Advance fee loan scams and fraudulent loan sites.
#58971 by seeking answers Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:37 pm
I sit here reading these forums and unfortunately I have been trying desperately to also find a loan, I was just scammed by Rockwell Financial group in Minnesota. Has hurt us financially ALOT. Has anyone been able to find a way to get their money back? Their phone and site is down now to no surprise. I have the name and location as to where the money was sent, is there a way we can get them too? This is serious and we need to find answers. Is there anything I can do, can anyone help with this?
Advertisement

#58972 by John DeLaney Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:49 pm
Hi Seeking answers.

Firstly, how was the money sent? If it was by Western Union or Moneygram, then the plain blunt answer is that your money is gone and will never be recovered.

If it was through your bank, you stand some chance of recovery, but you will need to go to your bank immediately with all the correspondence and sending information, and the receiving account details.

Also, please report this to your local Law Enforcement as well. They may not offer any help, but having it reported will help you further down the track.

Please post up more details if you can, dates and any correspondence you still have from Rockwell

edit: http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/ge ... 15533.html Rockwell have a bad reputation already it seems.

John DeLaney
#59006 by jolly_roger Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:03 am
Very sad to read of your predicament.
I know this info comes far too late in your case but Rockwell does not fair very well, from what it seems.
The phone number is disconnected and an alert has been placed upon the business!
On a scale of A+ down to F, Rockwell scores an F rating.
Estimated value of the domain is $0 USD and makes $0 USD a day!
Domain Name:ROCKWELLFINANCIAL.ORG
Created On:15-Jun-2011 21:02:33 UTC
Last Updated On:16-Jun-2011 00:06:06 UTC
Expiration Date:15-Jun-2012 21:02:33 UTC
Registrant ID:ONLC-4432021-4
Registrant Name:John Alton
Registrant Organization:rockwell group
Registrant Street1:800 LaSalle Avenue
Registrant City:Minneapolis
Registrant State/Province:MN
Registrant Postal Code:55402
Registrant Country:US

Also there is a mention in the thread on the page viewtopic.php?f=35&t=20045
As John suggested, please add more details if possible because it will help others in future.
#59133 by seeking answers Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:22 pm
Unfortunately they got a few thousand dollars from me. I did check them out first...seemed legitimate. Also website, business email, business phone, everything!I was hesitant on western union but because the research I did make them look safe I followed through. I even asked dozens of questions wording them differently at different times. No hesitation, no change in voice, no password or pin given to collect from from western union. NO red flags at all.. These guys are clearing no new to this.
The funds were for prepayments on a loan I was suppose to be receiving with in 24 hours after payments sent.
I do have all documentation, emails, phone calls etc. I have not given up on this. I was financially in trouble before....now its EVEN WORSE! I need to keep trying.There has to be someone that can help. I am so ashamed and discouraged with this because I am always so careful, I still can't believe it. All I wanted to do was better myself...instead I just made it worse. I am beginning to see why people give up and just walk away. You need to better yourself financially and due to past problems there are no honest people that will give you the time of day for a loan. Only the scammers!
#59182 by jolly_roger Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:54 am
It is unfortunate deceptive type lending companies are a huge problem. If you have sent money through western union / moneygram to the company, I'm afraid recovery is highly unlikely. It would be good to file a report with the Police, and then your complaint is on file.
Is there a Citizens Advice Bureau within your proximity that may be able to help? Perhaps there is a low cost Legal aid office you could visit? A Community type centre may be able to point you in the correct direction, if there is one nearby. It is clear you are in need of help.
The list of fraudulant financial companies is quite extensive from what I saw.
#59401 by seeking answers Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:10 pm
I have not given up yet, I reported them to the FBI for online fraud, fraud.org, local authorities and western union so there are people trying to help. All I can do is hope they catch them. There was no password or pin number given so western union said they had to show ID to get the money so hopefully that will help too.
#59429 by Bubbles Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:27 am
Hello Seeking Answers. Have you checked to see if the money has been picked up yet? If not there is a way to pull the money back. I am also sorry you got scammed. If the money HAS been picked up, there is no recourse.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#59444 by seeking answers Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:01 am
yes it has been picked up already, I know there isn't much hope but all I can do is hope they catch them and maybe I will get lucky.