Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#203671 by kmac73 Fri May 30, 2014 1:38 am
I applied for a job on Craigslist where I can test apps if I have an Android phone. They pay $10 per app. It would cost me $25 to set up Google Developer acount but supposedly they will refund. I can find no info online but I am a bit suspicious...especially after receiving email on setting up Google Developer.

The name of the company/website is "newapptester.com"

---- Original message --------
Date:05/29/2014 2:05 AM (GMT-06:00) 
To: removed by dotti
Subject: Android App Tester - removed by dotti

Hi. I'm Rob with NewAppTester.com. I've been assigned as your correspondent to help get you started as an Android app tester. If you have any questions, just ask. I'll do my best to assist you in any way possible. We are based out of Knoxville but we have a team of developers from around the world. Our main objective is to provide constructive criticism and suggestions to our developers in order to create Android apps that are appealing, fun and user friendly. The mobile apps you will be testing are in the final stage of development. During this phase these apps are free for our testers. After testing is complete they will be listed as paid apps to the general public. However, as a paid tester you will be able to keep and continue to use any apps that you have tested without any cost for as long as you like.

What kind of apps would you like to test? We currently have free apps in these categories: Games, Health & Fitness, Photo & Video, Productivity, Learning, Reading and Cooking.
What is your PayPal email address if you already have one? We'll need it to send you your payments but please, just the email, not your password (yeah someone actually sent that to us once).
If not please go set one up at http://www.paypal.com. 

The next step is that you'll need to make a Google Play Developer Account that we will transfer apps to for you to test. I will explain the specific way we need you to set it up in the next email so please do not make one until you hear back from me. Google does charge a one-time fee of $25 for this account but we will send that back to you (via PayPal) after the account is approved by Google.

However, first things first.. Please get back to me with the answers to the questions above, then we can get you in the system and we can go from there.

Best Regards,
Rob

"I responded & gave my paypal email address as I already have one." He responded back with the following":

Okay great. We now have you entered into the system. What you'll need to do now is purchase a Google Play Developer Console account. This does cost a one-time fee of $25 and you will need to use your credit or debit card to purchase it. We will pay $25 to your PayPal account once your account has been approved by Google. This is not a hard process but there are a few steps that need to be followed exactly. Please ensure you have about 10 minutes to complete this part of the process. If you have any questions or problems, email me back and I'll do my best to help.

Step 1.
YOU NEED TO CREATE A NEW GMAIL ACCOUNT FOR THIS, so;
---
Go to https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?service=mail&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2F&ltmpl=default

Please enter your real Name, Date of Birth, Gender and your Mobile Phone number in the fields where it asks for them

Where it says 'Choose a username', please use this as your username:[email protected]

Where it says 'Create a password' and 'Confirm your password' please enter a password that you will remember

Where it says 'Your current email address', enter in your regular email address

Check the box under where it says 'Prove you're not a robot'

Check the box that says 'I agree to the Google Terms of Service and Privacy Policy'

Click 'NEXT STEP'
---
You will be taken to a page where is says 'Verify your account'

Enter your phone number and choose if you want to get a voice call or SMS message from Google with your verification code

Click 'Continue'
---
Enter your verification code and click 'Continue'
---
Click 'NEXT STEP'
---
Click 'Continue to Gmail'

Step 2.
You will now need to create a Google Wallet for this Gmail account. It will ask you to enter your credit or debit card number and link it to your account. Once you have purchased the Google Play Developer Console account I will show you how to completely remove it from your account.

Go to https://wallet.google.com/manage/

Sign into your Gmail account through that page

Enter your Name and ZIP Code in the top fields

Check the box next to 'Add payment method later'

Check the box next to 'Send me Google Wallet special offers, etc.'

Click 'Accept and create'
---
Click 'Payment methods' on the left side of the page

Enter you credit or debit card information on this page

Click 'Save'
---
Look at the top-right portion of your screen and click the 'Settings' button (it's a little cog-wheel icon beside the 'Help' button)

Where it says 'Verify identity' click the 'Verify' button

Enter the information it asks for on this page then click 'Verify your identity'

Step 3.
Now that you’re Google Wallet has been set up it's time to actually buy the Google Play Developer Console account;

Go to https://play.google.com/apps/publish/signup/

Check the box next to 'I agree and I am willing to associate my account registration with the Google Play Developer distribution agreement.'

Click 'Continue to payment'
---
Where is says 'pay with:’ select your credit or debit card you added to your Google Wallet account

Click 'Buy'
---
Where it says 'Developer name' enter: BB2Day

Where it says 'Email address', enter:[email protected]

Where it says 'Website' leave it blank

Where it says 'Phone number' enter your phone number

Un-Check the box next to 'I'd like to get occasional emails about development and Google Play opportunities

Click 'Complete Registration'
---
You should see something at the top of the page that says 'Your payment is still processing, which will take up to 48 hours'

Now you need to wait until your Google Play Developer Console account gets approved by Google. Check the emails in the Gmail account periodically because they will email you once it gets approved.

If you do not see an approval email from Google within 48 hours, log back into https://wallet.google.com/manage/ and check the 'Transaction' tab
- If it still says 'Pending' then it is still being processed
- If it says 'Completed' then it has been approved
- If it says 'Canceled', read below;

Often times Google will want you to prove your identity by scanning a utility bill and a photo ID
If this happens they normally send you an email like 'Important information regarding your Google Wallet Account'
If this happens just follow their instructions in their email to finish verifying who you are

Go to https://wallet.google.com/manage/

Click 'Payment methods' on the left side of the page

Click the 'Remove' tab next to the image of the credit card

Click 'Yes, remove it'

Email me back once everything is complete so we can get you started testing apps.

Best Regards,
Rob
Advertisement

#203710 by vonpaso xlura Fri May 30, 2014 6:10 am
[whois.godaddy.com]
Domain Name: NEWAPPTESTER.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1842421038_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Update Date: 2014-02-02 11:54:51
Creation Date: 2014-01-11 14:48:40
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-01-11 14:48:40 Registered for only one year.
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.480-624-2505
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: jim dawson
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: po box 422
Registrant City: louisville
Registrant State/Province: KY
Registrant Postal Code: 40222
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Phone: +0.15024239465 Invalid number.
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

I'm not sure what the scam is, but the registration of the domain is suspicious. Could you post the headers of the email? They may show us where the sender really is.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#203712 by HannahsDad Fri May 30, 2014 8:25 am
This is a nice way for you to earn extra money while helping us test our new mobile apps

1 No indication who the developer is, or the kind of app. You need different tester audiences for different types of apps.

2 No updates to the site since the original invitation

3 Would a company risk letting potential competitors view their pipeline products in advance of launch?

4 Software testing is a disciplined, structured and technical job. No sensible developer would allow their product near a user until they were pretty confident it was unbreakable - so why would they need (untrained) user testers to have developer tools?

5 Somewhere along the line an irrecoverable payment is going to be made to an untraceable payee! Bye bye dosh

#203714 by Mike Wilson Fri May 30, 2014 8:46 am
I would stay far away from this one. There is no valid reason for a company to choose your gmail account name for you.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#203716 by Dotti Fri May 30, 2014 9:03 am
A quick search of the email address linked to the site registration shows connections to other bogus moneymaking schemes, and bragging about money he was claiming to make via illegal spamming campaigns.

http://thebot.net/make-money/87968-3000-a-week-emailing-it-can-be-done/

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#203718 by Terminator5 Fri May 30, 2014 10:24 am
Website Registrant Claimed Address googles up a Lawn Maintenance Company in Louisville KY .

http://www.citysearch.com/profile/36973 ... _more.html

Definate Scam with all the various red flags and no contact details on the page.

Daniel 8 :25
#203720 by kmac73 Fri May 30, 2014 10:52 am
Mike Wilson wrote:I would stay far away from this one. There is no valid reason for a company to choose your gmail account name for you.

I thought that part was very strange Mike. No that is not an email address affiliated to me. So I was like huh??
#216603 by Mike Wilson Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:09 am
They are hiding behind a gmail account.

Delivered-To: <removed>
Received: by 10.76.174.8 with SMTP id bo8csp191171oac;
Wed, 27 Aug 2014 21:54:32 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 10.112.114.227 as permitted sender) client-ip=10.112.114.227
Authentication-Results: mr.google.com;
spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 10.112.114.227 as permitted sender) [email protected];
dkim=pass [email protected]
X-Received: from mr.google.com ([10.112.114.227])
by 10.112.114.227 with SMTP id jj3mr663484lbb.39.1409201671913 (num_hops = 1);
Wed, 27 Aug 2014 21:54:31 -0700 (PDT)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=gmail.com; s=20120113;
h=mime-version:sender:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;
bh=Qjc1HBVs5vd4pl55dbNqtr79B+ZoKaji0g1Ygg9GCY8=;
b=KR/4q7uYjD0grhVMYkAtpIGNkQmp/+CJvRaC1DHgY7vyNtBlf/TzQEUOLvKrnid/Pw
9VMPHivZd97m5Ur/ijlg/41sf5sZmMnXpBM0+xGGdgQL11E+uG4WUTlsyVbLbe+Yk1sD
rbfgfVIfW/qIgT9P6Bxmgx1aHhk6hHJYXg7kuww/+Avcu6LtT2npTWlF6u1ChJ6cb9eF
KJ0JqM77KJy096k0xS0xOvt1X7XwaJo7dInCSFHRiDD5cActmZHgubV2f7UDtThbPBqc
LzCJSWWXSLgJOq7YTix/fq9B4tqY6M/j5jA3IIXc4PGAu9fRAG4lKtvF8W45Een6wzGl
OGiQ==
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Received: by 10.112.114.227 with SMTP id jj3mr1316651lbb.39.1409201671266;
Wed, 27 Aug 2014 21:54:31 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: [email protected]
Received: by 10.114.175.162 with HTTP; Wed, 27 Aug 2014 21:54:31 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 23:54:31 -0500
X-Google-Sender-Auth: JcSHHg7BMjvwOiCh4AgUiuGwdL0
Message-ID: <CAA=HOoa827t2FxeyLC05YO8DCgWdh+8EL+QyuvR8mmTnb56HsQ@mail.gmail.com>
Subject: Android App Tester
To: <removed>
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=001a1135ed580867500501a9550d
Bcc: <removed>

--001a1135ed580867500501a9550d
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

Hi. I'm Rob with NewAppTester.com. I've been assigned as your correspondent to help get you started as an Android app tester. First and foremost I want to apologize for the delay in us getting back to you. We have been doing some restructuring of our company and have had all operations paused for the past month and a half.

If you have any questions, just ask. I'll do my best to assist you in any way possible. We are based out of Tennessee but we have a team of developers from around the world. Our main objective is to provide constructive criticism and suggestions to our developers in order to create Android apps that are appealing, fun and user friendly. The mobile apps you will be testing are in the final stage of development. During this phase these apps are free for our testers. After testing is complete they will be listed as paid apps to the general public. However, as a paid tester you will be able to keep and continue to use any apps that you have tested without any cost for as long as you like.

What kind of apps would you like to test? We currently have free apps in these categories: Games, Health & Fitness, Photo & Video, Productivity, Learning, Reading and Cooking.
What is your PayPal email address if you already have one? We'll need it to send you your payments but please, just the email, not your password (yeah someone actually sent that to us once).
If not please go set one up at http://www.paypal.com.

You will need to make a Google Play Developer Account that we will transfer apps to for you to test. I will explain the specific way we need you to set it up in the next email so please DO NOT make one until you hear back from me. Google does charge a one-time fee of $25 for this account but we will send that back to you (via PayPal) after the account is approved by Google.

Please get back to me with the answers to the questions above, then we can get you in the system and we can go from there. However this email has been sent in mass to many different interested parties so please do not reply to this specific email. Send me a new email (not a reply) to [email protected] with your full name as the subject and then include the answers to the questions in the email body.

Best Regards,
Rob

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#229235 by WayOfJuice Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:44 am
I came accross the same add on craigslist montreal but the guy who claim to be named Anthony Rivers actually transfered 35$ to open the developers account to my paypal account. I received the payment but since it's the first time paypal is freezing the money for 21 days so I can't open the account except by paying with my own money. They don't wan't to wait for 21 days for me to open the account, wich seems understandable but what keeps them from taking my refund and then asking paypal to cancel the transfer. I admit I'll have to get in touch with paypal's custommer service and set up my account properly. I don't understand the scam...

I'll wait 21 days to see what he does.

Here are my e-mails:
Xxxxxxx,

We still have not heard back from you. If we do not receive confirmation that you signed up per the instructions we sent, I will need you to refund our PayPal payment to you as we did send you funds for the services you agreed to perform.

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Anthony Rivers <[email protected]> wrote:
Xxxxxxxxx - Is there any update?

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 11:03 AM, Removed (BW) wrote:
I received the payment but I can't access it before 21 days because my account (paypal) is new I'm trying to speed things up by adding my bank account. If all else fail I will contact paypal to have your money refunded, sorry...

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 10:17 AM, Anthony Rivers <[email protected]> wrote:
Xxxxxxxxx,

Please confirm you received our PayPal payment and let us know the status of the Google developer account. We have your first app ready to go.

Thanks

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 6:01 PM, Anthony Rivers <[email protected]> wrote:
Ok, our PayPal administrator sent over the $35. Now, make sure you're logged out of any personal Google accounts and then log into the [email protected] account you created and go here:

https://play.google.com/apps/publish/

Check the 'I agree' box and then click ‘Continue to payment’ to go to the payment page. Enter your payment information and proceed to the final page and submit your order. When asked to choose a developer name, enter your own name and phone number. Once your order is submitted, Google will take up to 48 hours to approve it.

We will monitor the Google account for approval. Once it’s approved, we turn it over to one of our developers who will compile and upload the apps you will be testing and we’ll send you your first app to test. Please let us know when this step is complete. Thanks again for your interest and please let me know if you have any questions so far.

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 2:09 PM, Removed (BW)

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 12:16 PM, Anthony Rivers <[email protected]> wrote:
What is your PayPal email address?

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 11:58 AM, Removed (BW) wrote:
this evening im working right now

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 11:30 AM, Anthony Rivers < [email protected] > wrote:
Xxxxxxxx,

We've returned and are getting ready to send over the funds to you via PayPal. Are you available today to sign up for the Google account and pay the $25 fee? It will only take a minute. Let me know when you'll be available ASAP and I'll send over the funds.

Thanks

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 8:02 PM, Anthony Rivers <[email protected]> wrote:
Great! I'm on the way to a conference for a couple days and when I return I'll send over the PayPal funds with instructions on opening the developer account. We will be in touch soon. Thanks

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 4:29 PM, Removed (BW) wrote:
Sorry for the delay I sent you an e-mail from the new account but I made a typo copying the address, so this is to let you know that I opened the [email protected] account and I'm ready to proceed, if you still have work.

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 7:02 PM, Anthony Rivers <[email protected]> wrote:
Ok great, here are the few quick steps to applying. First, you will need to create a new free Google account. This account will be the one you use to apply as a Google Developer. Once the application is approved, this account will be turned over to one of our app developers who will use it to upload apps for you to test. Make sure you're signed out of any Google account you had been signed into and go to this link:

https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?cont ... m%2F&hl=en

At the account creation screen, type in your name and then use TestBug49001 for the username and temp49001 for the password. It is not necessary to link your phone number or an alternate email address. Once you create the account, send me an email letting me know it's complete along with your PayPal email address and I will send over the $35 via PayPal and instructions for you to sign into that new Google account and pay for the $25 Developer fee.

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 12:00 PM, Removed (BW) wrote:
Dear mr. Rivers, I am ready to proceed so please let me know when you made the 35$ payment on the paypal attached to this e-mail account and the details of the developers account you want me to setup.

Thanks and have a great day.

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 11:02 AM, Anthony Rivers <[email protected]> wrote:
Jude,

Thanks for your interest in the application testing position. The developers we work with need testers for a variety of apps. We send you the apps through email and you submit your reviews securely through our website. You will be compensated for each app you test through PayPal.

To get started, you'll need to apply as a Google developer. We start by sending you an up front $35 PayPal payment to cover the cost of the application. You'll apply for the developer account through Google using a new account you create with our instructions. Google charges a one-time $25 application fee to your card, but our up front $35 PayPal payment covers that fee plus an additional payment for testing the first app. To pay Google for their one-time registration fee, you need to use your credit or debit card. Once you apply, Google takes up to 48 hours to approve the account. Once the account is approved, your billing information will be deleted and the account will be used by one of our developers to upload apps for you to test. We will monitor the account for approval and send you the first app to test once the account is approved.

Please let me know at your earliest convenience if this is something you're still interested in and we will get the ball rolling.

Thanks and I look forward to talking to you soon,

--
Anthony Rivers
Account Manager
[email protected]
http://www.TestNewApps.com

What do you guys think?
#229241 by vonpaso xlura Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:59 am
whois wrote:[whois.schlund.info]
Domain Name: testnewapps.com
Registry Domain ID:
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.1und1.info
Registrar URL: http://1and1.com
Updated Date: 2013-12-24 00:00:00
Creation Date: 2013-12-23 00:00:00
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2014-12-23 00:00:00
Registrar: 1&1 Internet AG
Registrar IANA ID: 83
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone:
Reseller:
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Oneandone Private Registration
Registrant Organization: 1&1 Internet Inc. - www.1and1.com
Registrant Street: 701 Lee Road Suite 300
Registrant City: Chesterbrook
Registrant State/Province: PA
Registrant Postal Code: 19087
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.8772064254
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Name Server: ns-us.1and1-dns.com
Name Server: ns-us.1and1-dns.us
Name Server: ns-us.1and1-dns.de
Name Server: ns-us.1and1-dns.org

testnewapps.com wrote:Copyright © 2011-2014 All Rights Reserved.

Stop all communication with them. Don't tell them you're stopping communication; just stop. Tell PayPal that you suspect that the transfer is fraudulent.

There is no clue in whois or on the website where they are located, and the site claims copyright two years before the domain was registered.

21 days from now is the expiration date of the domain.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#265217 by liquidyoda Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:27 pm
Mod Note: Please follow the advice by our support staff posted above this poster. (BW)

I know this is an old thread but just wanted to say that I signed up with NewAppTester.com and they never scammed me. I paid the $25 developer fee to Google and they paid me back for it as soon as my account was set up. They also have paid me for about 30 app tests (which are basically reviews of the apps they send me) so I've made about $300 over the past few months.

I searched all over the web to see if I could find any sites with claims that they had actually scammed anyone before I signed up. The only site I found was this one and really there is no one here claiming they have been scammed by them. So yeah I figured I would come back and share my experience with you all anyways.
#265218 by Bryon Williams Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:43 pm
^^^^^The above poster may be working with the fraud or confused.

Please follow the advice posted earlier by our support staff.

Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 146
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
Name Server: NS1195.WEBSITEWELCOME.COM
Name Server: NS1196.WEBSITEWELCOME.COM
Status: clientDeleteProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Status: clientRenewProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Status: clientUpdateProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Updated Date: 16-jan-2015
Creation Date: 11-jan-2014
Expiration Date: 11-jan-2016

>>> Last update of whois database: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 21:33:43 GMT <<<

Queried whois.godaddy.com with "NewAppTester.com"...

Registry Domain ID: 1842421038_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Update Date: 2015-01-16T11:02:58Z
Creation Date: 2014-01-11T19:48:40Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-01-11T19:48:40Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4806242505
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: jim dawson
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: po box 422
Registrant City: louisville
Registrant State/Province: KY
Registrant Postal Code: 40222
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Phone: +0.15024239465
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/