Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#270431 by petscamfinder Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:04 pm
[email protected] posing as ' Robin Smith ', living in Baltimore MD.

Posted puppy ad for labrador retrievers but after contacting thru ad on cracker.com they wouldn't give a phone number to arrange a meeting with the pups. When I asked to meet the puppies, the email trail ran cold.

[email protected] Posing as ' Belian Katrine ' - 'Belian' actually translates to 'purchase' in Malaysian. Not sure if that's relevant though. Gave sob story of their child died so they want to give best home to husky puppies. Only had 'one male and one female left' like most of them say.
Last edited by petscamfinder on Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#270432 by Bryon Williams Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:08 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Can you please post the emails sent you. Remove your personal information prior to submitting. Also post any fake shipper emails/email address and fake websites.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#270516 by petscamfinder Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:43 am
Hello my friend,
Thanks so much for the mail of interest regarding the puppies we have .. We have female and male puppies now available and they are 13 weeks old , they have very good temperament with kids and other pets, very playful love to play around with toys and kids , they are health guaranteed and registered ...... they are also up to date on all their shots and will be coming along side with their health papers and vet records ...... We have just relocated and will be transporting the puppies from here so we want to let you know that we are given these puppies out because we are busy all the time. they are young and need care and love , they get so lonely during the day when we go to work and our kids also go to school. We can't keep them here in such condition because all the time they feel so lonely and i fell for them. So we want to give them out to a lovely and caring home , where they can be treated as such and keep us updated on monthly progress . hope you understand we love this puppies so much and we are going to miss them so badly and we cannot keep them with us due to our condition of work so below are just some few question we asked.

Where are you located ?
Do you have any kids ?
Have you ever own a pet before ?
Are you a breeder ?
Why are you interested on this breed ?
How soon do you need the puppies over ?
A contact name or number will be appreciated .

Sorry for all the question , but we just want to be sure that the puppies are going to the right home and they will be having all the love and attention they need .
thanks Best Regards .
Awaiting your response

Am in Baltimore, MD

Where are you located ?
Do you have any kids ?
Have you ever own a pet before ?
Are you a breeder ?
Why are you interested on this breed ?
How soon do you need the puppies over ?
A contact name or number will be appreciated .

No i have just once male and a female one

Hello my friend ,
We have decided to hand over Nelly and Kelly to you, and the total transport cost that you are going to pay is $500 for transportation and home delivery and since the puppies already have their passport and all health documents so please you do not need to worry because the puppies will be coming with all document , play toys and their hand booklet that will help to show you how to take care of the puppies okay. so i will need your full address to have the puppies registered here in Baltimore for your home address so please send me your address as below and since the airport here offer door to door home delivery , you do not need to worry because they will be delivering the puppies directly to your home address and it will take just about 5 to 6 hours to get to your home okay.

Full names .....?
State ...............?
City ...............?
Post Code ....?
Contact Number...?
House address ......?
Closest airport .......?

I will be sending the puppies to you any time that you are ready to welcome the puppies in your home okay so i wait for your delivery address as soon as possible , when i register the puppies here the delivery agency will contact you on how to make the payment for them to transport your puppies to your address . since we do not sale puppies all what you pay will be the transport to the delivery company which is just $500 okay.
Thanks and awaiting your reply
#279166 by Almost got taken Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:05 pm
Do not trust a Robin Smith on any site offering free puppies. He is "offering" puppies free of charge because of what ever difficult situation he/ his family are in. Stating that he just wants a good home for his puppy/ puppies to live in since they can not care for them because of 'what ever reason'. He asks for you to pay for the shipment only. Do NOT trust this!

He was offering 1 female and 1 male Beagle. The email used to offer these free puppies is [email protected] and the number he used to contact me through texting is (443)537-9922.

Please investigate more if what is being offered seems to good to be true!!
#279197 by vonpaso xlura Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:18 pm
Please post the email he sent and any websites involved.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#283170 by kaitk Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:42 am
Today I made contact with Robin Smith at [email protected] after seeing an ad online for basset hound puppies. He claimed to be from Baltimore MD. After trading a few emails with him and giving him my address for a "transportation and delivery company" to bring my puppy, I had a strange feeling. The grammar was odd in the email... so was the fact that he wouldn't mention the shipping companies name. Here is the text of one of the emails:

Hello my friend ,
Thanks for the mail once more okay. These puppies are called Nelly and Kelly and they are three months old . I am giving these puppies for adoption because of my recently acquired job as an auditor which requires a lot of my time and entails a lot of traveling . Thus I have little or no time to spend with the puppies . more to that my wife is pregnant and will not be able to care properly for it . I need a home where them will be given all the love and cared and they will have all the attention they needs .

I am currently in my new home in Baltimore, MD and i have spoken with the transportation and delivery company here, which is closer to us here and they said that to transport and deliver the puppies to your home location in , it will cost $400, but if you are interested only in one puppy , then you will have to pay just $250 for the transportation and delivery fee directly to your home, and they can delivery it within 5 to 6 hours after i register the puppy/puppies. so if you're really interested in the puppy/puppies and assure me that you will properly take care of them , get back to me with answers to the questions below

Will you like to take the two puppies or just one ?
And if one the male Nelly or the female Kelly?
Will you be able to pay for the puppy/puppies transportation fee ?
Will you provide me pictures, so I can see how they are doing ?

Thank you very much and you get back to me if you think that you can provide a good home .
kind regards

Thankfully after a quick google search of his email address I realized this was a scam before the process went any further. DO NOT trust Robin Smith or anyone else online with too good to be true puppy listings. BE CAREFUL!
#283173 by kaitk Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:57 am
Forgot to mention the ad was on Classified Ads.com and the phone # he has on there is (443) 342-4207. He also contacted me at (443)252-2438.
#283176 by Bryon Williams Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:09 am
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Thank you for the update.

Did the scammer direct you to any website or fake shipper?

Please buy or adopt your pet locally where you can physically see the pet and meet the owners. Most important making sure the pet is compatible with your family.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#283178 by kaitk Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:15 am
No he didn't direct me anywhere else. I won't be replying to any further messages from him. I won't let him know he's on here- he deserves to be caught.
#283238 by vonpaso xlura Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:16 am
None of those numbers is in Baltimore, nor are any two in the same city. He is not in Maryland. His writing shows that he is African; he is probably in Cameroon.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#283239 by kaitk Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:18 am
Yeah he only said he was from Baltimore. Who knows where he's actually located.