Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#197069 by Bigmammar Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:11 pm
Hello, I am 99% positive this is a scam but I wanted to spread the word and hopefully get some confirmation. I have a ton of information so this will be a long post.
Listed below I am including emails that I have received from the "company" and main contact Michael Carter.

Original Contact: This email was sent to the following addresses other than mine. <Removed possible victim email addresses to protect privacy> MW

Greetings

After viewing your profile on Az works , We believe you are
qualified for this position, and have forwarded your Resume to the
Head of Operation, Mr Michael Carter. He would like to conduct an
on-line interview with you on Friday ,03/28/2014 at 10:00 am EST to
discuss more about the Customer service position that is yet to be occupied.
Set Up a Screen name with yahoo Instant Messenger on-line
at http://www.messenger.yahoo.com and add up the Head of Operation,Mr Michael Carter
to your buddy list. his Screen Name with Yahoo Instant Messenger is:
michaelcarter11119 If the time is not convenient for you, feel free to
email Mr Michael at this Email Address:
[email protected],he will
be waiting to talk to you on yahoo messenger right away

I contacted Mr. Carter through his email and set up a better time for me.
we completed the online interview and walaa I was hired.
Here are some of the questions and statements he made during the interview:

*This is strictly an online and work from home job the working hours are flexible and you can chose to work from anywhere of your choice, the pay is $16 per hour training is $10 per hour and you will be getting payment weekly via check or direct deposit working 30 to 40 hours weekly,if you are employed you are going to be working as a full employee and not an independent contractor.
*Michael Carter: The result for this interview is....You have just been confirmed qualified for this position.You are now offered the job position...you are HIRED!

*Michael Carter: I need you to confirm me with the following: Your full name,full home address,Phone numbers age and email address to enable my secretery enlist them into the Company's Register for proper documentation.

At this point I received an email with a .4 file attachment. My computers are unable to open this file. It's suppose to be my Welcome New hire email.... I have never seen it.
The job duty email is below:
Artilium PLC

Founded in 1995, Artilium quickly established itself as an innovative developer of best-in-class communication platforms. The company’s ARTA Service Delivery Platform sets a new industry standard with its robust, scalable and flexible architecture that allows for the continuous deployment of new and updated mobile services. Currently, ARTA’s open infrastructure facilitates operators and service providers in 11 countries, servicing millions of end-users.

Company Description

Artilium PLC provides a wide range of software solutions. The Company develops applications for Mobile Network Operators (MNOs), Mobile Virtual Network Enablers (MVNEs), Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs), Fixed and alternative operators, hosting providers, systems integrators and managed service providers.

Forward-thinking and client-driven, Artilium strives to diffuse the traditional boundaries between operators and third-party developers by introducing a new value chain that encompasses social media, advertisers, content providers, internet service providers, mobile network operators and software developers. Artilium, publicly listed on AIM at the London Stock Exchange (LSE/AIM: ARTA), has offices in Belgium and the United Kingdom.

JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
compile, sort and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered

Locate and correct data entry errors, or report them to supervisors

Read source documents such as canceled checks, sales report, or bills, and enter data in specific data fields or onto tapes or disks for subsequent data entry using keyboards or scanners

compare data with source documents, or re-enter data in verification format to detect errors

maintain logs of activities and completed work

load machines with required input or output media such as paper, cards, disks, tape or Braille media

Resolve garbled or indecipherable messages, using cryptographic procedures and equipment

select materials needed to complete work assignments

Store completed documents in appropraite locations

Maintains accurate records of all Receivables and Payable's, entering data of online sales, purchase, orders, bookings, number of goods sold, numbers remaining, etc, of customers in the US.Responsible forcompiling amounts owed from purchase orders, charge slips, sales tickets etc

BRIEFING SUMMARY
You will be enlisted for 2 weeks training programme. Find Training programme details below:

*You will have to be online from 9am to 12pm daily for training programmes as you will be given series of tasks during training.

*You will resume work fully after training and your working hours will be 8am - 5pm your time zone.

*Whether or not you have an assignment or task to carry out you will be paid for $16/hr and for 8hrs a day as long as you are online during the stated hours.

*You have to keep strict record of time and activities. A time sheet should be sent in every Friday's days for monitoring (In your own format).

*In carrying out any assignment or task a progress report has to be emailed every Friday to me.

*You are paid every 2weeks.

*There is no start up cost, the training would be administered on line, this is an Internet based position, and the base pay is $10 per hour During training and $16 per hour after training.

*Either party is free to terminate at any time with notice.

*At the end of your training, you will receive a 1099 form at the end of the year as you are listed as an Independent contractor.

*Benefits include: 401k, health and dental, paid vacation and 2 weeks sick leave you will be enrolled for this benefits

after 2months after which you would become a regular employee of company.

WORKING EQUIPMENTS
Equipments will be provided for you by the Company asap. This includes a Hp Laptop/Notebook for mobility and some other software for accuracy, Speed of data processing, Time Monitoring and Effectiveness,(4 in one Zebra ZM 400vvBarcode Printer and Cards,Fax Machine,Scanner,Photocopier Machine, 4Drawer Cabinet and Office Desk).

Details on the Uses and delivery of these equipments would be provided to you ASAP.

You would be Given the Following to start work with after training:
* Staff User Name and Password for Our Website Link ( For easy access to company data and task for each day )

Employment Supervisor

I also received this email titled Job conduct
sent from artiliumplc.com@outlook

* During your training and orientation my supervisor's will reach you via e-mail or phone for your position offer-documents and your working papers. Also they will put you through our company's guild lines under US human Resources Laws and Regulations

* You will Earn $10 per hour,You will receive your pay via Check/Bank deposit weekly, what banking institution do you operate with?

* You will receive your duties online everyday and i will always be online to assist you with any difficulties

* Your Primary duties include: Preparation of Balance sheets (Mini), account balancing, invoicing recording,proper data analysis of sales records and recording pay slips into accounting database

* Secondary duties:Now, your secondary daily duties would be to report to your Supervisor, who would be attached to you online, He/She would assign logs of duty daily and you would be required to work according to instructions, using the Microsoft Office tools and the Accounting software. Now the function of the Accounting software is to arrange, formalize and manage the data you have processed, sent to your supervisor via E-mail.

* You would be eligible to Benefits after 2months of working with company Benefits offered are Health Insurance / Vacations / Bonuses

* This Job offers Flexible hours but you are to report online by 8am daily for duties,task,and assignment...OK?

* You will be fax or email a paper work and a HR document during your orientation and training,you are to fill,sign and send back to us,we take out taxes okay ?

* You will be undergoing a 2 weeks training and orientation which will commence as soon as you have all working materials and you are rest assured that you will be paid for it okay ?

* You will need some Data entry/Accounting software and also a time tracker to commence your training and orientation and also you need the software to get started with work...the work of the time tracker is to calculate your hours worked since this is an online work from home.

* Here are the name's of the software's you will need to start working with are: Intuit QuickBooks Accounting Software,Sage Simply Accounting Accounting Software,Peachtree Complete Accounting Software,AccountEdge Accounting Software for Windows,AccountEdge Accounting Software for Mac,Sage 50 Premium Accounting 2013 (formerly Simply Accounting),Business2Go software,Bookkeeper software,QuickBooks Pro 2012 software,The General Ledger,software,9.5,Bottom Line Accounting software,Balance Sheet Basics software..

* The funds for the software will be provided for you by the company via cheque/bank deposit ..... make sure you use them as instructed for the software and i will refer you to the vendor you are to purchase them from okay

* As soon as cheque has been issued out to you i will notify you and provide you with the tracking number so you can keep track and know when it will get to you okay?

* All we need from you is good work,you will enjoy every moment working with us
This job offer flexible hours but you are to report online by 8am daily for duties,task,and assignment is that understood ?

* Do you have any questions for now ?

I responded that I wanted to receive a paper check!

So the training begins.
Day 1

Get me a price quote on the following home office equipments: 4 in one (fax, scanner,copier and printer), Zebra ZM400 Barcode printer and cards, 4 Hon 4 drawer vertical file cabinet;, thumblatches on drawers; compression backers in drawers; 25D x 52"H and office desk, Hp Laptop with webcam,Intuit QuickBooks Accounting Software,Sage Simply Accounting Accounting Software,Peachtree Complete Accounting Software,AccountEdge Accounting Software for Windows,AccountEdge Accounting Software for Mac,Sage 50 Premium Accounting 2013 (formerly Simply Accounting),Business2Go software,Bookkeeper software,QuickBooks Pro 2012 software,The General Ledger,software,9.5,Bottom Line Accounting software,Balance Sheet Basics software..I need a reasonable pricing, so I can compare with vendors locally.

TIME LIMIT 3HOURS

Day 2
Write an article on customer service relationship management and customer service management strategy..minimum of 2pages

TIME LIMIT 3HOURS

Day 3

I want you to write an article :

How To Enter A New Client
How To Enter A New Debtor
How To Schedule A Letter Contact
How To Schedule A Review Contact
How To Schedule A Phone Contact
Account Matching During Data Entry
How To Group Debtors

When Entering New Accounts.

Minimum of 2pages and time limit 3hours..

Day 4

What Is an Administrative Budget?
How Do I Develop Administrative Assistant Skills?
What Are the Best Tips for Handling Administrative Assistant Duties?
What Is an Administrative Fellowship?
What Does a Councillor Do?
How Do I Choose the Best Administrative Assistant Education?
What Is an Administrative Services Manager?

TIME LIMIT 3HOURS

Day 5

Why is customer service vital to any business?

Minimum of 2pages

TIME LIMIT 3HOURS

Day 6

I need you to write an article on what you understand by Bank Reconciliation and under this topic i also want you to discuss about COMPARING THE BANK STATEMENT TO THE CASH and how to HOW TO DO A BANK RECONCILIATION...minimum of 2pages

3HOURS

Day 7

I want you to write an article on the best manager you ever had, the worst, what qualities did each of them have?..Minimum of 2pages

3hours

Day 8- I did not receive an email on this day. He sent it to me in Yahoo messager, which it turns out to be an assignment I had already completed.
This is our conversation copied from Messager:

Apr 09 8:08 AM
Michael Carter:Write an article on customer service relationship management and customer service management strategy... Minimum of 2pages
Apr 09 8:08 AM
Michael Carter:Time limit 3HOURS
Apr 09 8:09 AM
ME:To be honest Mr. Carter I am concerned this is a scam. Although you haven't asked for my social or my bank acct numbers, I am starting to wonder.
Apr 09 8:09 AM
ME:Over the past week I have received 4 other job offers worded similar to the one I received from you. However, I was able to research the contact names and found evidence of a scam.
Apr 09 8:10 AM
Rebekah Conn:Before I complete my assignment today I would like for you to please tell me more about Artilium and how they are coming to the US.
Apr 09 8:10 AM
Michael Carter:Okay good
Apr 09 8:11 AM
Michael Carter:Artilium Plc is a uk based company, hoping to open an outlet in Arizona
Apr 09 8:12 AM
Michael Carter:So we are looking for professionals that will work effectively from home
Michael Carter:The website is artiliumplc.com
Michael Carter:Feel free to ask any more questions
Apr 09 8:13 AM
ME:I have researched the site. I also emailed them asking to please confirm or deny your employment. Which they have not responded at this time.
Apr 09 8:14 AM
Michael Carter:Okay good, you should get a reply between 2 to 3days
Apr 09 8:14 AM
Michael Carter:Make sure you don't email the investors email as you will not get a reply on any enquiry
Apr 09 8:15 AM
ME:Artilium I believe has a mobile software niche, correct. For a company with knowledge on software I can't understand why the Employment letter can not be changed over to a program I can open it with. I emailed the website Last week.
Apr 09 8:15 AM
Michael Carter:You didn't get your employment letter?
Apr 09 8:16 AM
ME:no, I was given the response that it could not be switched to adobe. and that a .4 file is standard.
Apr 09 8:16 AM
ME:I have downloaded multiple free software and I am still not able to open it.
Apr 09 8:17 AM
Michael Carter:What software having you tried to open with?
Apr 09 8:18 AM
Michael Carter:Its a standard format and can't be opened with adobe
Apr 09 8:19 AM
ME:I can't give you the names because as soon as they do not work I delete them. I have Office and I believe you told me that it should open with Office, it doesn't work
Apr 09 8:19 AM
Michael Carter:When you get your working equipment and software you should be able to open it
Apr 09 8:20 AM
Michael Carter:A microsoft Word Pad will do
Apr 09 8:20 AM
ME:My family needs this job so much and I do not want to jeopardize it in any way so please understand my questions as being concerned.
Apr 09 8:21 AM
Michael Carter:Of course I do
Apr 09 8:21 AM
ME:Can I ask where you are located
Apr 09 8:22 AM
Michael Carter:I'm not aware you are yet to open your employment letter as you are to open it immediately
Michael Carter:Texas
Michael Carter:You will be getting a call from the payroll department before the end of today
Apr 09 8:23 AM
ME:And I have been trying to open it. and thank you that will help with my concerns.
Michael Carter:Try to get a Word Pad
Apr 09 8:24 AM
ME:I will see if I can use someones,
Apr 09 8:24 AM
Michael Carter:Okay Good
Apr 09 8:25 AM
ME:I have XP, like I mentioned yesterday my computer is old.
Michael Carter:You have to understand that an Adobe can't open it if it is sent in an Adobe format
Michael Carter:Okay true

Apr 09 8:33 AM
ME:I should get started. Thank you Mr. Carter for easing my concerns.
Michael Carter:Proceed
Apr 09 8:53 AM
ME:Mr. Carter... I believe I have already completed this assignment, on April 1st
Apr 09 9:04 AM
Michael Carter:The email was sent to you to make sure you take note of all tasks that has been given to you
Michael Carter:Good Job
Apr 09 9:06 AM
ME:Okay, that's good.
Apr 09 9:09 AM
ME:Will there be an additional task for today>
Apr 09 9:20 AM
Michael Carter:No
Michael Carter:It was a test task and you passed it
Michael Carter:You are to stay online till 12pm your time
ME:Sounds great. Thank you. No problem I can do that

After I received this mornings assignment I searched online and found your site had a post with the same wording for the task. I decided to call him out a little more. I stated that i would not be completely any further tasks until i received something in the MAIL confirming who he was, the job offer, and an official employment letter.
Thank you
Bigmammar
Advertisement

#197071 by AlanJones Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:23 pm
It's a scam - legitimate companies do not conduct interviews via Yahoo Instant Messenger.

The cheque they are going to send you will be fake and will eventually be discovered as such and the money taken debited from your account - leaving you down the money you sent to the fake software seller.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#197079 by AlanJones Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:32 pm
If a cheque turns up, just shred it and you've got nothing to worry about.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#296675 by SoftballPrincess212 Mon May 30, 2016 8:47 pm
I just got scammed by these same people (I didn't know it was a scam until the end of the interview when I was looking up the software). Much of the same, except they texted me first saying they found my information on an internship site I had signed up for a little while ago and they used Google Hangouts instead of Yahoo. I was lured in with the promise of $24 an hour after training, and I was suspicious of it, but they never asked for my account information or SSN, so I kept going along with it. Thankfully, I found this post before anything happened. I just wanted to comment to let people know that this scam is still an issue unfortunately :P
Today's date: 5/30/2016
#310883 by daijoh6239 Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:13 pm
Same thing, same tasks, just got the check, reporting it to the bank. I looked up the company and thought it was legit because of their website and having supposedly been established for 20 years. Man, they are getting good. I still felt like it was a scam but i rolled with it for a little bit.

I got these two emails within two days

Greetings

After viewing your profile on AZ JOB CONNECTS, We feel you may be a
good candidate for a position within our company, and hereby invites
you for an on-line interview on MONDAY 24th OCTOBER 10/24/2016, at 9am
Your time with Mr James Rayne of the human resource department. I
encourage you to read more about the position details below.

Job Title: Administrative Executive/Administrative Assistant/ Data
Entry/ Receptionist/Customer Service

Organization:REDMAP

You are required to set up a Google Hangout account, after this
process, you are to add the Hiring Manager Mr James Rayne on your
Google Hangout, his email address is : [email protected] add him
to your Google Hangout buddy list ASAP for the job briefing and
comprehensive details. he will be online waiting to respond.
he will be waiting to talk to you right away. Endeavour to get on-line ASAP.

I Wish you best of Luck in the interview.

NOTE: If the time is not convenient for you, feel free to email Mr
James Rayne at this Email address: [email protected]

Greetings

After viewing your profile on AZ JOB CONNECTS, We feel you may be a
good candidate for a position within our company, and hereby invites
you for an on-line interview on WEDNESSDAY 26th OCTOBER 10/26/2016, at 9am
Your time with Mrs Appolonia Miller of the human resource department. I
encourage you to read more about the position details below.

Job Title: Administrative Executive/Administrative Assistant/ Data
Entry/ Receptionist/Customer Service

Organization:REDMAP

You are required to set up a Google Hangout account, after this
process, you are to add the Hiring Manager Mrs Appolonia Miller on your
Google Hangout, her email address is : [email protected] add her
to your Google Hangout buddy list ASAP for the job briefing and
comprehensive details. she will be online waiting to respond.
she will be waiting to talk to you right away. Endeavour to get on-line ASAP.

I Wish you best of Luck in the interview.

NOTE: If the time is not convenient for you, feel free to email Mrs
Appolonia Miller at this Email address: [email protected]
#313480 by Dlegranvil Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:30 am
Totally scam, please read below carefully what happend to me during my interview with James rayne.

hello good morning
good morning
I am ready whenever you are sir.
james rayne
how was your night and how ready are you for the interview process??
I had a wonderful night and I am more than ready for the interview process.
I have my webcam ready as well.
james rayne
okay good please can i have your preferred email address so i can email the job details to you before we proceed?
this is a chat interview
[email protected]
james rayne
Job details has been sent to your email refresh your inbox and spam folder to have it read it and let me know when done
ok
Ready
james rayne
I have few questions for you, and how you answer them is very important, Okay?
okay
james rayne
Why do you think we should employ you?
I believe that I am the best candidate for this position because of my extensive customer service and management experience and my ability to adapt to any situation. I have a passion for success and goal oriented demeanor that would push me to accomplish my set tasks.
james rayne
Tell me about your last position?
In my last position, I was responsible for coordinating the paperwork that documented our team’s process time for each new product (computer hard). That meant ensuring everything was filed correctly and on time, and also following up with team members to check their documented work times in case they forgot to sign out of a job. The detail-oriented work was a good fit for me to gained more experience towards my career.
james rayne
How well do you work under pressure?
Based on my past experienced, I work well under pressure. But I believe that by simply reacting to a situation, you are creating the pressure. Instead of reacting to a problem, I will review the facts at a heightened pace and respond to the situation with a solution all while keeping a clear head. Last but not least, I believe that proper planning and good time management will greatly reduce any alarming deadlines.
james rayne
What do you understand by privacy and code of conduct in business?
Privacy is the right of an individual or a company to have their personal data safeguarded from agencies or individuals outside of those that legitimately hold your data. Code of conduct is a document that a company deploys and expects employees/users to follow.
james rayne
Rate your self on a scale of 1 to 5 base on the following : Typing speed, spelling accuracy, mathematical accuracy, statistical accuracy?
Typing speed: 4
spelling accuracy: 4.5
mathematical accuracy: 4
james rayne
Will you be able to dedicate 3 hours of your time to this job position, Monday through Fridays?
I will dedicate more than 8 hours of my time to this job position.
james rayne
Hold on online while I forward your interview answers to the board of directors for employment consideration, okay?
okay
one last thing
statistical accuracy: 4.5
james rayne
The result for this interview is....You have just been confirmed qualified for this position.You are now offered the job position...you are HIRED!You are now given a chance to show your zeal, commitment, charisma, diligence and be a productive employee.
okay now i want you to confirm your full name, physical home address, phone number and email address so an employee profile can be created on your behalf
wowww
Thank you very much sir
can you please share the name of the company and a phone number for them.
james rayne
company is HIH insurance
the details you seek will be in the employment letter and i am also working from home in the state and also we meet with our employees every last friday of the month so they can be able to meet with other employees and get to ask questions
Can you please share the company contact number?
james rayne
+61 (0)2 9338 2600
anymore information you seek?
Can i call you?
I want to make sure that I am speaking with the real person
james rayne
oh okay well its fine but im not in position to call out but admin will surely give you a call before the end of tomorrow to confirm you gave us the right details and we also need to confirm you are also really real and committed
I am real
but i'm not sure you are
can i have a number to call you.
james rayne
let's do a video chat
before i gave out my information, i want to make sure this is completely safe.
Message not delivered.
I cannot risk giving out my information and have problem later.
Message not delivered.
oh, i see you blocked me now.
Message not delivered.
Scammers
Message not delivered.