Advance fee loan scams and fraudulent loan sites.
#34325 by mab0247 Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:23 pm
I was scammed by this person - please make sure you are not - i have set up a website to warn others. it is - http://mrbruceweinstocks.webs.com/ and has the details below on it.

Mr. Bruce Weinstocks
I have set up this website in the hope that other people will not be scammed like I was - I was in financial trouble paying for my wedding and I accepted a kind offer from a seemly generous company email from [email protected] stating that they were called Oando Brokers Service . Then I was emailed from another person Bruce Weinstocks on [email protected] detailing that he could get the money to me if I paid the western union transfer fee of £198 which I did (I researched the amount and it was true the transfer fee to this country was £198) - I waited and waited for a reply to then I received another email saying they needed another £350 to pay for taxes. I was very desperate at this time so I forwarded it to them via western union. What an idiot I was - i contacted the man back again and he ensured me he would contact me back with the transfer number to get my loan - it never came. The man never answered his phone to me again.

Please please if any one searches for this persons name or company - take heed of what I say no matter how much debt you are in do not pay any one anything up front it is a scam.

I now doubt that I will be able to have a wedding at all because of this horrble dishonest man.
Advertisement

#34327 by David Jansen Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:38 pm
Welcome here mab0247

I'm sorry that you got scammed, especially in these circomstances. I think it's great that you made a webpage to warn others, the more people can find information about scammers on the internet, the better it is. Could you also post here the first scam email that the scammer has send you? Preferably with the full headers. If you don't know how to get the headers, just ask one of the support team members. When you have posted the email with headers, potential victims can find it even better.

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
#34331 by mab0247 Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:51 pm
Here is the original email I received.

From: Oando Brokers Service Oando Brokers Service <[email protected]>
To: Removed - CF
Sent: Fri, 23 July, 2010 1:34:33
Subject: Loan Application At 3% Interest Rate, Apply Now

Monday-Saturday:7:30am-6:30pm {Processing time}.
Sunday:12noon-6:30pm {Processing time}.

Compliment of the season,

Oando Brokers Service offers loan at interest rate of 3%.

Here are some question:
Are you in need of a loan of any purpose?,
Do you want to pay your Bills?,
Are you in a financial problem?,
Do you need a financial Solution?

Oando Brokers Service is the solution to all your financial problem.
Oando Brokers Service give out loan in all categories such as:loans
for project, business, taxes, bills etc.

If Interested,contact us with your application information below:

Full Name:
Address:
State:
Loan Amount Needed:
Purpose of loan:
Duration(Tenure of Payback):
Telephone/Cell Phone:

The above information should be submmited to the following
email: [email protected]
Best Regards,
Mr. Bruce Weinstocks
Managing Director
Tel:+234 805 221 6418
#34332 by mab0247 Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:55 pm
I think when people are really desperate - you are willing to do anything - I feel like a real idiot now. I wish I never bothered. I just feel so annoyed at the whole situation - I feel that I must do something to help others.
#34333 by mab0247 Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:57 pm
I must also say that these people are based in Nigeria and use western union to get your money - NEVER USE WESTERN UNION TO SEND MONEY TO PEOPLE YOU DONT KNOW - NEVER! You wont get it back!
#34354 by David Jansen Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:04 am
You already did something to help others, by posting the scam email. Thank you for that, as it will save others. :=)
And you are not an idiot, you just didn't recognise the scam at first. It can happen to anyone.

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
#34362 by Dotti Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:37 am
Welcome mab,

I am sorry you were victim of a loan scammer. As David said, you should not feel like an idiot because you fell for a scam at a time you were particularly vulnerable. And you most definitely are NOT alone--if you look at the "Loan Scams" subforum, you will see that many others have fallen prey to this kind of scam. The company names change frequently, but the scam itself remains the same, and unfortunately this type of scam as long as the scammers continue to make money. Unfortunately, these scammers operate internationally, and are out of the reach of law enforcement agencies in the victims' countries.

That's why education is key--the more we all get the word out, the fewer people will fall for these scams. Posting your story here and on your website is the best way to help!

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#34430 by mab0247 Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:34 am
This is the second email I received from these people - I MUST SAY AGAIN NEVER TRANSFER MONEY TO PEOPLE YOU DONT KNOW!!!!

From: Oando Brokers Service Oando Brokers Service <[email protected]>
To:
Sent: Fri, 23 July, 2010 1:34:33
Subject: COMPANY LOAN TRANSFER PROCEDURE

Attn:

Compliment of the day.

With regards to the content of your mail, note that your information has been
recorded into the company data base and such your loan have been insured
for security purpose and safety, and also approved by the company account
department to be transferred to you immediately after completion of our
documentation once you have signed and return the company loan agreement
document binding you and the company.

With regards to the above information, note that their is an administrative
fee which you are to pay before loan can be transferred to you which is the
loan transfer cost which the borrower are responsible for and not the company
as stated below.

This fee can not be deducted or added to the loan amount. borrowers are required
to send the fee from their end to the account department through an account officer
whose information will be furnished to you once the agreement is signed and returned.

In line with the company transfer administrative charges, note that you will be
required to choose the below mode of transferring your loan because the company
is willing to transfer your loan to you since your loan is approved for transfer
already.

As soon as you have chosen an option below the company account officer in charge
of your loan transfer will immediately proceed with the transfer of your loan to
you once you have made provision for the transfer administrative fee as stated below.

COMPANY TRANSFER OPTIONS.

1. Western Union Transfer: This is the fastest way to transfer the loan to you anywhere
in the world. We normally advice clients to choose this option for small amount of loan
because we know it is the best out of all. According to the western union agent over here,
to transfer the sum of £2,500 GBP which you are borrowing as loan to you via the western
union will cost you just £198 to get the loan transferred to you and it can not be removed
from the loan because the loan has been insured and also as explained above.

2. Bank to Bank Transfer: This is a kind of transfer that will require sending us your bank
account information to enable us transfer the loan to you via Bank Wire transfer. This bank
transfer will cost you the sum of $395 and the loan will reflect in your account within the
next 24hrs after the loan has been transferred.

3. Courier Delivery Service: This is a kind of transfer where we will have to issue a check
to the delivery department so that they can deliver the loan cheque to you at your door step.
If you chose this option, you will be required to send us your real address and phone number
where the loan can be delivered to you and this will cost you $435.

Note: All above listed fee must be paid before any transfer option can be made. that is before
the loan can be delivered or transferred to the borrower in which mode the borrower may chose.

Please we will want you to get back to us with your option so that the account officer can
proceed with the transfer of your loan without any further delay in this transaction.
Upon receipt of this needful information, your loan will immediately be release for transfer
and will be transferred to you by the account department.

Attach to this mail is our Company Loan Agreement Document which you are require to sign and return
back for further documentation of your loan. Also send along your identification to enable us
facilitate the swift's transfer of your loan to you according to any option you chose.

Best Regards,
Mr. Bruce Weinstocks
Managing Director
Tel:+234 805 221 6418