Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#176700 by lola98023 Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:37 am
I recieved an email a few weeks ago from a mystery shopper group, I thought cool I could do this in my free time, so I replied to the email.

This week I recieved a large cashiers check in the amount of $1955 in the mail from East West Bank Pasadena Bank in Calaforina along with a letter from AFMS Shoppers Group. There was a letter of instruction to go by which started out by depositing this ccheck into my back account which drew a huge red flag for me.

I got on line & the first research popped up for this company was fraud. So now I am trying to find out who do I report this to?

How do I try to stop this. They are already texting me to find out if I have made the deposit to complete te trasnactions to go to the next steps.

Per the letter the contact for the company is:

Scott Young Sr
Hr Director
[email protected]
1-626-247-4382

This is the orginal email address that solicited the invitation:
[email protected]

1-626-247-4382
Advertisement

#176712 by vonpaso xlura Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:56 am
afdbgrps.org is an email-only domain. Please post the email from the domain with complete headers so that we can kill it. If you don't have one, post the email asking you to write to that domain, with complete headers, so that we can try to elicit an email from it.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#176714 by Dotti Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:14 pm
As to how to stop them contacting you, you can tell them that their fraudulent check has been turned in to the authorities, and they can feel free to call the police. Then just don't answer after that.

You can report the fraud to IC3, and to the US Postal Inspection Service.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.