Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#185212 by macmini706 Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:51 am
<div>Hi all,

I think I have done something really stupid.

I had a costa coffee scam email and sent back a silly reply saying using a fictional character etc with a fake address.

They fell for and sent there money to the address (i can see this via the UPS tracking no.).

Now I guess they are going to be annoyed. The problem is im in the UK and replied from my work email address. I didn't realise this was organised crime (I thought it was some guy in an internet cafe).

What is the likelyhood they will track me down for wasting there airmail money and time? I am honestly really worried!

Please advise.
Advertisement

#185213 by Bryon Williams Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:08 am
What you are saying is stealing and scamming.
They fell for and sent there money to the address (i can see this via the UPS tracking no.).

They cans finds you.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#185227 by vonpaso xlura Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:08 am
The check was fake and the shipping paid most likely with a stolen credit card. Please PM the tracking number to a mod so that UPS can get the card canceled without putting you in any further danger.

If you'd like to learn the proper way of using fictional characters to combat scams, see http://forum.419eater.com/.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#185231 by Dotti Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:17 am
For every mule they successfully recruit, there are several they don't--some just disappear; some learn the truth, either before or after receiving the money; some try to cash the check but are caught at that time; others simply don't follow instructions.

They have not invested a lot of time in you, and you haven't walked off with the money. This is the first time you have done it, so they don't have a history with you. The check will ultimately be flagged as undeliverable. In general, in a situation like this, they might send a threatening email or two, but It makes more business sense for them to cut their losses and move on. Pursuing you is a waste of their time and doesn't make business sense. And to most of these criminals, this is nothing more than business.

I wouldn't do it this way again, as playing games with the same gang multiple times may cause them to sit up and take notice--but I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over this one.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#185442 by coinpuppy Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:21 pm
JUST WALK AWAY! There are actually people who do mess with the scammers on purpose (419eater.com ) BUT we are educated and safe! Do NOT EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER do something like that again without knowing how!!!!

They do have your info, BUT the money is NOT REAL....its a fake check or money order not even worth the paper its printed on. They will send you nasty emails and call you if they have a #. Nobody will show up at your door if you let it alone