Advance fee loan scams and fraudulent loan sites.
#12309 by Jillian Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:07 pm
Thanks for letting us know, babydll77. Keep us posted of any news regarding this.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
Advertisement

#32942 by Lioba_Retreat Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:04 pm
Hi Ya'll,
I am writing this here but maybe this should be a whole new post. Phone Busters, a Canadian Scam reporting agency 1-888-495-8501 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              1-888-495-8501      end_of_the_skype_highlighting. Also handles romance scams too. They are very professional and empathetic. The Canadian Foreign Ministries referred me to them because the scammer I was dealing with claimed to be Canadian. But Phone Busters doesn't care where you are from. They gather information that is then sent out to the appropriate law enforcement agencies but they don't get your hopes up.
This is the information that they asked for:
:arrow: Scammers' Name, Scammers' phone number, if there was money involved and if yes, how was it sent and then the information off the receipts. The dates of these money transactions. A little of the story. When this started and for how long. How contacted. E-mail address. Your name, phone number and address (to contact you if the law enforcement needs documentation). They will take any additional information that you have like where you think the scammer is from but that isn't so important because they could be from anywhere. They give you a confirmation number. This protects you in case you are contacted by law enforcement. Law enforcement must know that number or otherwise you maybe dealing with another scammer. DO NOT VOLUNTEER THAT NUMBER!!
I encourage all that have been romance scammed to call them and tell them your story. But first gather the above information so you are prepared. I was not prepared and had to scramble up my receipts. Put your scammers info in a folder. Be prepared to print out each and every transaction in the future (ugg!) but not for this phone call.