Advance fee loan scams and fraudulent loan sites.
#339569 by JRAM23 Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:29 pm
I received a similar "Offer". I am ashamed to say that I actually fell for it and sent them money using a pre-paid credit card (I was desperate at the time).

They then called me back asking for more, claiming that I had to pay for some kind of bank transfer fee (I did not send them more money). While I will probably never see the initial amount I sent, I am just glad I did not send them any more money.

I am sharing this, hoping that others will avoid my mistake.

The company: "mapleleafcanada.ca" / "www.Funding-Canada.com" / [email protected]
The callers: "Sean Williams" and "Amy"
Phone numbers : 647-493-9487, 647-846-8503

Here is the email I received:

This is to inform you that the loan application which you filled on our website has been fully approved for a loan amount of $6,000.00 at flat 12.00% interest rate with flexible repayment options.

Loan size and currency
$6,000.00(CAD)
Total no. of installments
Interest rate
12%
Installment frequency
Monthly
Commission fee
N/A

Loan Approval Code
XXXXXXX

Other fees
N/A

Mandatory savings
N/A

Installment
$560.00
Installment date

16TH Of Every Month
Security Deposit
N/A

Type of guarantee
Unsecured Loan
Penalty for late payment
$39.00

Maturity of the loan (in months)
Penalty for pre-payment
N/A

Processing Fees
N/A
If you wish to proceed further and take this loan today itself then please call our loan officer for standard verification procedure at 647-846-3503 and follow the verification protocols explained by our loan officer.

Terms & Conditions (Please read carefully)
- Please note that this is a pre-approved short term unsecured personal loan on lower interest rates offered only to selected applicants WITHOUT CONSIDERING THEIR PRESENT CREDIT SCORES.
- PLEASE DO NOT SHARE YOUR CREDIT / DEBIT CARD DETAILS WITH ANYONE.
- PERSONALIZED ORIGINAL AGREEMENT FOR YOU WILL BE SENT TO YOU AFTER THE FINAL TRANSACTION IS DONE.
- AFTER SIGNING THE ORIGINAL AGREEMENT WE EXPECT YOU TO RETURN A SCANNED COPY TO US WITHIN 48 HOURS.

NOTE:

LOAN APPROVAL CODE mentioned in this email is highly confidential; therefore you are advised not to share it with anyone apart from our loan officer available only on 647-846-3503.

Thank you, Have a Nice Day

(IF YOU REACH OUR VOICE MAIL BOX THEN PLEASE LEAVE YOUR NAME NUMBER AND BEST TIME TO REACH YOU)

Please Note:-
TM, ® + © 2017 I Funding Canada Inc. All rights reserved. End User License Agreement | Privacy Policy

http://www.funding-canada.com
Welcome to Maple Leaf Canada

WHO WE ARE
Funding Canada loan is a financial service provider whose mission is to provide small business owners with access to credit so they can see their business grow. For the past 14 years, we have worked in local communities throughout the country, offering loans, savings, and financial education to micro and small businesses.

OUR PLEDGE
Funding Canada employees will serve clients according to our Pledge to Clients. Along with fair and dignified treatment, clients can expect products and services that are designed to meet their needs in an affordable way, transparent information, and privacy of their personal information. Additionally, clients can expect punctual and reliable service delivery, and a quick response to their questions or complaints.

YOU’RE ROLE
Funding Canada Company wants each client to make the most of their financial products and services. As the client, your role is to provide us with accurate information about your financial and personal situation, to know your financial options, rights, and obligations, and to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. We ask that you let us know right away if you have problems with your products or services, and if your financial or personal situation changes during the course of your loan.

SERVING YOU
Our staff is trained to serve the needs of our clients. Customer service is important to us and we value your opinion. Your credit officer will visit you on a regular basis, and he/she is your best source of information and help. However, if you have a problem or question that your credit officer cannot solve, our Customer Service staff will be ready to help.
Our working Hours are Monday – Friday: 9.30 AM – 8.30 PM EST
Advertisement

#339570 by Bryon Williams Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:41 pm
Domain Name: FUNDING-CANADA.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2102119993_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2017-03-03T21:42:24Z
Creation Date: 2017-03-03T21:42:24Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2018-03-03T21:42:24Z

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#339576 by Bryon Williams Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:47 pm
Domain name: mapleleafcanada.ca
Domain status: registered
Creation date: 2017/04/21
Expiry date: 2020/04/21
Updated date: 2017/04/26

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#339578 by JRAM23 Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:34 pm
I did! Also reported the site to the BBB.

I am trying to see if I can get more info on the fraudsters from the prepaid credit card company (and if I can get my money back - longshot, I know). The merchant that debited the prepaid card is listed as "ecographi.com", which I have never heard of.