Advance fee loan scams and fraudulent loan sites.
#12998 by grandmamarilyn53 Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:10 pm
Does anyone know if this lady is a scam? Found her on Craigslist. She wants 95.00 for processing fee in order to get loan. Send the money via western Union to Cynthia Braughton in Boise Idaho. I think scam.
Advertisement

#13002 by Dan Jones Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:58 pm
I would say definitely.

Firstly, no legitimate lending company would use gmail.
Secondly, you should never have to wire money through instant money transfer in order to get a loan.

Have a read of our introduction to loan scams HERE
#13051 by Ralph Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:11 am
Hi Grandma Marilyn

Welcome to scamwarners

This one is definately a scam

A search on the email address will reveal other examples of the same scammer Click Here

The hits include several advertisements including this one Click Here

DO YOU NEED FUND FOR BIZ OR FOR ANYTHING AND HAVE BEEN TURNED DOWN? (ALL)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-08-01, 11:53PM EDT
Reply to: see below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DO YOU NEED CASH FOR BUSINESS OR FOR ANY THING AND HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO GET CASH COS OF YOUR BAD CREDIT OR COS OF ANY OTHER REASONS. ARE YOU STILL BEING TURNED DOWN EACH TIME YOU SEEK FOR CASH? I CAN GIVE YOU CASH IN A LESS STRESSFUL WAY AND IT WON'T NEED TO GO INTO YOUR CREDIT.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1301305071

Please be extremely careful when looking for a loan, there are many scam loan companies advertising on sites such as Craigslist, I recommend steering clear of all of them.

Another thing to be careful of is any loan company that needs you to pay fees by Western Union, no legitimate company will expect you to do that

I will move your post to the Loan scams forum where there are many other examples of this type of scam