Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#181599 by Jillian Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:24 am
SCAM!

Date: Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Subject: ---1st recruitment---
To: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Sir/Madam,

We are a leading specialized agency in (Global) Customer Service Research.
We are starting a big research project in the USA and this project takes place every month.

We need to recruit 'Mysterysh0pper' individual to work as a surveyor.
No charge to join with us and you will get USD$200 per assignment.

Money order will be a certain amount that you will be required cash at your bank,
reducing your wages and have the rest used for the Evaluations.

Provide the following information if you interested_

Full-Name :
Full-A.d.d.r.e.s.s :
StateCityZip :
A.g.e :
P.h.o.n.e.s :
G.e.n.d.e.r :
Current-Job :

You will have access to training materials after this one complete_

(Head Of Recruiters)

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
Advertisement

#186247 by noscam4me1 Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:10 pm
I get these all of the time. They are very similar to the Nigerian scammers who send counterfeit cashiers checks to unsuspecting people years ago. These scams come in various forms like job offers, lottery payers and people looking for help to release huge funds in foreign banks. The amounts are always too big to be true. They often send emails directly and post these things on craigslist and other web based classifieds.

The best and fastest way to identify the scam is the notifications always have bad spelling and grammar and the email used to send the message is never common and there is always a secondary email address attached to the from part of the sent form. Also the names used are never common American names and or are misspelled. The subject field also is never done in a correct formal method.

These scammers are not fully English literate and never use correct syntax or letter/email formatting. Here is an example of the one I got today and I get them almost every day. Every time they send these they improve the formatting and grammar and this one is the best one I have seen. As a result I also Google what seems to be implied as the name of the company which always comes up nill or if it has been out for a while Google pops up scam links in reference to the name being used:

Oportunity J-O-B

Job Descriptions:
You will be assigned to visit a shop.
You need to "pretend" to be a normal potential customer
who is looking for a particular service or product.
You will then finish an on-line questionnaire to
share with us your customer experience.

Requirements:
19 Years old or above.
Can speak local language well.
Can read and write English.
No experience needed Like Shopping.

Job pay:
You will get $200 for each assignment.
Most of the time you will only need to spend 20 minutes on the visit.

Give me your information for register ;
1. Name :
2. Genders & Ages :
3 Physical A_ddress :
4. Citys / States / Countrys :
5. Zip Codes / Phones :
6. O.c.c.u.p.a.t.i.o.n :
7. Email :

Thank you, Your response would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
The MS Evaluator
2014-2017 MSE All rights reserved

As you can see there are many typographical mistakes and no one ever writes the bottom line they way this one is done. It is actually easy to identify these scams and people need to be more vigilant about sending information to unsolicited emails and unidentified advertisers on online classifieds.
Last edited by Jillian on Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Fixed quote coding
#186266 by Jillian Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:56 pm
Welcome noscam4me1. :D Thank you for posting another example of this scam. You're exactly right about this being the same as the fraudulent check scams. We have information about the different variations in several places on the forum.

It is actually easy to identify these scams

If you're familiar with them, yes, and the tactics and language used (or misused) starts to all look the same. If you're not familiar with them, or not fluent in English, they are harder to spot. I'm glad to hear you can spot them so easily. Please do post the scam emails you receive here on our forum. The listings help other people if they take time to do searches.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#219048 by Frannie Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:26 am
Here is another variation of this Mystery Shopper scam email.
It comes from the email address: [email protected] (Patrick Thompson)

The fact that the name and email addresses don't match, should already let the sirens go off.

Job Descriptions:
1. You will be assigned to visit a shop.
2. You need to "pretend" to be a normal potential customer who is looking for a particular service or product.
3. You will then finish an on-line questionnaire to share with us your customer experience.

Requirements:
1. 18 Years old or above.
2. Can speak local language well.
3. Can read and write English.
4. No experience needed Like Shopping.

Job pay:
1. You will get $200 for each assignment.
2. Most of the time you will only need to spend 20 minutes on the visit.

Give me your information for register ;
1. Name :
2. Physical ADDSS :
3. Citys / States / Countrys :
4. Zip Codes :
5. Phone :
6. Gender :

I will await your prompt response.

Best Wishes and Regards
Manager Recruitment
#219058 by AlanJones Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:16 am
Thank you for posting this - the email address [email protected] will have been phished or spoofed. Can you post the email address that replies are sent to.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#292534 by MahliJane Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:10 am
(no subject)

Inbox
x

alysia.march01 <[email protected]>

Apr 19 (3 days ago)

Requirements:_17 Years old or above.
Can speak local language well.
Can read and write English.
No Experience needed Like Shopping.

JobDescriptions:You Will be Assigned to visit a shop
You Will then finish an on-line questionnaire to Share with us your customer experience.

Please_reply this-email with the correct information below to Sign up;

Name:

Full Address:

City, State,Zip:

Phone:

JobPay: Most of the time you will only need to spend 20 Minutes on the visit. You will get S200 for each.assignment.

As soon As your application has_been accepted for processing, We will Send you details about the next step.