Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#217771 by brokebutnotstupid Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:05 am
This is not a real company. Just thought everyone should know.

The website they've created only looks legitimate but once you read it, none of the copy makes sense. Beware of this one.

Just in case you want to see how fun talking to a scammer is, here's a transcript of my private message conversation with the scammer (whose chatting under the guise of "Mrs. Martha Evans" at [email protected])... little does "Martha" know that I'm looking to get out of the paper supply business and move to Texas with my husband Jim... :lol: :

hrdesk09:‎ Hello how are you doing today [name]?
Me:‎ I am well. How are you?
hrdesk09:‎ Good and thanks for asking and i do believe you are set and ready for your job briefing and interview now ?
Me:‎ No, I am not. We did not agree to an interview time.
hrdesk09:‎ I see so what time do you wish to have your interview ?
Me:‎ What is the position?
hrdesk09:‎ The position available are. Data Entry, Clerical Admin, Administrative Assistant, Customer Service, Accounting, payroll Clerk, Book keeping, Dispatcher, Front Desk Clerk position, Project Development.

Which of the above position is your field of speciality ?

Me:‎ For what company?
hrdesk09:‎ IKF Technologies Ltd

Me:‎ Do you have a detailed job description page on your website? It seems unusual to apply and interview for a position without any presented information.

Me:‎ Hello?
hrdesk09:‎ Am here

hrdesk09:‎ Listen if you are not ready to work from home well you are free to decline
Me:‎ I am working from home in addition to working in an office setting. Asking for more information from you should not warrant any harsh remarks.

Me:‎ Why are you unable to give me any information about this company or its multiple positions?
hrdesk09:‎ I will tell you all you need to know about the positions and company as we proceed okay ..
Me:‎ Go for it.
hrdesk09:‎ Good let's get started..... I want you to know that your quick response is highly appreciated OK ?
Me:‎ Please continue.

hrdesk09:‎ Ok ... I am Mrs Martha Evans from IKF Technologies Ltd., while we are about to start with the Job Briefing and Interview, i would like you to Please introduce yourself indicating your full name,sex,cell number, age and where are you located ?
Me:‎ [color=#008000]Removed (BW)[/color]

hrdesk09:‎ Ok ... The name of the company is IKF Technologies Ltd Just follow the briefing and you can ask questions when i am through. Let me know when you have finished reading every line. You will be allowed to ask questions later. With each line just respond with an OK or YES... Okay ?
Me:‎ Yes

hrdesk09:‎ IKF Technologies Ltd. is Public Limited ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 27001:2005 company incorporated in the year of 2000 with the main objective of promoting IT, ITES, Telecom and Alternative Energy Resources across the Globe. It’s a fastest growing IT Company has maintained its leadership status in catalyzing renaissance in Indian IT arena. For more information about IKF Technologies Ltd. visit: http://www.ikf-technologies.com You are required to use 10 minutes of your time to read more about the company, then let me know when you are done so we can proceed.
Me:‎ http://www.ikf-technologies.com/?page_id=45
Me:‎ Got it.
hrdesk09:‎ AM here
Me:‎ What's next?

hrdesk09:‎ Ok .. The position available are. Data Entry, Clerical Admin, Administrative Assistant, Customer Service, Accounting, payroll Clerk, Book keeping, Dispatcher, Front Desk Clerk position, Project Development. Which of the above position is your field of speciality ?
Me:‎ Data entry - customer service
hrdesk09:‎ Good .. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITY: Tracks data and source documents. Prepares and sorts source documents, and identifies and interprets data to be entered.Compiles, sorts and verifies data for accuracy.Contacts responsible parties or clients from other organisation to resolve moderately complex questions, inconsistencies, or missing data. Also perform Records keeping, keyboarding/data entry and performing a variety of other office tasks account balancing, invoicing recording,proper data analysis of sales records and recording pay slips into accounting database all these will be done through the use of the accounting Software, such as faxing or emailing confidently and positive attitude online from home....

hrdesk09:‎ Can you handle these duties effectively if trained towards it ?
Me:‎ Yes.

hrdesk09:‎ Good .. Working hours are flexible, all activities and corresponding time are to be recorded in excel spreadsheet. As for your duties, i will assist you with any difficulties by email.
Me:‎ Fine.

hrdesk09:‎ The working hours are flexible and you can choose to work from anywhere of your choice, the pay is $35.95 per hour during full working hours and the training is $23.75 per hour and will be getting your payment weekly via check or direct deposit working 30 to 40 hours weekly, if you are employed you are going to be working as a full employee and not an independent contractor. Let me know if you are interested so we can proceed.?
Me:‎ Sure.

hrdesk09:‎ Good ... Next is your interview questions and you are to answer each questions asked briefly, I will ask you few questions now,once done answering any questing you are to end it with DONE. are you ready ?

Me:‎ Why not! Let's have an impromptu interview!!!

hrdesk09:‎ Ok .. •Have you ever worked from home or online before ? Are you currently employed and what is your current hourly pay ?
•Will you be able to devote 8 hours of your time to Our company ...,that is if you are given the chance to work with us ?
Me:‎ Yes. Yes, pay varies. Yes, I can devote 8 hours to "Our company".
hrdesk09:‎ Ok .. •What do you understand by privacy and code of conduct ?
•In your current or last position, what were your most significant accomplishments ? In your career so far ?
•How hard working and productive will you be for our company when you start working with us ?
Me:‎ Privacy: Don't give your real name or other personal info to impersonators online. Code of conduct: Be professional at all times, even if you know the person you're talking to may very well be a bot. Current position: Ability to rise above all challenges. Career so far: Same. Hard working and productive for "Our company": 100%
Me:‎ DONE

hrdesk09:‎ Good .. ..•How would you like to be Paid ? Weekly Or Bi-Weekly ?•What means of Payment do you prefer ? check OR Direct Deposit ?•What is the name of your Bank you Operate with to see if it tallies with the company's official salary payment account ?
Me:‎ Oh, you can choose how I can get paid. That's normally what employers do. I'd love to receive a check in the mail with my name... Removed (BW)... on it. I bank at Bank of Scranton Pennsylvania. It's a real bank so I'm sure you'll be able to find it online.
Me:‎ Thanks!

hrdesk09:‎ Well you have done well so far and you seem like a perfect fit for this position.
I need you to hold on online because i need to forward our conversation to the Head Dept to enable them see if you are committed and good for this job. I need you to hold back online for 5-10mins.

Me:‎ HAHAHAHAAAA! Thanks. I'm so excited to hear what your Head Dept has to say.
Me:‎ What did you Head Dept say? Am I a good fit for the position?
Me:‎ Martha??? Hello?

...and that was the end of a potentially lucrative career in scam history :)
Advertisement

#217781 by Terminator5 Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:32 am
Actually the website they had you look at is a legitimate company in India . They referred to it in their scam in an attempt to give it credibility . Your conversation log showed the same scam jargon as many other money mule scams posted here .

BTW . Please remove any personally identifiable information about you from your post . Edit it out .

Daniel 8 :25
#270625 by Juneee Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:44 am
I did this same exact thing...I knew this "company" was a scam from all of the red flags in their initial email. The name of the so called company was devero Inc but the email address was [email protected] name "clien paka" all in lowercase....said feel free to send any questions to [email protected] and their Google hangout account is [email protected]. here is a snippet just so that people will be able to find out this is a scam, should they ever google her name.

" Before we proceed further  I would love to know more about you. That would help where to categorize you and how best to interview you. I am Mrs Melissa Holey   ,age 47. The personnel manager of  DeVero Inc Please introduce yourself indicate your location?"

I hope this helps someone in their Google search before it's too late. It's so sad but there are never any ends to crimes or bad things like this that happen through the internet. Stay safe people
#270628 by vonpaso xlura Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:01 am
deveroincs.com is an email-only domain registered a month ago for one year. Please post email from the domain, including complete headers. If you sent them a message and got a reply, post both with complete headers.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10