Advance fee loan scams and fraudulent loan sites.
Advertisement

#59066 by Bubbles Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:11 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners GHawk318

The website was created 17 May 2011 and expires 17 May 2012. This means the person who created the site does not plan on being around very long, unlike what you would expect from a legitimate lender. That in itself is enough to be classified as a scam.

This is more evidence this is a scam:
Scam Lender wrote:When is a good time to refinance ?
The best time(s) to refinance your home is when the mortgage rates are you are in need of fast cash for any reason.

It is interesting too that all of their email addresses are "[email protected]".

This is a scam. Go to a lender you can sit down with in their office and talk over your needs and concerns

Remember, "If it sounds too good to be true, it is a SCAM."

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#60339 by Snoopy1 Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:12 pm
Wow, I just got a call from a friend of mine who was just ripted off by these people, $1000, first fee, then $800 then $600...I know I know what the hell was she thinking to fall for this but seriously any suggestions on how to try to get these people, do you call the Attorney Generals office, the police what is a goond next step...I my self am pretty good at social networking and viral marketing I could become their bigest pain. Looking forward to advice...
Thank you in advance.
#60378 by rgram55 Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:06 pm
I was just scammed by the same company or person amy tailor 1600.00 what can I do if anything ,i feel really stupid the paper work and phone calls sound very legit.
#60390 by Bubbles Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:11 am
Welcome to ScamWarners Snoopy1 and rgram55. I am sorry to hear that this scam has worked.

Trying to harass scammers is not really effective. The just block or can turn the tables on you. The best thing is to kill the website. It is also possible to turn the information to the authorities, but scammers are usually quicker than the authorities.

Please tell your friends to do some checking before sending money to someone on the internet. This is particularly true if they ask for a transfer such as Western Union or even a bank transfer.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#60411 by Michael Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:04 am
I can try to get the website closed down. Please send me all the emails and headers you received, as I will need the evidence. If you are unsure how to find headers, please tell me which email provider you use and I'll explain :D

Account inactive - messages are not being monitored
#60416 by rgram55 Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:13 am
I got phone calls from AMY TAILOR 866 542-6377 is there a way to get the money back?
FAX WAS 347-626-2647? money was sent to Jamie Small in toronto onterio
#60443 by rgram55 Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:21 pm
Snoopy1 wrote:Wow, I just got a call from a friend of mine who was just ripted off by these people, $1000, first fee, then $800 then $600...I know I know what the hell was she thinking to fall for this but seriously any suggestions on how to try to get these people, do you call the Attorney Generals office, the police what is a goond next step...I my self am pretty good at social networking and viral marketing I could become their bigest pain. Looking forward to advice...
Thank you in advance.

im with you what can be done i have made a report to canada since that is where i sent money to a jamie small i was told they have to show a driver license to get the money....i have reported to the fraud davision.. i hope your friend does the same..