Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#230197 by Squee251 Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:11 am
Let's start with a summary of how the individual got my contact information. I had posted a request for work (not a resume) under the appropriate section in Craigslist and had been contacted by someone claiming to work for Bio-Nucleonics. I was asked if I had a Yahoo IM to talk about the job that was offered to me. It seemed too good to be true, full benefits, excellent pay, and much more.

I was so excited I didn't think much about the possibility of this being a scam, however, it began to get a little suspicious. Not only was the interview conducted over the Yahoo Instant Messenger, but I noticed the individual did not ask me for any vilification that I was who I was saying I was, he did not ask my educational background, and he did not do a background check.

Bio Nucleonics is a real company that hires real people, however upon examining their site under the careers tab you can clearly see here [ http://www.bionucleonics.com/carrers/ ] at the bottom of the page that there are currently no open positions. The position offered to me was Administrative Assistant in a work from home position, I was also told there were 16 positions open.

To make it further suspicious, I had gotten the job that day. This was strange because not only am I completely NOT qualified for the job, but it would have taken much more time to process me, and I highly doubt they would look for just one individual and give him the job right away, a company such as this would have considered multiple options.

The last straw was when the person told me that I would be sent a check to cash to buy supplies and inform him of when I received it to get instructions, and with the check would be a W4. I've had a similar scam come close to tricking me before, but I had been informed of this type of scam. By "get instructions" I am assuming I am to spend money on these "supplies" and send the difference. As many on this site probably know, this is an easy scam. The check is probably a fake and will bounce after I have sent the unspent money back just for me to never hear from him again.

As for the W4 I most certainly refuse to fill it out and send it to the individual as that will hold information such as my SS# which I most certainly would not want in the hands of a suspected scammer. I have sent an email to Bio Nueclionics and I am still waiting to hear back.

Being quite sure this is a scam I am less curious how to further confirm this but much more curious what I am to do once it is confirmed by the company they did not hire me and this man is acting on his own. When I receive the check, what am I to do with it? Do I report the email address and phone number used to contact me? To whom?

Thank you in advance for your responses.
Advertisement

#230202 by Clair Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:01 am
HI Daren, Welcome to Scanwarners! First off, If you used your real name as your login ID, please contact a moderator and ask them to change it.

Please post the email address, Yahoo messenger ID and phone number here. Also post the full content of the emails you received along with the full headers. Make sure you delete out your email address when posting the headers.

If you receive a check from them in the regular mail, do not open it! The best thing to do is to take it unopened to the US Postal Inspection Service, along with copies of emails showing that it was part of a scam. Another option is to take the unopened envelope and put an X through your address, write "Refused, Return to Sender" with an arrow to the return address. Bring it to the post office and drop it in the box as outgoing mail or put it in your mailbox for the mail carrier to pick up. For good measure write "This is a scam" along the bottom of the envelope. Take a photocopy of the envelope before and after you mark it as refused and keep the photocopies along with copies of any emails.

If it comes through a delivery service such as UPS or FedEx, just tell the delivery person that you refuse delivery. Or if it is delivered when you are not at home, bring it to the local delivery service office and tell them that it is a scam and you refuse delivery.

If you do receive a check, please PM me or one of the other Team members here the return name and address on the envelope. If it is a real name and address, that person may also be a victim, who is unknowingly being used as a mule to pass on fake checks.
#230205 by Squee251 Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:22 am
The phone number is 432-558-9690

The Yahoo IM email is [email protected]

That is also the email being used.

Thank you for informing me about what I should do with the check

Also an update, as I have refused to sign in and talk to the individual I am now getting aggressive texts to sign into Yahoo and that there is news about my check. I am choosing to ignore these messages but I will keep them in my phone if they are needed.
#230208 by Clair Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:29 am
Ignoring any emails or text messages is the best thing to do. They might be panicking because a check is already on its way to you. Just keep ignoring them. Do not report the email address to Yahoo. It won't help anything because they will just create a new one.
#230209 by Squee251 Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:32 am
Thank you very much, it's greatly appreciated. Being unemployed is hard enough as it is, but it's a breath of fresh air knowing I won't be taken advantage of. I will post an update once the check has made it to my home.

I had also found this as further backup to my suspicions. http://community.babycenter.com/post/a5 ... al_or_scam
#230212 by HillBilly Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:46 am
just to add on to what Clair said,

you can find your local USPI office here: https://ribbs.usps.gov/locators/find-is.cfm , that is, if the fake check comes to you in the USPS mail. If done by other services, contact them about their fraud departments.

#230213 by Clair Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:01 pm
Here is the text of the email received as reported by the member of the babycenter forum: http://community.babycenter.com/post/a5 ... scam?cpg=2

Dear Applicant

Our recruitment team viewed your resume published on ( http://www.Craigslist.com ) Application : Call Center Representative - Full Time/ Part Time) and we are pleased with your qualifications,we believe you have the required qualifications to undergo an online interview.

Your resume was shortlisted for an online interview with the personnel manager Mr John Freeman via yahoo messenger with the following email address ([email protected] ). Add Him to your buddy list and send him an IM, He will be online waiting for you ASAP to conduct the interview for you.

Your verification code is HRP2394, this would serve as your identification number throughout the online hiring process. Your timely response matters a lot.We look forward to having you on the team.

Interview Scheduled : Online.
Time: ASAP
Venue: On line Via Yahoo Messenger
Training is Available
Human Resources
Your swift and timely response matters a lot in this beneficial position.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send him an email to * [email protected] *

Searching on the first sentence of the email shows that this format is commonly used in Job Scams.
#236839 by aminor Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:53 pm
Dear Applicant,
Our HR Dept has reviewed your resume for a Administrative Assistant ,that you are yet to occupy and we believe you would be capable of handling this position.Your details has been forwarded to the Human Resources Department and the Head of Operations Mrs Denna Scott will be available to discuss the job detail, pay scale, benefit and briefing about the opening in our company.
This is an immediate hire position, the interview will commence from Tomorrow morning 8am.To participate, You are required to setup a yahoo mail account(mail.yahoo.com) and a yahoo instant messenger (http://messenger.yahoo.com)
After this process is done,you're to add up her yahoo ID ([email protected])to your buddy list,She will be online waiting for you.
I wish you the best of Luck with the Interview. If you have any questions, Please feel free to email Mrs Denna Scott for more details.

Time : 8am your time.
Venue : Online via Yahoo messenger
Regards
Human Resources Dept.
Bio-Nucleonics Inc.

I have just recieved the same message and went through with the interview and have gotten the same response. PLEASE HELP I had no knowledge that this was a scam and thought it was real and gave them my address I'm not sure what to do next. I messaged the person back and asked them directly if this was a real job company and at first they were hesitant (which confirmed everything) now they will not respond to any of my messages. What should I do?
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Added quotation.
#236846 by Bryon Williams Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:31 pm
There is nothing to worry about.

The scammer just need to pretend it was real.

Make sure you meet any employer face to face.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#238327 by Sumbarn Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:04 pm
I need help that they might be able to steal money from my account as well i opened a new account so there isn't anygijng in it but should I change my routing and account number? I'm freaking out...can I do anything?
#238328 by Bryon Williams Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:09 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners Sumbarn,

You need to inform your bank of the scam. They will advise you whether to close the account and open a new one.

The scammer may still have victims send money to that account. If this happens do not withdraw the money. It will be stolen money.

If a victim sends money to that account you will be the only one Law Enforcement can track down.

Meet all your employers face to face. There is no need for strangers on the internet to use their personal bank accounts.

Please post the emails from the scammer, email address and any website they may have.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#240819 by jacobs1989 Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:18 pm
I also received an e-mail and text message from a phone number relating to Bio Nucleonics. In the message, it instructed me to download Yahoo IM and contact a "David Ham" for an online interview. The conversation went in a similar fashion and I decided to terminate the conversation. Afterward, I called the number that sent me the text, (512) 333-7026 to find out if "Pamela Fisher" is real. Turns out, the number receives texts only and not phone calls or voice mails.

Please let me know if there is anything else I need to do in order to protect my identity.
#240820 by Bryon Williams Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:26 pm
Please post the emails sent by the scammer and his email address.

No employer will do a Yahoo instant messenger interview. Scammers are the only ones that believe this.

To protect yourself. Meet your future employers face to face and do the proper paper work for employment.

#247690 by Meka Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:56 am
I love that we can pop in a company or a phone number online and most of all the time get some sort of feedback. I came across a employment add on craigslist for an Administrative Coordinator in Orlando. At first I was skeptical because the pay was so high $26.00 hr but you were only required to do basic minor duties. Of course we all would love to make $26.00 hr doing nothing. So I decided to go for it, since I plan on moving to Orlando and would the pay to find housing. Here is the email I got back.

Date: Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 4:53 AM
Subject: Re: Administrative Clerk Opening
To:

Dear,

Your resume has been reviewed based on the Job Ad you responded to on http://www.craigslist.com and the Human Resources of the company has decided to give you a chance to proceed to the next employment process, you have been considered and scheduled for an online interview to discuss more about the position offered. You are required to set up a yahoo mail (http://www.yahoomail.com) and download yahoo messenger (http://messenger.yahoo.com), or Gmail account (http://www.gmail.com) and download the hangouts app from your app store i.e for smart phone and for PC you can download one from the Gmail webpage http://www.google.com/hangouts to download the app. After this process, you are to add Mrs Maria Anderson on Yahoo IM, Her yahoo ID is ([email protected]) and Google hangout for Gmail is
([email protected]) to your buddy list ASAP for the job briefing and comprehensive details. She would be online waiting to talk to you ASAP. If you have any problem in setting up the Yahoo messenger icon you can email her on ([email protected]) or ([email protected])

Interview Venue: Online Via Yahoo Instant Messenger
Interview Schedule: ASAP

Benefits: Health, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, Employee Wellness and 401k plans.Paid Time Off and Holidays with Generous Company Discounts

Best Regards,
Human Resources Department

So of course I knew this had to be a scam because i have never heard of a company using online chat for a job interview. So I decided to google the company name Bio-Nucleons Inc. Yes I know to everyone else the name is Bio-Nucleonics. I will not be chatting with these folks. Thanks for heads up you guys. It is a shame and unfair to those looking for a job that we have to go through this crap.
#251724 by ScamCity Tue May 19, 2015 2:32 pm
I just applied to these guys last night on SnagAJob.com. I applied to them around midnight the day prior and the next morning I recieved this message:

Dear Applicant,

Congratulations, Your resume has been reviewed and you have made it to the NEXT STEP for the job opening you sent your resume for the customer service/Admin Asst/Data Entry Your resume was shortlisted for an online interview with the personnel manager Ms Jane Bradford Invite On Gmail Hangout or Google talk messenger ([email protected]) and message her for the Job Interview., She will be online waiting for you ASAP to conduct the interview for you. Your verification code is BIO 0813, this would serve as your identification number throughout the online hiring process. Your timely response matters a lot.

We look forward to having you on the team.

Interview Scheduled : Online.
Time: ASAP
Venue: On line Via Gmail Hangout
Training is Available
Human Resources
Your swift and timely response matters a lot in this beneficial position.
Best Regard

Yours Truly,
Hiring Manager
(Bio-Nucleonics Inc)
Regards

Tried to do the online interview but she never joined my Google Hangout or answered my messages. Went back on Snagajob.com and the listing is also gone which is fishy on top of everything else. Probably safe to say this is a scam. I made this account because I saw this posting, it helped me out, and I wanted to throw in my 2 cents. Thanks.