Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#296267 by pxrrynn Thu May 26, 2016 1:43 pm
Hi all!!! I've typed a pretty detailed content of the email that was sent between me and the scammer. It's abit lengthy so if you're not someone who loves to read, you can just skip the content and read the tips!!!!

Email of scammer:
[[email protected]]

Fake Email of the Pet company used:
[[email protected]]

This person [[email protected]] claimed to have a pomeranian up for adoption after seeing my ad on wanting to adopt one. I requested to talk through whatsapp but he/she insisted on using email instead.

He/she sent me a list of questions to answer (most of them about how i would take care of the dog etc to make it look convincing) and asked which country i live in. When i told he/she which country i was from, he/she HAPPENED to be in a different country from mine. So if i wanted to adopt the puppy, I would have to use a pet carrier to sent it over.

After sending me pictures of her pomeranian dogs which can be found online, I recieved an email from [[email protected]]. The email looked authentic but the content of the email looked poorly photoshopped and they even got the breed of the dog wrong. Instead of pomeranian, the email stated that the dog was a maltese.

After not replying her for a day, she pestered me with 3 emails to transfer the money to the pet carrier company ASAP with her sob story that her poor dog is sleeping at the pet carrier company. The pet carrier company uses Western Union payment method, which means that my money will be untrackable once I've paid. :(

I guess it's pretty obvious that this whole thing is a scam. >:(

Here are some tips to help identify a pet scammer!!

1. save the image of the pup that was sent to u and go to images.google.com. use a com/request desktop site (if you're using a phone) and click the camera button beside the search button to insert to picture of the pup to search. once you're done you will see a whole list of pictures that is similar/same as the pup.

2. if you recieved an email from any pet carrier company that requests payment via western union, it's most likely a scam.

3. if you're still unsure, you can always verify with the company by emailing them through their official website.

hope this helps, good day to all. :D
Advertisement

#296268 by Mike Wilson Thu May 26, 2016 1:54 pm
Hello pxrrynn,
Thanks for posting. Please post the email that you received from the scammer that asked all of the questions.

If you received an email asking for a payment please post that email also as the payment information can help alert others who may searching for information on this scammer.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#296296 by pxrrynn Thu May 26, 2016 11:01 pm
hi mike, i've actually posted the email of the scammer already! it's [email protected]. :D

Mike Wilson wrote:Hello pxrrynn,
Thanks for posting. Please post the email that you received from the scammer that asked all of the questions.

If you received an email asking for a payment please post that email also as the payment information can help alert others who may searching for information on this scammer.
#296298 by Mike Wilson Thu May 26, 2016 11:07 pm
Hello,
You did post the email address they used. I am asking you to post the body of the email. Be sure to remove you personal information before posting.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon