searched on LinkedIn to find this person since most professionals have been going on this site and this person is not there at all. Many teachers I know even the ones that look ancient have an account on LinkedIn
#178646 by ecb13c Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:25 pm
I just received an email almost word for word to what is posted here. Although I am on oDesk.com, a site where contractors can search for assistants, I thought it was odd, considering I had not applied for this position. I said, "Maybe she came across me in her search?" but it didn't seem realistic. Besides that, she claimed to be a journalist, yet, :roll: there were countless grammatical errors in the email!
:idea: I copied & pasted " A payment inform of a Certified Company Check will be mailed to you from one of my clients" to google to see if the lingo was going around in a scam & voilà... :shock:

Oh well, would've been nice! :|

She goes by Tracey Williams, her email is [email protected].

P.S. Looking back, I see where she claimed she preferred to stick to email communication, as she is hard of hearing! Geez, these people think of everything! :roll:
#178860 by feli24 Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:50 am
I received this email from Tracey Williams at [email protected]

ODESK - Invitation to Interview for: Project Aide

How are you doing today, Hope fine? there are no problems with location... your job will be based on your location.

Detailed Job Description:

My name is Tracey Williams... I am 65 years old, married with 4 children. I am a relatively successful entrepreneur and huge investor in the real estate market, which tends to be my main source of income. I am looking for a trustworthy and reliable individual who works well and understand orders.

I have been a financial planner for over 25 years now and am also a private research journalist. I travel often within and outside of STATE working on various independent projects. This is why I need someone who can help keep me up to date with all of my activities, especially while I am away and amidst my busy schedule. My previous personal assistant is currently unavailable for health reasons and I am keen on finding an efficient, motivated, organized individual who can communicate well and is able to multi-task under pressure.

This position is home-based and flexible. Working for me is a test of following instructions. As my Personal Assistant, your activities among others will include:

· Creating orders, pick slips, invoices, and credit memos

· Running personal errands

· Scheduling programs, flights, and meetings and keeping me up to date with them

· Acting as an alternative phone correspondent while I am away

· Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf

· Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities

· Basic wage is $400 weekly

I am sure you understand how busy my schedule is on a daily basis. Currently, I am in Europe meeting with partners. I will be back in three weeks to arrange a formal interview with you. I think you are the right person for this position. Please note that this position is not office-based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules. It is a part-time job, and some weeks you will be busier than others, though pay stays constant. Like I said, I think you are the right person for this job, and think we should get a head start this week. I have a lot of work piled up that I will need help catching up on immediately. I would like to use this coming week to test your efficiency and diligence, and to work your schedule around mine. I am hard of hearing and usually stay in touch through email, I am glad you responded to my ad in such a timely manner and look forward to working with you and promise to be a good boss.

A payment inform of a Certified Check will be sent over to you from one of my clients and i have some lists to email you once you received the funds, You will make some arrangements by buying some stuff for the kids in the Orphanage at any nearest store around you then mail them out. I will get you more information on that, I will like you to get back to me with your Contact Details such as

First Name:

Middle Name:

Last Name:

Street Address:

City, State and Post Code:

Home & Cell Phone(s):

Occupation (if any):

Once you respond and I receive your contact information, I will let you know necessary information on what to do. I look forward to working with you.

Kind Regards,

Tracey Williams
#179099 by lorefield Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:19 pm
I got this exact same email from a lady named "Tracey Williams" through Odesk. She used the email [email protected].

I thought it was odd that her email correspondence included activities not listed on the job posting, which was under a totally different name, so I decided to check her out. I'm so glad I found this site- she was going to send me a check to cash and pay myself + buy toys for an orphanage, which is sweet but odd.

I guess she must get her money when her victims turn the bad checks into merchandise that she can sell? I hope I am in no danger since she only has my name, address, phone and email? I'm definitely not cashing her check. It's sick that people are out there preying on those looking for a job!
#238946 by Almost Got me Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:04 pm
I got the same email. I applied for a position but when he emailed back he said it had been filled. Offered me a different position if I was interested as a Personal Assistant. Almost the same email word for word. Different email address though. Said his name was Joe Palmer email [email protected]
#250843 by mamamia Wed May 13, 2015 4:29 am
Unfortunately I have been scammed as well. Luckily I did not cash the check. I was wondering what I do now that they have my personal information

The position was posted on O Desk for a personal assistant and this was one of the initial e-mails sent.

ts good to hear from you, For now all you doing is purchase specified items for kids and ship to an orphanage address ill instruct later when payment is sent...This task is very easy and will not affect your current job.

Fill the details requested below to Apply.

Full Names:

Mailing Address :

Apartment # :

City, State, Zip Code :

Cell Phone Number:

[email protected]
#250865 by Mayellewycoco Wed May 13, 2015 5:49 am
Good day. I was given an expatriation job in abu dhabi details are as follows:
ATTN; xxxx xxxxxxx,

Hexa Oil & Gas ,Abu Dhabi congratulates you over your success!!!

This is an affirmation that your experience and qualifications were found successful for the requirements of Hexa Oil & Gas, Abu Dhabi.

Please find attached herewith, relevant document containing th Prototype of your Contract Package for your perusal and approval upon thorough review and acceptance of this Contract Package, sign on the last page and Send us a Scanned Copy of the Acceptance page and a copy to the ALFUTTAM TRAVEL AGENCY for the procurement of your necessary traveling papers.

Now, you have to contact the ALFUTTAM TRAVEL AGENCY for the procurement / acquisition of your work/residence permit papers which will empower you to live and work legally here in U.A.E. also sign the Contract agreement and send to ALFUTTAM TRAVEL AGENCY with the below information.

ALFUTTAM TRAVEL AND TOUR U.A.E
101, BUSINESS POINT, BEHIND
NISSAN SHOWROOM, DEIRA.
P.O. BOX: 7880.
DUBAI, UAE.
E-mail: [email protected]
Cc:[email protected]
Phone Number: +971 55 376 5016

This is in line with the Expatriate Statuary Law of UAE in compliance with the U.N. Terrorism Act.Update us with the process between you and the agency in case of advice where necessary, and ensure you provide them their requirements quick for the fastest process from their office.

Also remember that any Expenses you make on the process of registering your documents shall be refunded back to you immediately you submit your expenses report to us via email. Also be informed that once the process is completed your hard copies will be delivered to any postal address of your choice.

There will be a mandatory Orientation/Training Exercise for all Newly Employed Expatriates which will take place within the Work Metropolis of Hexa Oil & Gas ,Abu Dhabi ,and this Program will start 7 days on arrival for work sign-on.Should you require more information, Please feel free to contact the Hexa Oil & Gas ,Abu Dhabi immediately with the below information's for more clarifications.

Hexa Oil & Gas ,Abu Dhabi
P.O Box: 26782,Mussafah, UAE.
Contact person; ENG. MOHAMED SALAH
Telephone: +971 558261167
Email: [email protected] OR [email protected]
Telephone: +971558261167
WEBSITE; http://www.hexamebase.com

Congratulations! On your appointment.

Regards
Mr.ABDUL KHAN
Recruitment manager

....may i ask if this is true as it is too good to be true for me. I am badly needed your help as i only have until next week to answer them. Thank you.

xxxxxxx
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Wed May 13, 2015 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal information.
#250892 by vonpaso xlura Wed May 13, 2015 6:55 am
Please find attached herewith, relevant document containing th Prototype of your Contract Package for your perusal and approval upon thorough review and acceptance of this Contract Package, sign on the last page and Send us a Scanned Copy of the Acceptance page and a copy to the ALFUTTAM TRAVEL AGENCY for the procurement of your necessary traveling papers.

Now, you have to contact the ALFUTTAM TRAVEL AGENCY for the procurement / acquisition of your work/residence permit papers which will empower you to live and work legally here in U.A.E. also sign the Contract agreement and send to ALFUTTAM TRAVEL AGENCY with the below information.

Travel agents do not arrange work/residence permits or visas.
This is in line with the Expatriate Statuary Law of UAE in compliance with the U.N. Terrorism Act.Update us with the process between you and the agency in case of advice where necessary, and ensure you provide them their requirements quick for the fastest process from their office.

Nonsense.

Please remove your name from your post and your user ID.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10