Advance fee loan scams and fraudulent loan sites.
#356627 by Tom Streets, PMP Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:05 am
This is the first email I received:

Based on your message on linkedin, I will like to properly introduce myself. I am the CEO of Chemex trading company with large shares in some finance houses which I also act as a broker/mandate. This makes us the direct mandate to several finance houses, where project investments are what they do. They offers a wide range of financial instruments and takes a flexible approach in structuring its financial products. The principal forms of direct financing that may be offered are loans, equity and guarantees.

Loans are tailored to meet the particular requirements of a project. The credit risk may be taken entirely by them or partly syndicated to the market. If you have a viable project anywhere in the world, we can assist in getting it financed at the cheapest rate anywhere.

Attached is a loan application package, kindly get it filled and return copy as soon as possible so as to enable us finalise with the finance house, who will then open direct communication with you.

Regards
MR. TIMOTHY JOSEPH FLANAGAN
CAPITAL MARKETS LIMITED
PARK HOUSE, 26 NORTH END ROAD, LONDON NW11 7PT

Please note that you will be required to come to London (3 days max). Please confirm readiness to come to London to finalize the transaction.

CAPITAL MARKETS LIMITED

Tom
You are required to fill the loan application package earlier sent to you and return copy for the draft contract.
Please do this immediately.

CAPITAL MARKETS LIMITED

The scary part of this is the scammer was trying to get me to travel overseas, which implies robbery, kidnapping, or worse.
Last edited by AlanJones on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:02 am, edited 4 times in total. Reason: Added quotes for clarity and removed non-scammer emails
Advertisement

#356629 by AlanJones Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:47 am
Please post the email address that the scammer is using, his other victims may be searching for it.

Also, please only post the emails received from the scammer, we are not interested in those that you have sent them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.