Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#234551 by HillBilly Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:36 pm
confused1, FIrst of all, thanks for posting. I can completely understand why you are having a hard time digesting the fact that you have been "employed" by scammers. None of us wants to think another person can be this dishonest, let alone what appears to be company. However, it is the fact.

take a look at this news article recently posted, about a different "money mule" scam ( like this one).
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94619

I believe that if you start on page 1 of this thread, others have posted links to various "money mule" scams as well.

You really do need to go to the US Postal Inspector's office, if anything you have received has been through the USPS and report the fake job to them. Take all of your emails, and other "proof" to show that you are a victim and thought you were working a real job. Find your local PI's office here : https://ribbs.usps.gov/locators/find-is.cfm

You need to do this for your own protection, because right now the shipping labels and everything has your name on it. So who are the banks and authorities going to come after when this fake company gets busted? You is the answer. These guys that supposedly "employ" you don't have an address, nor a physical landline to trace.

Also, if I recall correctly, this particular scammer is using an "IP masking" service. Which effectively means they send the email to the service, then the service "masks" the original IP address, so you can not get a valid geolocation on them.

Please protect yourself and stop communicating with these scammers, and take all of your evidence to the USPI's office as fast as possible. Call it a learning experience, and move on with your life.

HB

Advertisement

#234574 by confused1 Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:07 pm
here is another crazy thing that they ask you to do. Maybe someone can help me to make sense of this.
They ask that you either upload the shipping receipt from the post office or have the post office stamp my copy of the shipping receipt with the red stamp.. Why are they so worried about making sure to have this stamped or having the receipt? Then I am asked to upload that picture in to the database as well.. Also why are they so worried about making sure that I take good quality photos of the devices and their serial numbers? Another thing as well is that if it is in the manufactures box then no need to open the seal. Just take photos of the original invoice, and product as well as the serial numbers, imei numbers and so forth then upload the photos to the database. If not in manufactures box then I am to make sure that the item matches whats in the database and whats scheduled to be delivered that day. Everything has to be an exact match.. And if its not brand new and in the original manufacturers box, I am to power it on to confirm that it does indeed work.. I cant make any sense of this.... The first package that I did for them wasn't even anything expensive. However what cost no more than $10 I know for a fact, they charged the person that I shipped it to overseas 8x that much because the invoice that they had me to print off and include with the shipment showed the price that this person was paying them for it.... WHERE DO THEY FIND THESE PEOPLE to buy this stuff from them? I am reading all these post and I am seeing that they ship to France, Russia, England and so forth .. Another thing that I have noticed about this electroniti.com web site is that at the very bottom it says something about the site being part of Ebay. Has anyone else noticed this yet? THE WHOLE THING MAKES ME ANGRY
#234576 by AlanJones Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:15 pm
^^^ I'm not going to assist anyone with a criminal mind by going into full details here, but having pictures of serial numbers etc could be very useful.

The eBay connection is because the eCommerce package that the website uses is developed by a company that is part of eBay - it does not mean that the website has any connection whatsoever to eBay

I received the invoice pictures that you sent me, which I'll post later after I've removed identifying information - I also emailed you just to clarify a couple of things.

Here's a summary:

The invoice sending the item to confused1 comes from a legitimate business and has a billing name and address in an East Coast US state (verified as real details), and a shipping address of the billing name and confused1's address. The other invoice is sending the items to a person in mainland Europe. and has no company name on it and a partial address (city, state & zip), which is confused1's address. Angela's Electronics claim to be in California. A legitimate business would not be buying items using the personal credit card of a person living on the other side of the USA.

A look at the legitimate website shows that the item bought is currently on sale for well under $10 each and 2 of them can be shipped to Europe for between $10 and $30 depending on the option chosen, but 2 of them have been sold to the person in Europe for over $70.

So, the scammer gets an order on their website for an item and then uses a stolen credit card to purchase the items from a legitimate seller and have them shipped to the victim, in the name of the cardholder. The victim then goes through all the procedures that confused1 has described and ships the item (at their own cost) to Europe.

The scammer has spent no money (except whatever it cost to purchase the credit card details) and has made a nice $70+ profit. The cardholder will eventually notice the fraudulent charge and contest it, which will result in the legitimate store losing the cost of the items. Confused1 won't be getting paid their "salary" and will also have had to pay out for shipping these items and possibly be facing investigation for receiving stolen goods.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#234578 by vonpaso xlura Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:49 pm
Where have you been uploading the pictures? Where have you been getting the data on which package they want you to send where? The website the scammers were using for that has been killed; if they set up a new one, we need to kill it too.

Also what website did they use to recruit you for the job?

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#234581 by HillBilly Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:07 am
the web sites are operational again, vx, sorry to tell you. http://helpusstaffing.com/ http://www.electroniti.com/
:(

#234582 by vonpaso xlura Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:12 am
^it's db-edit.com that's been down. electroniti.com has jumped nameservers, and as to helpusstaffing.com, I don't speak fairy language.

#234774 by vonpaso xlura Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:22 pm
db-mngt.com was registered the day after db-edit.com died, for one year by hidden, and is in the process of being reported for fraud.

The link to 80f078... just brings up the home page. I guess they change it often.