Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#213500 by Mal Herbert Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:07 pm
Australia based, the "director" of Transcription Services Online, by the name of Catherine Law. She has advertised on Gumtree for transcription typists, seems to be legit as she has genuine government departments as clients, but does not pay for services rendered. She has very recently deleted all her ads on Gumtree. She is the subject of a pending court action by a group of ladies who have not been paid. She owes thousands. Has also had a business called Overnight Typing but that is now listed by ASIC as being deregistered. Do not do any work for this woman, unless you like to work for free.
Advertisement

#264275 by sally34 Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:29 am
Hi Mal

I know you posted this a long time ago now but I've just found it today. I used to work for Cathy when she was overnighttyping and samedaytyping. She owes me a huge amount of money - thousands of dollars. I took out debt collection on her but it was shortly after that that she changed her business name to transcriptionservicesonline (which I see has now disappeared) and she kept changing her phone number meaning the collection agency just couldn't get anywhere with her. I see you mention a group of people have taken legal action against her. I'd be interested in hearing more about this and what their outcome was if possible.
Thanks - and thanks for making it public about her. Sally
#264288 by Tim Atem Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:27 am
I'm not sure if this type of scam would be considered Advanced Fee which is what we cover here. Is she just not paying her employees?

You mentioned she has "legitimate government agencies as clients". Could you post more information, I'd like to know more about that. The fact that someone handling government clients would be advertising on Gumtree for employees, to me, is a red flag. Can you post some of your emails (with your personal information removed) and we'd be happy to take a look.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#265434 by sally34 Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:41 am
Hi Tim, sorry for the slow reply but I didn't get an email notification of your reply to us and only just thought to check the website now for any replies. That's right, she's not paying her employees. I stopped working for her three years ago now when I was owed a lot of money by her and some of her other employees contacted me with their story which was just the same as mine. She started off paying but then the payments became erratic and finally nonexistent with every story and excuse in the world as to why she couldn't pay. I still have all my old invoices and communication from the debt collection company I hired (unsuccessfully). I can't find any specifics about government agencies but do remember typing some work from them - I do have details of other people she used to send work for though. What sort of emails were you wanting to see?
Sally
#265453 by Tim Atem Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:46 am
Ah, ok. So this isn't an advanced fee fraud - she's just not paying her employees. Got it.

That's typically not what we deal with here. What we deal with is the internet scams that are called 419/Nigerian/Advanced Fee Fraud where the employments scams involved hiring people to be mules or reshippers in these scams.

Have you contacted your country's Department of Labor? I'm not too familiar with the agencies in Australia (sorry - I'm in the US) but in most countries if you are employed with a company (not a contract employee) your department of labor will go after the employer,

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5