Advance fee loan scams and fraudulent loan sites.
Advertisement

#11039 by Clair Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:06 pm
I will update the list soon. Here is one more company to add for now:
Morland Global Credit
US OFFICE
910 Albany Ave
Hartford, CT

CANADIAN OFFICE
#1723 - 595 Burrard St.
Vancouver, BC
V7X 1C4
[email protected]
http://www.morlandglobalcredit.com
(800) 877-1994

Here is another one:
CedarVeiw Lending Group
465 Masschuettes
Cambridge,MA
Phone # 800-690-5791
#12072 by Clair Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:50 pm
New currently active loan scam companies. I will update the list soon.

Omni Lending Group
http://omnilendinggroup.net/
26 Valley Rd Suite 366
Middletown, Rhode Island, 02842
Email: [email protected]

Prevathon Lending
1 International Place Suite 1025
Boston, Massachusetts, 02110

Castle Point Lending Group
5307 Limestone Suite 50
Brampton, Ontario,
Canada
Phone: 866-431-8415Ext 232
Fax: 866-431-8415

Express Financial, LLC
525 King Street
Toronto, Ontario, m6t2f4
Canada
Phone: 866-947-8885
Fax: 866-947-8884

Carson Lending Group
615 Griswold Street Suite 1100
Detroit, Michigan, 48226
Phone: 888-832-5765 ext370
Fax: 313-447-2005

Blue Star Lending
http://www.bluestarlendinggroup.com
Portland, Maine,
1-800-854-6128

Chambord Lending Group
http://chambordlendinggroup.com/
#12610 by Clair Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:33 pm
A search from some of the content of http://www.number1finance.net which was reported by a potential victim, found these other additional fake sites:

These key words put into a Google search: "recognizes that not everyone has perfect credit. That's why our personal loans are designed to fit many financial situations and budgets." Found the following fake loan company websites. These sites have recent registration, even though they claim to have been in business for a while. They ask for information on an insecure form and have missing or questionable contact details:

#
Home - SmartChoice
Feb 2, 2009 ... Smart Choice Financial recognizes that not everyone has perfect credit. That's why our personal loans are designed to fit many financial situations and budgets. We will work with you to possibly ... Getting a personal loan with bad credit can be a confusing prospect. Read our informational articles ...
smartchoicefg.com/ - Cached - Similar -
#
Orlen Credit Group
Orlen Credit Group recognizes that not everyone has perfect credit. That's why our personal loans are designed to fit many financial situations and budgets. ...
orlencg.com/ - Cached - Similar -
#
PRIME TIME FINANCIAL INVESTMENT :: Get the extra cash you need ...
recognizes that not everyone has perfect credit. That's why our personal loans are designed to fit many financial situations and budgets. ...
primetimefinancialinvestment.com/ - Cached - Similar -
#
Parkside Financial Management
Parkside Financial Management recognizes that not everyone has perfect credit. That's why our personal loans are designed to fit just about any situation ...
parksidefmg.com/ - Cached - Similar -
#13216 by briebeans Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:01 am
-I was a victim of Metrowide Lending Group. Because of these jerks :evil: , my family has suffered so much. I had to borrow the money of the Advanced payment from my parents, who are retired. They got me so good. I must have had my name changed to Tootsie Pop, because I was a big sucker. I guess that now, I have learned my lesson. But I have one of the phone number that wasn't listed. I can only hope that it will help. Here it is: 416-958-0000. I only pray that this won't happen to anyone else.

Briebeans :mrgreen:
#13217 by Ralph Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:11 am
Hi Briebeans

Welcome to Scamwarners

I am sorry to hear you have lost money to these people, unfortunately you are not the first and nor will you be the last.

The additional information you have provided may well prevent somebody else from being scammed so thank you.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask
#15244 by Jillian Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:01 pm
Hi MrsSS and welcome. I'm sorry to hear that you were scammed. Please do read the informational topic here that explains about Advance Fee Loan scams and let us know if you have any questions. If you have not already done so, please report the crime to your local police. They may not be able to do much but it is good to have it reported. Please also read information about identity theft defense here: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/idtheft/
In the application process with the scammers, you likely provided enough information for them to steal your identity.

There appears to be a website associated with the name you mention, here: http://braslerfinancialgroup.com/main.htm

Were you scammed through this site? If so, please send me a copy of emails you have, we may be able to try to get it shut down, though the loan scam sites are sometimes very difficult to work on, as you may be able to tell by the list here.

Here is the registration period for that site:

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 29-Sep-2009.
Record expires on 29-Sep-2010.
Record created on 29-Sep-2009.

Note that it was JUST opened at the end of September 2009.

Thank you for taking the time to post here, the information you provided may help to save others. Good luck to you.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#15495 by misty Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:18 am
i was scammed by flemmington fiance it has been two years and at the time i was broke and desperate .. i called and begged for my money back.they were rude i told them i was a single mom barely making it.they dnt care. is there anything we can do?.. i would love to get it back .. but i know it wont happn. i tried to write to local news but they careless...i get so angry the got away with it.please tell me theres somethn or someone that can help go after them
#15496 by The Enchantress Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:01 pm
Welcome to scamwarners misty.

I am sorry you were taken advantage of by these callous, uncaring and unscrupulous thieves.

I am disheartened too that the press were uninterested.

I can think of a number of ways to get your own back.

1 ) Read up here and elsewhere - learn about scammers and their methods.

2 ) Write up and post an account here, and elsewhere on the web, telling/advising/warning others.

3 ) Spread the word to friends and family, in fact anyone at all, about scammers and on-line safety/awarness.

4 ) Forgive yourself - each and everyone of us makes mistakes, but by being positive we can and do make a difference to the benefit of many.

<hugs>

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#27669 by princessofmirth Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Granite-lending.com

I just got an e mail from this company. a Whois search confirms what I thought- this may be a rebadged scam company.
The contact is Jeremy Hunt , but curiously, the website is owned by Mkj Marketing, a funeral home business based in Largo,Florida (US) ALso interesting is the fact that they own over 200 other domains under this registrar, and have changed IP's at least 3 times in as many years. Here is a different twist: they will ask you to go to a website called creditreport.com, I'm assuming this is another website owned by MKJ Marketing. The credit report website will ask you to use your credit card for "credit reporting services". I don't trust them and I am not going to use my credit card on this site, as I fear they will bleed me dry. Does anyone have a similar experience with this company? :?:
#27670 by Dotti Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:57 pm
Ooh, it's beloved creditreport.com again :roll:

That company, though officially legitimate, has turned up in a variety of scams. The last time it came up here on Scamwarners was in the context of a fake property rental scam.

Freecreditreport.com runs the typical "get your credit report free, but in exchange, we'll sign you up for a trial credit monitoring program". If you don't cancel, your credit card will be charged monthly. The site gives you cancellation instructions, but many users report that cancellation just doesn't go as smoothly as it should, and they find themselves battling months of charges.

The company has an affiliate program, and affiliates get a fee for each person who gets sucked into the credit monitoring program. A quick check shows the current fee is $24 per person. Suffice it to say that the company doesn't believe in looking too deeply at how the affiliate gets you to click. So basically, scammer creates a fake loan, sends you to the site to get your credit report to qualify for it, you enter your info, and if you don't cancel on time, the scammer gets $24. If he does this to even a hundred people, that's $2400 in his pocket. It's not the typical "send a payment by western union" scam, but it is a scam nonetheless.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.