Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#176819 by HannahsDad Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:30 am
Freeart International Co at http://freeart-internationaltd.com is a scam money mule recruitment site.

Steals the identity of the legitimate uk company
FREEART INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
CHASE BUSINESS CENTRE
39-41 CHASE SIDE
LONDON
ENGLAND
N14 5BP
Company No. 07744419

The Prez Matthew McMillan is here: http://freeart-internationaltd.com/company/manage

The job Financial Services Officer is here: http://freeart-internationaltd.com/job/finance

And here is the FAQ that makes everything obvious http://freeart-internationaltd.com/job/finance/faq#fq_1

Address: Chase Business Centre 39-41 Chase Side London England N14 5BP
Fax: 087 2352 7716
Tel: 020 3286 3199

In the process of being reported for fraud

Advertisement

#177680 by vonpaso xlura Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:17 am
It has been reported. Please post the email you received, with full headers. These sites take a long time to kill, and we need all the evidence we can get.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#177947 by Gilly Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:51 am
Hi

I have received an email from this company but like an idiot I replied with my contact details. Then when I received the next email it became very apparent that it was suspicious. Now I am really panicking as I sent too much information. What can I do?? Please help!
#177949 by TerranceBoyce Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:29 am
Welcome to Scamwarners Gilly.

if you've just sent them your contact details then all that will happen is you'll get more scam offers. Even personal information, excluding banking details won't put you at risk. It's only if you give them your bank account information that it could be used by the fraudster. Basically they want you to launder stolen money for them and, if they can, trick you in to allowing them to take over your bank account by giving them the password to your online banking, if you have it.

The problem is, if they have your bank account details without access to the account, it could possibly be used in other ways. The thing is, that if you send someone a cheque you are giving them your bank details but, if you have given other personal information about yourself with your bank details, they could attempt to impersonate you. It's not really what these scammers do, but it is a risk if you have given them your bank details and other personal information.

I don't want to explain exactly what they can do, as scammers can read these forums and I don't want to educate them or explain exactly how they can make use of information they steal from victims.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#177963 by Gilly Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:18 am
Many thanks for your prompt reply. I really appreciate it. Once I had their second email through I could see that they were cleaning dirty money. I had only given them my name and address so no bank details so I should be fine.

Again many thanks for your prompt reply and all the advise.
#178168 by Martin19c Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:28 am
This is the email I received from them yesterday - - All the changes that have come about in the past 10 years, from environmental policy to emerging technologies to the recession, have contributed to the creation of careers that never could have existed before.

My name is Miss Florence Forster and I'm with staff of one of the biggest outsourcing company in UK. I came across the resume that you have recently posted on totaljobs.com. Upon initial review of your qualifications we feel that you might be a good fit for a vacancy with our company.

Our organization, registered and based in the United Kingdom (but widely recognized outside the country), is a provider of the best outsourcing software development services and solutions at the best rates. We provide our services to various onshore and offshore companies which are in need of quality software products.

FF Coordinator is a part-time position. If you are just re-entering the workforce or are a recent college grad, this can be your opportunity to start a solid career with a leading outsourcing company. Support and coaching is provided.

The monthly salary for the first 30 days is 1,500 pounds + 8% commission for every completed transaction. Working with a number of permanent customers your total income can be up to 2300.00 GBP. After the trial period your monthly wage will be 1800.00 GBP plus 8% commission.

We beleive that money saved due to outsourcing can be effectively and successfully utilized to focus more on strategic and core businesses functions.

If this opportunity is a fit for you, please feel free to reply to this email at [email protected]. Thank you for your time, and I hope you'll contact me to discuss this opportunity.

Our HR Assistant will contact you within 48 hours. We would like to thank you beforehand and we’re looking forward to a fruitful cooperation.

Respectfully,
Miss Florence Forster
Recruitment Manager
#178169 by raviriot Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:02 am
Hi i have emailed today regarding this scam, i did think how can you offer some a job with out an inter view. i naturally became suspicious and asked ''miss Florence'' to call me.. As you have guesses i have not had any contact from them.however this is the email i have received from them.

We are delighted to formally offer you an employment to work with us in our Company. We have received your CV from jobsite.co.uk.

The position is subjected to the following terms and conditions:
• Salary: Will be paid in monthly installments of 1500.00 GBP, subject to deductions for taxes and withholdings as required by law and the company policies.
• 8 % Commission.
• Benefits:
- Formal training via our personal supervisor training program
- Management growth opportunities
- Health care and retirement plan
- Solid technology support
- Paid vacation
- Paid Sick leave
• Non-Compete Agreement: non-compete agreement must be signed prior to start.
• Terminating the employment: employment is at-will basis. Both parties can terminate the relationship with a notice of 2 weeks at any time.

If you are in agreement with the above outline, please let me know. This offer expires in 1 week

Please review this offer of employment, if you have any queries about these please do not hesitate to contact contact us at [email protected].

Best regards,
Miss Florence
Recruitment Adviser

The only thing i did give them was my mobile number..

was this too much already?

Ravi riot.
#178173 by TerranceBoyce Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:32 am
It's interesting to note the comment from here

http://freeart-internationaltd.com/job/finance

..... that they're particularly looking for people holding accounts with NatWest and HSBC.

That can only suggest that they're looking to target customers of those banks which I'm sure wouldn't please them greatly - trying to employ money launderers specifically to steal from their account holders !

I have never heard of any instance where these criminals ever speak to would-be 'employees' over the phone, let alone hold a face to face interview, which I presume is because most of the scammers speak very poor English and could never pose as anyone working for a Western company.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#178181 by vonpaso xlura Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:22 am
Looks like the gang got their stories mixed up. Most of their sites claim to be outsourcing companies. This one, and a few I've seen before, claim to be art agencies.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#178185 by TerranceBoyce Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:07 pm
An easy way to spot the sites is to check whether or not you can copy and paste the text. They do it to block the sites being indexed by Googled, which is the opposite of what any normal commercial company would do.

It's not very smart, but scammers aren't known for being smart.

#178187 by raviriot Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:45 pm
Ok this is what i have received back from them.. does anyone know what i can do stop these? there is lots of contact info for them inclu a number!

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and interest, first of all, I'm sorry for using Gmail address, however, we are required to use Gmail every time we are contacting new people due to SPAM problem we had recently. In this e-mail I have summarized some of the basic information about the current vacancy. Once you've had the chance to review the information, please contact me directly so that I may offer any additional insights and direct information on applying.

This is not a sales position or a telemarketing scheme. This is a work-from-home job offer. Monthly-based salary is guaranteed while additional income through commission is paid out with every task you receive!

Nowadays the world of art is lack of our attention and support. Art is always in need of permanent promotion and finance in order to share its achievments with us, ordinary people. Bare in mind that Art career is one of the most difficult path one can have to make living from. But keeping your passion alive and passing the suffering part is one of the most important ingredient to success. Our company creates a free trade market for artists and enthusiasts. We mainly deals with providing commercial communication services for art lovers and art patrons and to the artists and art item owners. We specialize in marketing original art using the world wide web. Our company helps artists sell their work by connecting buyers with artists.

Here is more information about the job position with FREEART INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD.

Job vacancy is Finance Support Agent. The position of FSA is to help our clients speed up different payments for outsourcing services, to process such payments, and to make sure that the final product is delivered to the UK based company. As our company use three ways of processing payments, we provide an employee with a supervisor who will determine how each of the assignments is processed. The first way is to complete a wire transfer right from within your bank, the second one is using Western Union, which offers a Money in Minutes services, and the third way is to use Money Gram services, which are very similar to the way Western Union works. It's not a complicated job but it requires responsibility and attentiveness.

Job requirements:
- Minimum 18 y.o.;
- constant internet access;
- home or mobile phone number;
- regular bank account (checking/savings) or a Verified Premier or Business PayPal account.

Employment benefits (upon completion of 30 days trial period):
- Paid holidays;
- Dental and Health;
- Professional development programs

Job description:
The main job responsibility is to stay logged on-line for about 2 hours per day, Monday - Friday, 9 am - 11 am. It's possible to work different hours per day, however hours should be not later than 2 PM. Receiving specific instructions from a supervisor and following prompt assignments is of most importance. The position deals directly with processing funds from our clients. For security reasons a personal bank account is required during the trial period of 30 days. Once your trial is completed, we will assign you a business account through one of our branches in your area.

During your trial period you will receive between 2 and 3 transfers per week. Invoices are provided for each operation. Along with every operation, you automatically receive the senders, and further the receivers names that the funds belong to.

Salary:
Base salary is 1,500 GBP per month during the Trial Period (paid at the end of each month) + 8 commission from each successfully handled payment (should be deducted from the money received per task). Total income is about 1,800 GBP per month. After the first 30 days your base salary will be increased up to 2,000 GBP a month.

Refer to the links below for additional information: http://www.freeart-internationaltd.com/ ... e2?lang=us

Frequently Asked Question: http://www.freeart-internationaltd.com/job/finance/faq

Key points:
- No investment of funds on your part;
- Not a sales position, base pay along with commission is guaranteed;

For further information and inquiries you may contact us at [email protected]

Limited Time Offer with a Sign On Bonus! Please follow the link: http://www.freeart-internationaltd.com/ ... us?lang=uk

If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, in order to secure the position and get started with probationary period, you need to create a Task Manager Account on http://www.freeart-internationaltd.com/registration/1

Thank you for your time and interest with our company.

Best Regards,

FREEART INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD

Florence Forster
HR Assistant
E-mail:[email protected]
Phone: 020 3286 3199
#178194 by TerranceBoyce Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:12 pm
There's not a lot you can do raviriot.

The telephone contact numbers are usually bogus and inoperative, which is another way you can spot them. It's doubtful that the person contacting you speaks much English and they certainly wouldn't be able to pretend to be anyone in a position of responsibility in a UK company. Mostly they operate using pre-written templates and they're working on auto-pilot in the remote hope they'll hook a bank account and victim. Presumably when they do, their bosses give them a reward but it's likely that they get scammed too.

The scam will die out as it loses its effectiveness, though the potential for crime is do great using someone else's bank account they'll never give in entirely.

#178203 by raviriot Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:49 pm
Thank you Terrance Boyce.

I have a feeling my brother was a victim of this scam.

He did a one off transaction for them then realised this was not right.

Feel for those people who are not suspicious and get caught by these people.

God knows how many people they have actually fooled..

Ravi