Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#32365 by ymg666 Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:01 pm
REPLY?
Sent: 06 July 2010 17:10:04
To: removed - Dotti
Thank you for your email... I am really looking for hardworking someone to handle this position .I am very sure there is a post office and UPS Courier service is around you to send Items?...In addition to that, I don't mind you handle the tasks during your spare
time outside of work or school. Like I mentioned its a flexible hour job that will fit your present Job. I am a Building Contractor, Build homes for Orphans and homeless people... I . I wish I could meet in person to discuss about but currently I m in Africa for a Orphanage Building construction project and the project will last for 3months .For this reason there will be no interview until I return UK after I done with the project.
Your primary objective is to facilitate the purchase of household items, home appliances etc for orphans and homeless people, All errands will be in your county/town, so It is not necessary that you have a car, you can run errands via bus or taxi,you won't have to put money out of your pocket, You main objective it to do shopping for Orphans ( purchase of Home appliances,Household etc ) which I will mail you a brochure for you to browse through it for exactly what to buy at the stores.
You will be earning 250GBP on every successful duty/purchase completed in every week, and next assignment will only be upon successful completion of the first assignment,note that all shopping expenses,shipping and pick up arrangements for items purchased will be duly arranged for by me OK .
Please note that no commitment from your pocket made on this job, and you would have flexible hours as it suits you. If you are interested in taking up this employment opportunity, do forward me the under listed information(s) for the issuance of the payment ( Cheque ) I need your details for the money ( Cheque ) to be mail to you.

FULL NAME: ( THAT WILL BE ON THE CHEQUE )
FULL CONTACT ADDRESS :( NO P.O BOX )
COUNTY/TOWN
POSTAL CODE:
MOBILE & LANDLINE
NATIONALITY
EMAIL:

Upon receipt of above details, I will send you an e-mail acknowledging your status, Details forwarded will be used to disburse payment
If you are interested get back as soon as possible with details required above for immediate employment.

Respectfully,
Advertisement

#32367 by David Jansen Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:17 pm
Thanks for posting this ymg666. But if i were you, i'd edit out your email address in that post to prevent getting lots of spam, or scams.

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
#32797 by beccicee22 Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:45 am
Hi i need your help, i recently put an advert on gumtree offering people work with their own businesses, and i got a reply from this one called Cole wear and building for orphans and the email is exactly the same. Stupidly i believed this person and replied with my details and now they have sent me a cheque to pay into my bank and help them out. I don't know whether to trust them or not, but what can i do i have the cheque for a very large amount of money from a big electrical company as a sponsor. I am scared as this person has my name and address, i have not given them any other details, but i still don't know what to do. can i please have some advice. Thanks Rebekah Cooper.
#32798 by Dotti Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:37 am
Welcome Beccicee,

I'm glad you found your way here before any harm was done.

The important thing is that you do NOT attempt to deposit the check. It is fake and/or written on a stolen/phished account. If you attempt to deposit it and you withdraw money on the check, you would be guilty of check fraud.

Drop all contact with the scammers. Do not reply to their emails, do not point them here (that will encourage them to change their format, leaving the next victim more vulnerable). If it makes you feel better, you can just reply saying that the bank rejected the check and you have decided not to pursue this any further. Then you can do a few things:

-Contact the issuing bank and explained what happened so they can address the possibly compromised bank account.
-Take the check to your police
-Write FAKE very clearly on the check so that there is no way it can be cashed. Then keep it as a souvenir and use it to teach others about this kind of scam.

The scammers may harass you or threaten you. They might even pretend to be law enforcement and threaten you with prosecution. It is all lies.

As for having your name and address, you will likely be the recipient of more scams in the future, but the scammer is in Africa (and is NOT from the UK--he is an African sitting in an African internet cafe) and he is not coming to your home.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#32872 by beccicee22 Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:56 am
Thankyou for this information it has made me feel lot better about the whole thing. I will do the things you have told be too. The person keeps on emailing me and texting me not very nice emails, but they clearly don't speak proper english because it makes no sense. I'll give the cheque to the police and block them from my
Mobile and email account. Next time I'll be sure to check this website before I agreeto anything.
So are you sure if I don't talk to them, not cash the cheque and inform the police then I won't get done for fraud or whatever?!
Thanks again.
#32873 by beccicee22 Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:59 am
The cheque says it is from a electricity company called national grid plc is this real? If so shall I contact them or the cheque also says hsbc shl I contact them? But the cheque doesn't look real anyway?
#32875 by Ralph Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:13 am
So long as your honest with the police and keep the emails from teh scammers as evidence of your innocence you will be fine.

By going forward to teh police with the fake cheque you will be showing them that you have nothing to hide and nor should you have anything to hide, you have done nothing wrong

The police may or may not take an interest depending on their workload, frame of mind or level of knowledge at the time but regardless of what they do, you will have done your best.

It could be of benefit to notify the real company and the bank so they can keep an eye out for it, they may already be aware but again, it cant hurt for them to know this.

Please dont hesitate to ask if you have any questions