Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#177758 by zacheatiozon Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:27 am
I'd like to share my experience of entering into cyber work. Whereas, I've tried to look for an online job and my cousin sent me this email add: [email protected]. We're both hired by them and now is giving some tasks. Meanwhile, after doing such tasks they've asked our bank account. Lucky for me, I don't have bank account. :D
Is somebody here, help me should this mentioned email involved in a scam?

On the otherhand, please note also this website: http://goo. gl/72s h50 << Disabled MW

The only site where she wants the communication to be in real time...

Thanks,

Zachea
Advertisement

#177760 by TerranceBoyce Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:41 am
Beware of using the disabled link in the post above. It attempts to download an exe file without asking permission first.

It's very impolite to do that and dangerous to download anything from an unknown source

The file (that I shot down in mid-flight) is named "AIM_Install.exe.download" but, from an unknown source, it could be anything.
Last edited by TerranceBoyce on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#177763 by vonpaso xlura Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:11 am
What are the tasks? If they are receiving and forwarding packages, it's a scam. If you were hired without an interview (that means real-time, hearing each other's voice or seeing each other, preferably both), it's a scam.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#177768 by Mumbles Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:34 am
A real business would never have company funds deposited in a personal account. The scammer wants to use your account to cash fake checks or to receive transfers of money for items the scammer is selling online, items that he does not possess. Either way, the bank will hold you responsible. If your cousin continues, the police will come and get him. He will be placed on a list of people that are not allowed to have a bank account. You haven't been "hired", you have been tricked.

“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well ...”

Martin Luther King Jr.
#177885 by CVJ73 Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:09 am
I thought this must be a scam - usualy things to good to be true are in fact that - to good to be true. However, after they contacted me, I sent them my resume. I just want to know what the scam is? Do they not pay you, do they have you mailing something illegal, or do they use your name, address, phone number to do something ilegal in your name? I was contacted by supershipinuk.

If anyone knows anything, please let me know. Thanks!!!!
#177899 by Mumbles Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:41 pm
"after they contacted me"

Who are they? What is the business address and phone number? Why didn't they tell you what the job was before they asked for your resume? There is no shipping company that has products shipped to somebody's house just to have them ship again to some other place. USA companies usually will not ship overseas, because it is difficult or impossible to collect payment. The scammer, perhaps with a stolen credit card number, needs a sucker in USA, to receive packages, and ship them on. The job ends when the police knock on your door.

“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well ...”

Martin Luther King Jr.