Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#26578 by mykie_shien Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:45 pm
Welcoming speech

I represent a large international company where I work as a manager of its personnel recruitment department. Our company has been working in different fields, such as:
-property
- bank account operations
- transportation and logistics
- private enterprise service
- etc.

We need a person to fill the vacancy of a regional manager in Europe:
- salary 2.300 pounds + bonus
- 2 - 3 working hours per day
- flexible work time

If you would like to work with us, please provide us the following information: [email protected]
Name:
Surname:
E-mail:
Mobile phone-number:

We are looking for the people who have a right to work in Europe

Please, write your name and Telephone Number so that our manager could contact you and conduct an interview.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EMAILED FROM: SHARRON SHIPMAN <my email address???> WEIRD???
TO: my email add..

SCAM OR NOT??? YOU DECIDE....
Advertisement

#26579 by mykie_shien Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:50 pm
Speech of welcome

I introduce a large multinational enterprise the co-worker of the HR department of which I am. Our company covers a wide range of businesses
- real estate
- accounts opening
- undertaking services
- etc.

We are looking for staff in Europe at the moment:
- wages 2300 pounds+bonus
- 1 - 2 working hours per day
- free timetable

If you have a wish to become a part of our team, please inform us the following: [email protected]
Full name:
City:
E-mail:
Mobile phone-number:

We are looking for the people who have a right to work in Europe

Please, write your name and Telephone Number so that our manager could contact you, ask the necessary questions and answer yours.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SOUNDS FAMILIAR???

EMAILED FROM :RICARDO DUBIOS <my email address???>
TO: my email add..
#26580 by mykie_shien Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:55 pm
DIFFERENCES:

-real estate
- companies setting-up and winding-up
- supporting business in Europe and other countries
- etc.

If our offer is interesting for you send us the below information on our e-mail address: [email protected]

Note! We are searching Europeans only!

Please, write your name and Telephone Number so that our manager could contact you and conduct an interview.
#26581 by mykie_shien Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:59 pm
DIFFERENCES:

Compliments

I introduce a large multinational enterprise the co-worker of the HR department of which I am. Our company takes an active part in the life of its subsidiaries, for example:
- real estate
- accounts opening
- undertaking services
- etc.

We are looking for staff in Europe at the moment:
- salary 2.500 pounds + bonus
- part-time job
- flexible work time

If you are interested in this job send us the necessary information on the following e-mail address: [email protected]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU KNOW THE REST....
SAME OL' EDITED STUFFS..
#26583 by mykie_shien Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:07 pm
DIFFERENCES:

We have vacant positions to be offered for Europeans:
- salary 2.500 pounds + bonus
- part-time employment
- free timetable

If you are ready to work as a regional manager in Europe send us the below information: [email protected]
Name:
Surname:
City:
E-mail:
Telephone Number:
Mobile phone-number:

Attention! We are looking for the people who have a right to work in Europe!

..................BLAH!! BLAH!!!..........

EMAILED FROM : KARINA MEZA < my email address>

I'M GETTING BORED WITH THIS CRAP!!!
#26590 by Jillian Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:15 am
This is a definite scam, thank you for posting. I've also been sent a copy of this email and have passed the information about the domain you are asked to write back to to the fake site killers for investigating. The domain of interwest-uk was just registered today by a person in Russia.

These scammers are faking the "sent from" address with this so that the email you receive appears to have been sent to you from yourself.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#26596 by Saraleighuk Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:21 am
I've had 11 different emails since yesterday afternoon, through the night, all the same apart from a different name for the interwest email.

How do they manage to make it show my email address in the from section? And why do they send these?

So annoying as it's to my main Mac email account which I don't use to sign up to things as with mac you get 5 or 6 email addresses you can set up to that account and delete whenever so I always sign up, even to facebook, with a cover email address. So annoying as can't seem to block the emails either, tried last night quickly but going to look into it properly tonight.

Told my fiancé and he said to email them back to get me taken off their list but I explained it was probably a hoax so didn't.
#26620 by Dotti Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:06 am
You were correct in not replying asking to be removed, as that would only serve to flag your address as active and encourage more spam.

It is pretty easy to spoof the "from" email address with the right tools, and it is usually done to increase the odds that the message will make it past your spam filters. It is generally safe to assume that any sender that spoofs the "from" email address is NOT reputable and will not have an "opt-out" process.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#26694 by silv_o Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:14 am
Hi, I have been hit by this scam and I do not know how to stop it. It is particularly annoying as I have a BlackBerry and every single email from these people shows up. And since I receive between 50 and 100 a day (!) I feel quite stressed about it. Can anyone help me? As it shows up on my BalckBerry that I am the sender myself (!), I am struggeling to block, and in my entourage inbox, it shows as junk, but remains in Inbox.... I don't know how to solve, I have tried blocking sender i.e myself as I don't know who else to block as my own email address is the only one showing up.
Any advice on how to resolve this would be highly appreciated.

(Just as I was typing this, I have received another 10!).....

Cheers,
Silv
#26741 by Jillian Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Hi Silv and welcome.

I can understand that this is frustrating. I made a query to someone who has more knowledge with email spoofing than I do. Here are some of the pieces of information that were told to me, I hope its helpful to you:

There's really nothing the recipient can do to stop their address being spoofed, other than create a filter rule in their email client to reject all emails from their own address. I don't know any mail clients where this wouldn't be possible.

Another step would be to gather phrases that appear in the mails, such as 'regional manager', 'employment opportunity' etc, and add them to the filters.

The attack will stop any day anyway, as the admins get to grips with it. The emails are probably all coming from unwitting mailbot hosts (people who opened attachments they shouldn't have) and the IP addresses of the infected machines or rogue servers are accumulating a spam score all the time. It'll die off.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners