Advance fee loan scams and fraudulent loan sites.
#335159 by SBison Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:48 pm
I believe I am in the middle of a scam. In trying to finance a project, we paid a small up front "insurance fee." Come to find out the people we are dealing with have been identified online as a scam, and no surprise they have not funded the loan.

They are still in communication with me, and are now asking for more money to close.

Where do I report this, do I stop all communication? What should be my next steps. I would ask for my insurance fee refunded, but I doubt I would get it back at this point.

Thanks
Advertisement

#335160 by Mike Wilson Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:11 pm
Hello,
Yes, this is a scam. It is illegal to collect a fee to get a loan. Stop all contact with this scammer and post the as much information as you can about this fake loan company, website, email address, telephone number(s) used.

Also post the full email they sent you with the instructions on how to send the money for fee. Be sure to remove your personal information before posting.

Also file a report here: https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#335162 by Mike Wilson Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:41 pm
Post the information in this thread and we will move the whole thread at a later time.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#336112 by SBison Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:45 am
We were taken for a ride by Shevy Shevy Loans. They asked for initial money for insurance, then said they gave us the wrong amount and additional "premiums" for the insurance, then they need money for clearing the funds. Of course this deal never funded.

Shevy Shevy has a LinkedIn page, and she used to go by Renee Shevey, and Renee Travis. Do we have any recourse? What law enforcement agency should we submit a report? Will our banks reverse the wire of the money we sent?

Below is some correspondence with her:

Subject: Re: here is the application plus the file
Date: July 15, 2017 at 9:14:52 AM PDT
To:

Received. Here are the terms of the loan, then if the client is okay with them, then we can move on with the insurance of the loan.

1 - Be at least 18 years of age.
2. you repay your credit on 12 months to 300 months to choose.
3 - Your personal loan repayments are adapted to your budget.
4 - You can perform one or more projects.
5 - The constitution and the legal validation of your file should
getting my notary in 24 hours.
6 - You will receive your funding within 72 hours after validation of your folder by my notary.
7 - You can ask modulation of repayments from your
credit upward or downward every 6 months.
8 - You can request the postponement of a monthly payment each year.
9 - You can repay all or part of your credit without penalty.
10-The interest rate is 2% and you pay $8,000 for the processing of the insurance of the loan to protect my funds.
11- The minimum loan you can borrow at a time is $50,000 and the maximum amount of loan at a time is $30million.
In the event of partial refund, you can reduce the duration of your loan or reduce your monthly payment. If the terms are okay by you then reply so I can send you the loan form to fill for us to move forward.
#336118 by AlanJones Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:55 pm
It is unlikely that your bank will reverse the transfer, but the only way to find out for sure is to ask them.

You should report the crime to your local law enforcement and on the FBI's IC3.org website.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.