Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#218437 by taksiapo Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:27 am
Dear Guys,

Somebody sent me an email telling that I can do an online job by just doing data entry but only I have to purchase a certain software where they even gave me a payslip saying that it would be paid back.

Unfortunately, I purchased the software thinking it's not a fraud because of the company name which I tried to search about it. I still had doubts but just not to loose the opportunity, without sending the application they confirmed me that I can do the job.

After paying thru western union, I did the data works and submitted and until now no replies.
The sender's name is Mr. EDWIN G. CLAY, and on the next email, it became ELDWIN G. CLAY.

Could anyone help me on this, please? :(
And I think I have to accept that I already lost that $100 I paid.

Thanks in advance.

Ghing
Advertisement

#218443 by vonpaso xlura Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:45 am
The company you bought the software from is fake and run by the scammer. Real companies do not ask for payment by Western Union. Please post all emails sent by the scammer, with complete headers.

The check you got is fake; it sounds like it was printed by someone who thinks he has an at-home payroll job.

Print out all the emails you got and explain to the police that you are a victim of a scam, before the person on whose account the check was drawn tells the police and they come looking for you.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#281008 by Joy Ligaya Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:07 pm
Hi,

I received the same email and it's from Eldwin Clay. Is the company he is using named "Metal Commerz"?

Thanks for the reply