Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#25476 by mahafakir Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:29 pm
I was recruited as a Mystery shopper by one David Allen ([email protected]/ I was sent a cashier's check for $3920.20 by a woman living in Brooklyn, NY (I live in Manhattan, NY) using the overnight UPS letter service who does not live at the address she gave on the shipping label. UPC confirmed that she used a stolen Account number. The check was a fake cashier's check purchased from Sharefax Credit Union (a bank in Atlanta, GA). My first assigment was to wire $3500 to one Harshvardhan Dharmvir living in Davis City, Ca. Here is what this David Allen says about his Company. it is MSPA approved and

the purpose of my assignment is:

We are trying to access basic information on their customer service,comprehensive analysis of their charges,and their staff approach to customers in your location,you have to ensure adequate observation of all the proceedings at the western union location you are visiting at First.

The enclosed check in the amount of $3,900 from our FJ Trading enterprise, the check have been branded for instant payment in your bank,if you can successfully complete the assignment today and you are entitled to $500 deduction from the funds.

Your assignment is to analysis the western union money transfer customer service,observation of their staffs while at duty, the environment of the western union outlet.

You have been mandated to also transact at this location to gather further information on the CASH transfer system,this can be deduced by sending the balance of the funds(transfer charges inclusive).

The transfer must be processed to mystery shoppers in another location, And the approved mystery shopper below, this will enable him to commence on his assignment respectively.

Receiver's Name: Harshvardhan Dharamshi
Address: 715 10th Street C
City: Davis
State: CA
Zip-Code:95616
Text Question: Favorite color
Answer: Blue

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:DO NOT REVEAL YOUR IDENTITY AS A SECRET SHOPPER ON DUTY,YOUR PATRONAGE MUST BE A VISITING CUSTOMER.

You have to survey the following information at the location,and get back at us with your findings.

1. Name and address of the store
2.How many sales people there are when you enter?
3. How many customers there are at the shop when you enter?
4. Is there a queue? If so how many people are attending to them and how many people are on the queue?
5. How long does it take from when you enter until someone offers or comes to assist you?
6. The name of the person who comes to assist/attends to you?
7. What is he/she's general deposition, are they friendly, helpful, polite, grumpy, rude, or whatever you may use to qualify them?
8. How easy or difficult was it for you to obtain the service or goods you went in there for?
9. How long does the entire exercise take?
10. What are your personal opinions about this store? would you recommend them to your friends?

When you are done you will email us([email protected]) a FULL SURVEY REPORT with time stamps and cost breakdown with the following information:

DO NOT SEND THE WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER RECEIPT OF THE TRANSACTIONS,YOU HAVE TO COPY THE INFORMATION ON THE RECEIPT AND EMAIL US.

1)
FULL SENDER'S NAME

2)

10 DIGIT WESTERN UNION TRANSFER CONTROL NUMBER (MTCN)

3)
AMOUNT SENT AFTER DEDUCTING THE TRANSFER CHARGES.

4) TEXT QUESTION AND ANSWER : FAVORITE COLOR
ANSWER : BLUE

As always communication is very important , please acknowledge the receipt of this mail ASAP..
Good Luck and stay bless

Best Regards
David Allen
Administrative Secretary
PAYMENT MANAGER

So I'm being scammed for $3500. I'm not a fool. This is a variation of fake check scam whereby the person asks you to cash a fake check and keep 10% and send the balance to somebody. I'm not a fool to send my own money to somebody I do not know.

Beware of these new type of fake checks in pretext of Mysterry Shopper.

removed name - Dotti
Quots added - Michelle
Advertisement

#25478 by Dotti Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:38 pm
Glad you avoided being scammed. One thing you should realize, though.

by a woman living in Brooklyn, NY (I live in Manhattan, NY) using the overnight UPS letter service who does not live at the address she gave on the shipping label. UPC confirmed that she used a stolen Account number.

She is very possibly another victim who thinks she has a job managing shipping and/or payroll for a fictitious company. The address and account number may very well have been given to her by the scammers as the "company" information. It is very common for scammers to use victims to scam other victims.

If you have reported the scam to the police, they can sort out whether she is a victim or an accomplice.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.