Advance fee loan scams and fraudulent loan sites.
Advertisement

#9185 by babydll77 Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:19 pm
I just read what happened to Jen37. The same exact thing happened to me at the end of October only they were calling themselves Clearview Lending at the time. What you decribed is exactly what they had said to me only I had to pay $1400 up front. I realized it was a scam when my money was not refunded and began to research it further. I reported it to all the agencies I read about on this website. It was transfered to the proper agencies in Canada. I have yet to hear anything on the matter.
#9186 by The Enchantress Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:02 pm
Sorry to hear you have been scammed babydll77.

I hope you hear something soon from the authorities.

If you have any questions or concerns about fraud and scams please post and a support team member will be happy to advise you.

Your post will alert and save other potential victims, Thank You for doing so.

Note this comment from this site;

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=56681

Clearview Lending Service Up Date
Well it looks like there will be no refund. The phone has been turned off.
It says "HELLO the GOODBYE".
Well Im so pissed off. More so at my self for falling for this scam.
So please people if your asked for money up front DO NOT GIVE you will never see what you where asking for let alone a refund.
I just hope the people I dealt with Samual Jaminson,Glen Russell,David Grey all rest in hell.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#10896 by Lisarie2325 Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:18 am
Hi I'm LisaMarie

I might have some information for you about this company. I recently applied for a loan for $6,000 with a company named Cedar View lending Group. They said that my loan was approved by a lender in Canada but I first needed a deposit of $860.00 which would be 6 months worth of payments. My monthly payment would be $143.40 and the first payment would be due on 01/01/2010. They sent me a contract for the loan and it does state the the payment will be in my account 24 hour after they recieve the $860.00. I have not sent them any money yet. I had a few red flags 1) they are not listed with the bbb and 2) they would not tell me the name of the lender. I hope this helps.
#10899 by Ralph Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:15 am
Hi Lisa Marie

Welcome to Scamwarners,

Please dont send them any money, it is definately a scam, what you have described is exactly how these scammers work.

I presume you have given them personal details as well, that is a big problem with this group as they have been known to get involved in identity theft too.

Could you please provide an email address for them as well as any websites they may have directed you to, these will be fakes.

Also if you can let us know what information you have provided, we dont want to see the actual information, jsut the type of information so we can best direct you to further help regarding that.

As of right now, cease all contact, this is one of the most dangerous scam groups around and you dont want to mess with them, cease all contact, ignore any future emails and if you do happen to pick up the phone to find it is them hang up.

Presuming you have given bank details, contact your bank and have them change the accounts details, you are in no immediate danger and not about to lose money but following the advice is essential to keep it that way
#10936 by The Enchantress Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:24 pm
Thank You for providing this information LisaMarie.

Your posting will alert and save other potential victims. :=)

Note this search leading to rip-off reports click here

Rip-off Report: Cedarview Lending Group Advance Fee Lending scam ...
Phone: 800-690-5791. Fax: 617-649-8826. 485 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, Massachusetts, 02139-4018 U.S.A.. Submitted: 6/22/2009 7:58:12 AM

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#11121 by mydrums1 Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:10 pm
I was just taken $1900.00 as of today from this place. I'm mad, embarressed, and everything else you could be after this. I applied for a loan online, my credit is less than perfect, it was hard to get a personal loan from anywhere. I was contacted by Victoria King from Cedar View Lending group congratukating me for being approved for the $7500 loan I had asked for. She faxed me loan documents with all the details, and as my credit was they asked for the first 5 months payments as collateral. I was hesitant, and should have listened to my gut feeling, it was alot of money to part with, but she promised I would have my money the next day. The next day came and I was contacted by Tom Phillips who said he was the customer service manager from Cedar View lending and that there was a complication with the loan. the investor was seeking more collateral because of my credit, but once this was done I would get my money today! And i would'nt have to make a payment until 10 months from now. I could not come up with another $1170 but he said to see what I could come up with and they might possibly be able to credit me with the difference. I came up with $800, which he said the company woul credit me $370 and just to send it to Canada like the first payment. I borrowed for my sister, used my two week paycheck and now I have nothing. My house payment is due, and I can't pay it because I believed i was going to receive the money last Friday, and again today. He told me I could get my money refunded back to me but I could not recieve it until July 23. Than after many calls to him today with no answer, he finally calls me and says he will get the money back sooner and will call me tomorrow to let me know for sure when that will be. I called tonight and the address they provided is not thier buisness, the Cambridge Police have a detective assigned to this I found out also. Does anyone know of a lender that is Legit? I'm scared, not for me but for my family, I cannot lose my home, what do I do?
#11124 by Clair Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:57 pm
Hi Mydrums, Welcome to Scamwarners, but very sorry to hear that you were the victim of a scam. As you can tell by the number of victim postings in this thread, you are not alone and you should not feel embarrassed.

Unfortunately you will not be getting that money back and there is not much the police can do. You should report it to the FBI and to the Canadian officials. For the FBI, you will need to look up info for your local office and also report the crime to the internet crime center of the FBI, which can be found here: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx Here is the link to the Canadian site for reporting fraud: https://www.recol.ca/intro.aspx

You also need to be aware of the fact that you could now be a victim of identity theft. If you gave them any of your bank account information, please call your bank right away and get the account number changed. Here is a link to the FTC website on identity theft: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/idtheft/

Another site that might be able to help is Fraud aid: http://www.fraudaid.com/

As for your house payment, you should call your mortgage company and tell them what happened too. Since you reported it to the police, you can supply them with a police report to back up your story. The mortgage company might be willing to work out some kind of alternative payment arrangement for you. Regarding recommending a lender, I suggest walking into your local bank and trying to get a loan through them. Do not trust the loan companies that are advertising online.
#11917 by Electronic Crimes Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:47 am
The Cambridge Massachusetts Police Department has begun an investigation into Cedarview Lending Group, which states that it is conducting business in our city. If you have sent money via Moneygram or Western Union to Cedarview, please contact the detective below. Our agency recommends that you file a police report with the police department for the city/town that you reside in. We are in the process of compiling a list of victims who have sent money to this company.

Detective Brian O'Connor
Major Crime Unit - Electronic Crimes
125 Sixth Street
Cambridge, MA 02142

617-349-9307

[email protected]
#11918 by Jillian Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:49 pm
Hello Electronic Crimes and welcome here. Thank you for your post. I will direct all victims to contact the detective named in your post.

@Readers: I have checked Electronic Crimes' information, he is a legitimate representative of the Cambridge, Mass. police. Please do contact him if you have lost money in this lending scam claiming to be in Massachusetts.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#11919 by Jen37 Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:15 pm
Hello Everyone. I pretty much gave up after some time but am feeling hopeful that someone in Cambridge, MA actually cares enough to do something. My scam company Avenue Financial Group claimed to be based out of Garden City, NY. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help on my end. Thanks.