Advance fee loan scams and fraudulent loan sites.
#7823 by Jasmine56 Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:09 am
These people are something--they want to appear 'Christian'.

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from noehlo.host ([127.0.0.1])
by mx-ailes.atl.sa.earthlink.net (EarthLink SMTP Server) with SMTP id 1lDVo25mI3Nl36r4; Sun, 1 Mar 2009 18:47:58 -0500 (EST)
Received: from mail-bw0-f160.google.com ([209.85.218.160])
by mx-ailes.atl.sa.earthlink.net (EarthLink SMTP Server) with ESMTP id 1lDVo075x3Nl36r1; Sun, 1 Mar 2009 18:47:57 -0500 (EST)
Received: by bwz4 with SMTP id 4so1161739bwz.1
for <multiple recipients>; Sun, 01 Mar 2009 15:47:56 -0800 (PST)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=googlemail.com; s=gamma;
h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject
:from:to:content-type;
bh= Snipped domain key - Ralph
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws;
d=googlemail.com; s=gamma;
h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;
b= Snipped
MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by 10.223.119.5 with SMTP id x5mr5448220faq.40.1235951276291; Sun,
01 Mar 2009 15:47:56 -0800 (PST)
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 15:47:56 -0800
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
To: jameclaude <[email protected]>
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=001636c5a8d1c87bcd046417546e
X-ELNK-Received-Info: spv=0;
X-ELNK-AV: 0
X-ELNK-Info: sbv=5; sbrc=-3; sbf=bb; sbw=000;

I am not sure how much of the header to include. I recieved this one this morning.

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end....(Ursela LeGuin)
Advertisement

#18820 by BearBryant Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:35 am
Willing to help!!!?
Sent: Mon 12/14/09 9:47 AM
To: jameclaude ([email protected])

My Dear in Christ,

After going through your article on the Internet I feel for you not knowing our company way before now. Having gone through your remarkable profile on the Internet I thought it to be a good initiative getting to contact you via e-mail.

Although, Internet has been greatly abused; I choose to reach you through it because it still remains the fastest, optimum, and quasi-surest medium of communication so far: despite all the ordeals individuals, co-operate bodies, firms and several others has undergone including our company- the cyber-tragedy and ill-fated chaos nestled in the domains of some atrocious sets of human beings who perpetrate the ugly and highly-rated evil act of scam, there exists genuine and candid establishment and sets of individuals who are out to help and make little or no benefits.

Amend Finance company remains yet outstanding. However, mentioning emphatically here, this correspondence is stanch official and non-private but unique, therefore this tender should be treated as such of importance to you as it is to us. We guarantee you that this communiqué is hitch free from all what you may think. There is nothing related to swindle or stunt cuddled up in this institution.

I am Mr. James Claude, Agent of AMEND FINANCE COMPANY. We are a facilitation of the Amend House in the USA. I am contacting you based on company's intentions. The aims and objectives of our company exclusively concentrated on financial rehabilitation of people who need loans, all kinds of loan: individual loan; business loan; mortgage loan and most importantly start-up loan for pastors or ministers of the Gospel soliciting for helping hands fiscally to put up a church of their own or contribute to the development in their churches or trigger an event or convergence.

The motive of creating AMEND FINANCE COMPANY initially was to make ends meet for all Christians worldwide but we later realized helping Christians alone was not the only teaching of the Lord Jesus. So, we had to make it Uniform as the Lord says:” Help others as you would love yourself". Therefore, every individual is entitle to a loan from us provided there is need for it and there is availability of paying it back after or within 5 years with 2% interest rate.

N.B: NO UPFRONT FEES ATTACHED AS NO LEGAL LOAN INSTITUTION TAKES UPFRONT FEES.
AMEND FINANCE has been operating for a decade.
This humble, God-fearing and spirit-filled company is matchless. AMEND FINANCE COMPANY is dotted all over the world with strikingly recognized headquarters in Europe, Asia and Africa; to facilitate the glorious mantle of this esteemed company.

I look forward to helping you further.

Thank you,

Pastor James.

+447035947431
FAX(US ZONAL DISTRICT): 1-484-465-9048.

Re: Willing to help!!!?
Sent: Mon 12/14/09 6:06 PM

Dear Intending client,

Like I told you earlier,our main service is to provide loans to each and every individual with a good citizenship records who are in dire need of it and that can be rest assured of paying it back.
First and formost,you must be honest enough to yourself and you must show that we can trust you.
To get a loan from us goes through the following terms and conditions:
1) The minimum of loan is $3,000USD while the maximum is $1,000,000USD.
2) You are to payback the loan within the next 5 years with 5% interest on the total amount of consignment(Loan).
3) You will payback the loan either monthly or in a lump sum but should not exceed 5 years time(except a time of grace would be negotiated if neccessary).
If you agree with the following terms,please do get to my boss at: [email protected] or [email protected] for the application form.

As a reputable company here,I can give you contact of our past customers as a referee so that you may query our legitimacy from them.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Pastor James.
+447035947431.

that is the email I got and this is what scam-o+matic said

* An email address mentioned inside this email has been used in a known fraud before.
* This email looks like an Advance Fee Fraud (419 scam). You can post it in the online forum of Fraudwatchers.org to find out for sure. Please also see our 419 FAQ. Remember: If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
* The following phrases should put you on alert:
o ",000,000":
they want you to be blinded by the prospect of quick money, but the only money that ever changes hands in 419 scams is from you to the criminals
o "god-fearing ":
scammers in West Africa like to use religious phrases
* This email lists mobile phone numbers. Use of such numbers is typical for scams because they allow criminals to conceal their true location. They can receive calls in an Internet cafe from where they send you emails, while pretending to be in some office.
o +447035947431 (UK, redirects to a mobile phone in another country)
* This email lists free webmail addresses. Besides personal use for legitimate purposes, use of such addresses is also typical for scams. NOTE: Lotteries, banks, government agencies and any but the smallest of companies do not normally use such addresses. Criminals use them to anonymously send and receive email at Internet cafes.
o [email protected] (email address has been used in a known fraud before)
o [email protected] (Googlemail; can be used from anywhere worldwide)

Be very leery I guess of emails like this one.
Last edited by BearBryant on Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#18823 by Arnold Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:23 am
Hi and welcome to Scamwarners.
It's certainly a scam for the reasons already given. There's also the odd English used.
You might want to edit your post to remove your email address and PM an admin to change your ID to something more anonymous. It save time if you suggest a name in the PM.
We don't advise using real life details here.

#18897 by Ralph Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:17 am
Hi Bear

thank you for posting the information on this scammer, I have merged your posts to a previous topic on the same scammer, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask
#29869 by novotnygm Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:42 pm
I think it is a scam and googled the name. Your website came up. This is the email I received today:

Do you have the belief in Christ to handle your financial problems????
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: Thu 6/03/10 12:11 PM
To:

My Dear in Christ, After going through your article on the Internet I feel for you notknowing our company way before now. Having gone through yourremarkable profile on the Internet I thought it to be a goodinitiative getting to contact you via e-mail. Although, Internet has been greatly abused; I choose to reach youthrough it because it still remains the fastest, optimum, andquasi-surest medium of communication so far: despite all the ordealsindividuals, co-operate bodies, firms and several others has undergoneincluding our company- the cyber-tragedy and ill-fated chaos nestledin the domains of some atrocious sets of human beings who perpetratethe ugly and highly-rated evil act of scam, there exists genuine andcandid establishment and sets of individuals who are out to help andmake little or no benefits. Amend Finance company remains yet outstanding. However, mentioningemphatically here, this correspondence is stanch official andnon-private but unique, therefore this tender should be treated assuch of importance to you as it is to us. We guarantee you that thiscommuniqué is hitch free from all what you may think. There is nothingrelated to swindle or stunt cuddled up in this institution. I am Mr. James Claude, Agent of AMEND FINANCE COMPANY. We are afacilitation of the Amend House in the USA. I am contacting you basedon company's intentions. The aims and objectives of our companyexclusively concentrated on financial rehabilitation of people whoneed loans, all kinds of loan: individual loan; business loan;mortgage loan and most importantly start-up loan for pastors orministers of the Gospel soliciting for helping hands fiscally to putup a church of their own or contribute to the development in theirchurches or trigger an event or convergence. The motive of creating AMEND FINANCE COMPANY initially was to makeends meet for all Christians worldwide but we later realized helpingChristians alone was not the only teaching of the Lord Jesus. So, wehad to make it Uniform as the Lord says:” Help others as you wouldlove yourself". Therefore, every individual is entitle to a loan fromus provided there is need for it and there is availability of payingit back after or within 5 years with 2% interest rate. N.B: NO UPFRONT FEES ATTACHED AS NO LEGAL LOAN INSTITUTION TAKES UPFRONT FEES.AMEND FINANCE has been operating for a decade.This humble, God-fearing and spirit-filled company is matchless. AMENDFINANCE COMPANY is dotted all over the world with strikinglyrecognized headquarters in Europe, Asia and Africa; to facilitate theglorious mantle of this esteemed company. I look forward to helping you further. Thank you, Pastor James. +447035947431FAX(US ZONAL DISTRICT): 1-484-465-9048.
#29883 by Jillian Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:50 am
Hi novotnygm. I'm glad you searched and found us. Welcome. :D
Yes, it's a definite scam. The language is a bit different than we often see with loan scams, but it's a scam nonetheless. I think the scammer was trying to sound fancy with lines like this:

There is nothing related to swindle or stunt cuddled up in this institution.

But the effect he achieved is that the email just sounds odd. Despite his claims that there are no up front fees, I'm sure that would change if you were to start applying for the supposed loan. You can read information about advance fee loan scams in this thread on our forum: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3225

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners