Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#257685 by Bryon Williams Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:18 pm
Thank you for the update. It is a scam.
Stop all contact with the scammer.

In the future please do not direct the scammer to Anti Scam Sites.. When you do this they will change their information and people will not find the warning, as you did.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#264348 by ikimmybee Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:05 pm
The same email address has emailed me over at UpWork for an Office Coordinator Position. Good thing I researched her email address as her offer is so great that it seemed too good to be true!

Thank you for this!
:o
#265203 by FW28 Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:27 pm
Hi

Guess what, I received the same email email last week so I responded that I'm interested as well. When she started to mention that she will be mailing me a check it automatically crossed my mind why she is sending me a check before I even do some job for her so I did a research on it and found this post. Today I got the check for $2890 $400 of which she said is my pay and I have to send a money order for the remaining amount to some orphanage. The check is from BB&T bank which I research and appears to be a legit bank as well. Now I will play dumb and tell her I don't have a bank account and I would prefer for her to send me money from western union and see if she buys it.lol

THank you so much for posting this. I could have been a victim if not because of this post.
#265207 by Bertab32 Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:11 pm
I received the same message, and felt it was a scam, but I always like to see how far they go. I have used a couple of ideas to add to my legit services I offer and am getting by. (transcription, video services, etc)

I received a check today from Linda, and replied that my pre-paid service won't cash it and if the did the fees would be double due to the amount, so I asked for Western Union, Moneygram, or Paypal. I also stated I could just return to sender. I have yet to receive a reply.

I work from home after being laid off, and I have had more spammers on the legit freelance sites that I thought possible. So sad that people are being taken advantage of when they are just trying to work. Ugh!!! :roll: Since there was an address listed as to who should get it next, I reached out to them to help avoid further issue.
#265257 by vonpaso xlura Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:39 pm
^ & ^^ Stop playing with scammers who have your real-life information. Do not respond. Ignore all further communication attempts by the scammer. Do not give the scammer any clue that you know he's a scammer. Do not give him any clue that you are still alive.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10