Advance fee loan scams and fraudulent loan sites.
#301881 by B68girl Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:34 pm
I had been searching online the day before for a personal loan in Ontario, Canada. I requested information from Loan Canada and on 7/29/16 I received a call to my cell phone, which I had asked to contact me via email, and a man was on the other end telling me I had been preapproved for a loan up to $20,000 but said I had to do one of three things: Get Insurance to cover loan; put up collateral for amount of said loan; get a co-signer who has the collateral for the loan. I immediately became suspicious and asked for the name of his company. He never gives his name or the company name unless asked. I told him I would call back. I did some research and found on this site that this is a known scammer. In light of the fact that I used Loan Canada as the website for information, I have no other recourse than to report them as well since my number had to be obtained from information submitted to that site. I wanted to post this to advice others that the scammer is still working at this time. My main concern now is what did I do while searching that caused him to get my cell phone information. This concerns me and if anyone on this site has had this happen and has any recommendations as to how I can protect myself, I would greatly appreciate it.

B68girl - Help Catch Scammers :evil:
Advertisement