Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#213566 by Licia Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:08 am
Hi folk!

In these days I received some e-mails from alleged luxury hotels based in London. One of them send me this interview form:

DUKES LONDON HOTEL
St James's Place, London, SW1A 1NY
Close to Green Park.
Tell +44 (7) 0359 01319

Dear Applicant,

I will like to inform you That we received your job application
for a job placement here at Dukes Hotel London. After Going Through
your CV, the management has Considered hiring you for your service.
Below Are some questions we would like answers to you. Please kindly
Carefully read the questions and Provide us with your honest answers.

1 - What is your full name?
.....................................................................................................................

2 - Why do you want to work in Hotels?
.....................................................................................................................

3 - Why do you want to work here? Why Should we hire you over The Others
waiting to be Interviewed?

4 - What are the things you like most?
.............................. .............................. .............................. ...........................

5 - What can you than for us That Others Can not?

6 - Can you work well under deadlines or pressure?

7 - What are three positive things your boss would say about you Last?

8 - Will You be Able to be patient With The Customer When They are insulting you?

9 - What's your Nationality?

10 - Your Personal Phone Number

11 - What is your greatest strength? Why did you leave your last Job?

12 - What three specific job positions do you target from this company?

13 - What salary are you seeking?

14 - What do u mean by the words 'Service'?

15 - Give Three Reasons Why you want to work in United Kingdom?

16 - Do you Currently Have Visa and Work Permit?

17 - Are you willing to relocate to the United Kingdom to your duty to
soon as possible?

18 - Male or Female

19 - Your Personal Phone Number

20 - How old are you?

21 - Will You Comply With The company laid down Rules and Regulations?

22-Which website did you find our vacancy

23 - The CV you sent, Are They for you, and best describes you?

We are expecting the answers to questions As Soon As Possible to These
enable us Carry Out weitere examination. As soon as we Receive your
answers we will furnish you information More With The Regard your job
Application.
Quick Reply

The other e-mails are similar to this one. They ask me to send them my CV through http://www.jobofmine.com and send me an e-mail where they list all the jobs they're offering. I sent my CV and they sent me a form, which is similar to the one you read above.

The email address is: [email protected].

I think this is a scam and I'd like to have a confirmation from someone who is more expert about this topic. I hope my post will be helpful for other users.
Last edited by Licia on Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Licia
Advertisement

#213567 by AlanJones Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:21 am
It is a scam. Legitimate businesses do not use live.com email addrsses and +4470 redirect telephone numbers.

No one outside the UK/EU would be offered a unskilled job in the UK - they would never get a visa.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#222108 by Titi Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:49 am
Hello Licia:

Let me tell you that we received the same "Agreement Letter" from Dukes Hotel London. One of us were hired as a Marketing Assistant and the other as Front Desk Agent. We saw the job offer on www.aptitus.com, a job searching webpage from Peru.
Thankfully, we live together but we "applied" separately. One of the contratcs was signed by Tom Basil (Human Resources Manager) and on the other contract signed Diego Cafieri (Human Resources Manager)
too.
We signed and the next day we received the complete information from the UK Border Agency, this is the "information":

UK Border Agency Ltd
Visa / Permits Services Directorate
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon - CR9 2BY
London, United Kingdom
+447 (0) 1110 8410
E-mail: [email protected]
Jerkins Albert
TEL: +447 (0) 1110 8410

They had told us that we should send the agreement letter to the email of UK Border Agency. When one of us sent it, we received a very quick response (and very messy) email, attaching a Word Document indicating the payments By Money Gram to the "Accounting Officer of the UK Boarder Agency".

We got really surprised because of the quick and ordinary way to proceed, so we started to verify information such as e-mails and phone numbers, until we found it was a fraud. Also, the signatures from Tom Basil and Diego Cafieri were the same.

Not even an interview, supporting documentation were required.

To whoever read this message, please be VERY careful before sending any personal information about yourself and verify and compare as well.
#223927 by Nessihr Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:00 am
Good day. Please ask for information if anyone knows,. I read your comments to the subject of Dukes hotel and I also received employment letter and I should start working 15.11. They told me that they are paying for all expenses, except work permit, which I have to pay here, and they refund my money when I get there. How to check if that all is true or not? Please let me know if anyone knows.
#223934 by AlanJones Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:16 am
As I stated in my previous post, it is definitely a scam. There is no job, all they are interested in is stealing the money that they charge you for the non-existent work permit.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.