Advance fee loan scams and fraudulent loan sites.
#409052 by uBQ Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:08 am
I received this email . I knew very quickly that it was phishing and fraudulent. I did not client on the link. I copy and paste the link in virus search and it showed no virus. I click reply to the phishing email. The email showed this email "[email protected]" in which is different from the email sent . This is a MAJOR RED FLAG!

So I contact the legit bank First Trust AIB. Their fraud alert time responded back less than a day. Please review thieves message and the legit First Trust AIB response to the thieves message.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 5:52 PM
Subject: Public Announcement!,
To: >

Public Announcement!,

Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, we understood that many businesses will face financial crisis overtime and for that reason we introducing an Express Loan funding at 2% interest only in any region of the world as long as our ROI can be guaranteed and no default in repayment. We will also grant 24 months grace before the loan repayment begins. Visit https://www.firsttrustaib.com/apply_loan.php for more details and send us your business outline stating amount needed for the project.

Matthew mark
First Trust AIB Funding Group Unit

Stay Quarantined! Wash your hands often with soap/alcohol-based hand sanitizer and running water for at least 20 seconds.

----------------------------forward----------------------------

Thank you for your email. The emails you have been receiving are called "Phishing" e-mails. They are fraudulent mails sent to random email addresses by criminals in the hope of reaching AIB Customers and obtaining your personal and or banking details. While they may appear to come from us, this is not the case.
You should be aware that some of the fraudulent (Phishing) emails that you may receive, may appear to have the following email addresses displayed in the "From" section e.g.

[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]

Both of these email addresses are legitimate AIB email addresses. In these cases, the criminals are covering their real email address with a legitimate AIB email address, in the hope of bypassing spam filters and tricking you into responding to the fraudulent (phishing) email.
Please do not respond to, click any links or open any attachments in these fraudulent emails. To protect our customers, we get these fraudulent sites closed down.

Please note that AIB never asks customers to enter their AIB Phone & Internet Banking Personal Access Code or AIB Card Reader or Code Card codes through email or in a link from an email or text.
If you are concerned that you may have entered your details into any website or popup, even it if appears to have been an AIB website, please contact our Customer Service Advisers immediately on 0818 724 724 (or from outside Ireland on +353 1 771 24 24Call: +353 1 771 24 24).

Please do not hesitate to email us, if you would like to discuss this further. You can also visit our security centre at http://www.aib.ie/securitycentre for more ways to stay safe online.

We appreciate you taking the time to inform us of this mail.

On Behalf Of,

AIB Internet Alert Team
Last edited by AlanJones on Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotes for clarity
Advertisement