Advance fee loan scams and fraudulent loan sites.
#321996 by Margelafiona Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:03 pm
I think this is a scam.I am desperately looking for loan and send a message to sterling finance that I saw on facebook.They first send me this email.

STERLING FINANCE
Head Office.
Reg Number: SS448B56,
B.B.B Number: B92016HVAPW.

Date: 09/03/2017 .

Good Day Madam/Sir,

We officially welcome you to our company, your message was received and along with this mail is the loan details which you are to fill with your correct details so as to ensure a proper progress on your loan request.

Loan application with us attracts the interest rate of 2%, as the repayment of the loan and it involves no collateral and no salary transfer.

Firstly, you will have to fill the below borrower's form which we will use in the processing of your loan request. Finn in the necessary details for our review and security satisfaction. Thank you, as you fill it and get back to us as soon as possible.

Also Note that you are to provide us with a copy of your identification card either an international passport, driver's license or your working id any will be accepted for our reference and review.

BORROWER'S DATA FORM

NAME:
MONTHLY INCOME:
STATE:
ADDRESS:
PHONE NUMBER:
LOAN DURATION:
LOAN AMOUNT NEEDED:
BEFORE YOU HAVE APPLIED:

WE LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR RESPONSE AND WE HOPE SWIFT IN DOING BUSINESS WITH YOU.

Thanks for Your Patronage!

Mrs Sterling Cherly .
=================================================================================== ============================================================
CONFIDENTIAL FROM STERLING FINANCE COMPANY PLC. this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended Solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient, or an employee or agent Responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient,is Prohibited..
============================================================================================================================================ =========================================

© STERLING FINANCE COMPANY PLC 2017

STERLING FINANCE
Head Office.
Reg Number: SS448B56,

B.B.B Number: B92016HVAPW.

Date: 09/03/2017.

Good Day XXX ,

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE. THE LOAN INTEREST RATE IS 2% AND BELOW IS THE LOAN REPAYMENT SCHEDULE FOR THE LOAN AMOUNT 30,000.00aed.

LOAN REPAYMENT SCHEDULE

Loan Balance:30,000.00aed
Loan Interest Rate:2%
Loan Term:4 years

Monthly Loan Payment:650.85aed
Number of Payments:48

Cumulative Payments:31,240.99aed
Total Interest Paid:1,240.99aed

Note: The monthly loan payment was calculated at 47 payments of 650.85aed plus a final payment of 651.04aed.

CONDITIONS FOR THE LOAN

1. Note: The monthly loan payment was calculated at 47 payments of 650.85aed plus a final payment of 651.04aed,and the monthly payment will start on the 6th month after you have receive the loan. Applicant who is unable to meet up with the repayment will be given 2 months more as a grace period before legal actions will be taken by the Board Of Directors.

2.The loan must be Secured: The securing of the loan will be done by the lender who is giving out the loan to the borrower. Therefore the lender will be responsible for the securing fee. The Company is solely responsible for the payment of Loan Certify Registration. This is for the loan amount to be insured and secured from terrorism after which it been approved by the Federal Ministry Of Finance as legal transaction before the loan/fund can be transferred to the borrower through any of the transfer options stated by the borrower.

3.Time of duration: The borrower must pay back at the rate of 2% interest within 4 years after receiving the loan.

4.Transfer of the loan: The borrower must be responsible on how the transfer should be made, therefore the borrower will also be responsible for the transfer charges.

5.Upfront fee: Any other fee apart from the Bank charges must be handled by the lender such as: Approval fee, Barrister charges, e.t.c. This is why the interest rate is 2%.

6.Particulars: The borrower must provide a driver's license or International passport or Identity card (if any).

Get back to us if you are in agreement with the terms of the loan, so that we can proceed with the transaction immediately.

IMPORTANT NOTE

This is to inform you that we are capable of rendering you the loan within a period of short time and that the transaction will be successful if you agreed to co-operate with us so that we can help you get the loan transferred to your account on time, but let me remind you that there will be a cost for these loan transaction.

And also we will provide you with the necessaries document that you may need to prove to you that you are dealing with a REAL loan lender and not the scammed we see every now and then on the internet, and that the only fee required from you is the (Bank Commission) and the company will be responsible for other cost of the loan transaction.

We are committed to serve you better.

Yours Truly,
Mrs Sterling Cherly .
(MD)

Good day Madam,

Having agreed to the loan terms and conditions/repayment plan of your loan,we will require the following credentials for the processing of this loan transaction,verification of your existence by contacting the embassy if the credentials are valid.

Below are the stated requirements.
1.Passport copy
2.Visa copy
3.Bank account statement
4.Emirate ID
5.Salary certificate.

We kindly await your response soonest on this.

Thank you.

*I think they are not legit.Can you please check?
Last edited by AlanJones on Sun May 14, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Removed personal details and added quotes for clarity
Advertisement

#321998 by AlanJones Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:24 pm
It's a scam - real lenders do not advertise on Facebook.

If you can't get a loan from a recognised bank in your own country, you're not going to find one on the Internet, all you will find is scammers looking to steal from you.

What email address is the scammer using?

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#322100 by Margelafiona Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:05 am
[email protected] is what they are using to send me email.They sent me another email today.Please check below:
Good day,

Your loan application has been approved and verification of your existence has been done successfully after contacting your Embassy if all credentials been submitted to us are valid.
We kindly require your update on the transfer of your loan.

We are so sorry for the late response from our side we did not get an urgent mail from your embassy on with is been required.

Bank account name:
Bank account number:
Bank address:
Swift code:
Bank state:
Bank country:

Attached is your Loan approval Certificate.

We await your response soonest.

Best regards,
The company.
#322102 by AlanJones Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:27 am
The best thing to do is block them and don't respond any further. They will keep lying to you and telling you that the money is ready for you.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#327963 by harrison Sun May 14, 2017 7:04 pm
Mod Note: This post was made by the dumb scammer himself in an attempt to avoid losing victims. We are leaving it here to show how far these pathetic creatures will go to steal from their innocent victims.

Sterling finance is no scam i have evidence of this as i have gotten a loan from them I'm from Southampton,UK.
#327974 by AlanJones Sun May 14, 2017 10:40 pm
Dumb scammer, harrison wrote:Sterling finance is no scam

Yes they are, for the reasons previously posted.

For the bots - Loan scam - [email protected]

#327977 by AlanJones Sun May 14, 2017 11:47 pm
Another email address used by the scammer - [email protected]