Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#177175 by aharris Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:48 pm
I have received a few emails from an email address: [email protected]. I have been talking to this person and the following message it the first one i received out of six in total. The first message is pasted in full below. Please help me out, I do not want to get in trouble for helping this person..
EMAIL:
Dear Job Seeker,

I acknowledged the receipt of your application for the position advertised on Craigslist. Below you would find important information about the company, requirements and benefit which you would receive for the position.

Company Profile: VF Corporation is a global leader in branded lifestyle apparel and footwear and we believe we're just getting started. Nearly a decade ago, we began the process of transforming VF into a global lifestyle apparel company. We identified six growth drivers that are crucial to our success, including building lifestyle brands, expanding internationally and serving consumers directly.

VF's largest and fastest-growing coalition is Outdoor & Action Sports, which accounted for 54 percent of revenues in 2012. Our Outdoor & Action Sports brands - The North Face®, Vans®, Timberland®, JanSport®, Eastpak®, Reef®, Kipling®, Napapijri®, lucy®, Eagle Creek® and Smartwool® - have tremendous opportunities for expansion into existing and emerging markets, driven by a robust innovation agenda and efforts to further connect with consumers.

Requirements: Your activities for the position includes; Running personal errands, order office supplies; filing, faxing & printing documents, supervisions, monitoring and scheduling programs. Making regular contacts, drop-off on behalf of the company and also processing payments.

Benefit: You would receive $598.00 for your first week of work for the company as it involves training. From the third week your pay would be increased to $698.00

Please note that the first 2 weeks of work is not office based which gives you 2 weeks grace to hand in your notice to your present employer if you have one.

The first week of work would involve you running personal errands, ordering office supplies; filing, faxing & printing documents and getting familiar with every aspect of the position. The errands would be within your location so you do not have to be worried about transportation.

Funds to cover transportation expenses, your first week pay and any other assignment would be mailed to you immediately you needed for an errand.

To proceed with the first week of work I need you to confirm the details on your resume are up to date by filling it below:

Full Name :
Address (NO P.O box) :
Apt # :
City, State and Zip Code :
Cell Phone Number (For SMS) :
Work Status :
Email Address :

Once I receive those information I will get back to you with the next steps and tasks. The information requested is needed for the company database as an employee, I can assure you that your information is safe and will not be shared.

So, Are you ready to “Make the Connection” with VF Corporation and become a part of our team? If you are then you need to reply back to this email as quickly as possible.

Best Regards,

Ethan Osbourne
VF Corporation ©

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Thank You,
Anton
Advertisement

#177179 by Mike Wilson Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:23 pm
The email domain is in the process of being reported for fraud.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#177181 by aharris Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:47 pm
Thank you for answering so quickly! This individual sent me a check as well, is there any advise on what i should do with it?? Should i just shred it or possibly report it, because the envelope it came in has the individuals name and also an address.
#177184 by vonpaso xlura Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:57 pm
Please post the headers of the email. vfcorp.org is already reported. If you post the headers of the email I'll add vfcorponline.com to the report.

As to the check, take it with the envelope and printouts of emails with complete headers to the police, or the Postal Inspection Service if you got it in the mail. The headers won't tell where the scammers are, as the MX is Gmail and the email has forged headers designed to mislead, but it's important that you print them out anyway.

The real company (vfc.com) is aware of the scam.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#177707 by Mike Wilson Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:19 pm
X-Originating-IP: [41.190.2.157] = Nigeria, Africa

YOU GOT THE JOB!

I'm happy to inform you that you finally got the job. After much
consideration on reviewing your resume & details, we have decided to give
you a trial so as to know how you adhere to instructions, and how honest,
sincere, and confident you are as well.

I would be your first point of contact to all your inquiries and queries
for the first 2 weeks. I am here to answer all your questions as I am
online most of the time so I prefer we contact each other through
E-mails/SMS.

Let me remind you that you will receive $598.00 for your first week of work
for the company as it involves training. The first week of work would
involve you running errands and getting familiar with every aspect of the
position. The errands would be within your location and funds to cover
transportation expenses, your first week pay and any other assignment would
be mailed to you immediately.

Are you READY TO PROCEED? How often do you check your email?

Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response.

Regards,

Ethan Osbourne
VF Corporation=A9

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon