Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#311763 by missantsy Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:24 pm
I'm looking for a dog and posted on CL. Here's an email I received back:

On Nov 10, 2016 7:57 AM, "shantal anna" <[email protected]> wrote:
we are in Makanda Illinois 2013 makanda Rd 62958,and its few hrs away my dad's says he will be so happy if u could come and get the puppy from us so that at least we should be able to see each other and know our puppy will be well taken care of the reason i am giving the puppy out is because my dad is sick,he has bone disorder i have to take him this morning to the hospital out of town to the Central Maine Medical Center

The doc said we have to spend maybe a week or two there so there is no one at home to look after the puppy, we really want a good and caring home for our Ella and we have just two options,if we don't find a someone that can assure us of a good home for her,we will only drop her off at the shelter on our way to the hospital this morning

But if u are not close then will have to ship and delivered using the Intence Pet Re-locators Agency and they will bring the puppy right at ur home and all u will pay is $65 we are not selling our puppy, she would have cost more than what we are asking and besides the money is not for us but will be used at the delivery agency to issue the transfer of ownership of the puppy from our names to urs before placing the puppy for delivery.my dad works with the Intence Pet Re-locators Agency and so the Puppy has a Free Shipping anywhere

so u have nothing to worry about shipping cuz my dad works with the agency and the puppy will be well taken care of during delivery so shipping is Free ,the money we are asking will be used to issue the transfer of ownership of the puppy from our names to urs before placing the puppy on the delivery,if you can afford the $65 this morning i will proceed and have the puppy send this morning so that u have the puppy today evening We really want someone like u to have the puppy,someone that has so much love to offer to the puppy"

What a crock! I knew once they said they were out of state it was a scam. The number they gave me was 715-391-9180. Watch out for this person trying to scam you! I didn't send a thing since I was suspicious right off the bat.
Advertisement

#312037 by vonpaso xlura Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:57 am
Thanks for posting!
West African writing
+Russian free email address
+Illinois address written strangely
+Maine hospital
+Wisconsin phone number
------------------------------------
Cameroonian or Nigerian pet scam.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#325338 by Arojo Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:45 am
I was looking for a pitbull on craigslists and i got a txt and email from this person....

we are in 24158 Bowmantown Rd Aldie, VA 20105 and its few hrs away my dad's says he will be so happy if u could come and get the puppy from us so that at least we should be able to see each other and know our puppy will be well taken care of the reason i am giving the puppy out is because my dad is sick,he has bone disorder i have to take him tomorrow morning to the hospital out of town to the Central Virginia Medical Center

The doc said we have to spend maybe a week or two there so there is no one at home to look after the puppy, we really want a good and caring home for our Ella and we have just two options,if we don't find a someone that can assure us of a good home for her,we will only drop her off at the shelter on our way to the hospital tomorrow morning

But if u are not close then will have to ship and delivered using the Intence Pet Re-locators Agency and they will bring the puppy right at ur home and all u will pay is $250 we are not selling our puppy, she would have cost more than what we are asking and besides the money is not for us but will be used at the delivery agency to issue the transfer of ownership of the puppy from our names to urs before placing the puppy for delivery.my dad works with the Intence Pet Re-locators Agency and so the Puppy has a Free Shipping anywhere

so u have nothing to worry about shipping cuz my dad works with the agency and the puppy will be well taken care of during delivery so shipping is Free ,the money we are asking will be used to issue the transfer of ownership of the puppy from our names to urs before placing the puppy on the delivery,if you can afford the $250 today i will proceed and have the puppy send today so that u have the puppy first thing tomorrow morning We really want someone like u to have the puppy,someone that has so much love to offer to the puppy

I called the number and its a texting and messaging app...
Last edited by AlanJones on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotes for clarity
#325502 by vonpaso xlura Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:03 am
What address did he send it from? What phone number did he have you call? Did you get an email address or web URL for Intence Pet Re-locators? Other targets of this scam may be searching for any of these.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#328660 by Jrodg76 Sat May 20, 2017 11:46 pm
yes. shantel tried to get me too but i knew something was a miss. I was looking for a mini aussie, He said the same thing About his dad being sick
#328661 by Mike Wilson Sat May 20, 2017 11:52 pm
Please post the email including the name and email address used. Be sure to remove your personal information before posting.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#329185 by Kelly93bri Sat May 27, 2017 10:12 am
My family pet recently passed so I have been looking for a new dog and made a post on Craigslist... Shantel Anna texted me at 1 in the morning... which was my first red flag. Then texted me back this morning saying they have a 12 week old yorkie they are selling for $250... I told them that I couldn't afford that as I'm looking for a dog that is free as I have everything I need for a dog... they countered with $100 and I told them I would talk to my husband and asked them to send me pictures. To which is received this email:

"
we are in 24158 Bowmantown Rd Aldie, VA 20105 and its few hrs away my dad's says he will be so happy if u could come and get the puppy from us so that at least we should be able to see each other and know our puppy will be well taken care of the reason i am giving the puppy out is because my dad is sick,he has bone disorder i have to take him tomorrow morning to the hospital out of town to the Central Virginia Medical Center

The doc said we have to spend maybe a week or two there so there is no one at home to look after the puppy, we really want a good and caring home for our Ella and we have just two options,if we don't find a someone that can assure us of a good home for her,we will only drop her off at the shelter on our way to the hospital tomorrow morning

But if u are not close then will have to ship and delivered using the Intence Pet Re-locators Agency and they will bring the puppy right at ur home and all u will pay is $100 we are not selling our puppy, she would have cost more than what we are asking and besides the money is not for us but will be used at the delivery agency to issue the transfer of ownership of the puppy from our names to urs before placing the puppy for delivery.my dad works with the Intence Pet Re-locators Agency and so the Puppy has a Free Shipping anywhere

so u have nothing to worry about shipping cuz my dad works with the agency and the puppy will be well taken care of during delivery so shipping is Free ,the money we are asking will be used to issue the transfer of ownership of the puppy from our names to urs before placing the puppy on the delivery,if you can afford the $100 today i will proceed and have the puppy send today so that u have the puppy first thng tomorrow morning We really want someone like u to have the puppy,someone that has so much love to offer to the puppy than dropping her off at the shelter"

Number they used for me was (216) 799-0515.
#329186 by Bryon Williams Sat May 27, 2017 10:17 am
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Is the email address the same as posted above or has it changed.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#330384 by amaestas Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:23 am
I wanted to say thanks. anna just tried to cam me and i had a bad feeling that it was bad news but when i saw the warning on the site it helped so much. i was looking for a small breed dog for my dad for fathers day, he has been looking for a long time for a new service dog and the pictures she sent had him set that he had finely found one. my dad is a army vet and is in need of a new companion, we were so happy that we found a puppy he liked and fit his needs. I had to break the news to him and he is heart broken. i cant believe there are such cold hearted people out there. i have all the text messages and emails of our "transactions". and now she will not stop blowing up my phone. if any one has any tips on what i need to do please let me know.

also she is using two different emails and two different phone numbers using two different names Shantel Anna and Martin Blind
#330385 by Mike Wilson Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:43 am
Hello amaestas,
I am sorry to hear that you are a victim of crime. Ignore or block the telephone calls and emails without responding in any manner. The scammer will eventually go away and look for another victim.
Please post the email that describes the puppy including the email address and telephone numbers currently being used in this scam. This information will help others who may be looking for information about this scam.

Post the email that asked you to send money for the puppy.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#335196 by MommyOf2 Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:31 am
Just tried to get me. 1:30 in the morning feeding me the same story about her dad. +1 (216) 799-0515 Is the phone number she used to text me. I knew it was a scam before she ever sent the 3rd message. I asked for a location because I only adopt dogs from local rescues like I posted in my ad looking for a local husky rescue and she dodged the question with another part of her story so I asked again and was dodged again. So I asked for pictures and was told to check my email. This is what I received:

we are in 24158 Bowmantown Rd Aldie,VA 20105 and its few hrs away my
dad's says he will be so happy if u could come and get the puppy from
us so that at least we should be able to see each other and know our
puppy will be well taken care of the reason i am giving the puppy out
is because we are berief,and we just had a funeral yesterday,my dad is
sick,he has bone disorder i have to take him tomorrow morning to the
hospital out of town to the Central Virginia Medical Center

The doc said we have to spend maybe a week or two there so there is
no one at home to look after the puppy, we really want a good and
caring home for our Ella and we have just two options,if we don't
find a someone that can assure us of a good home for her,we will only
drop her off at the shelter on our way to the hospital tomorrow
morning

But if u are not close then will have to ship and delivered using the
Intence Pet Re-locators Agency and they will bring the puppy right at
ur home and all u will pay is $375 we are not selling our puppy, she
would have cost more than what we are asking and besides the money is
not for us but will be used at the delivery agency to issue the
delivery papers of the puppy from our names to urs before placing the
puppy for delivery.my dad works with the Intence Pet Re-locators
Agency and so the Puppy has a Free Shipping anywhere

so u have nothing to worry about shipping cuz my dad works with the
agency and the puppy will be well taken care of during delivery so
shipping is Free ,the money we are asking will be used to issue the
delivery papers of the puppy from our names to urs before placing the
puppy on the delivery,if you can afford the $375 in the morning i will
proceed and have the puppy send in the morning so that u have the
puppy later tomorrow evening We really want someone like u to have the
puppy,someone that has so much love to offer to the puppy

[email protected] Is the email she used to send this to me.
#342098 by Duckie Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:49 pm
Thanks, my story is the same. Email response to Craigslist ad for pet and got some cute pictures of the "dog" with a little girl. Search brought me to this site and of course saved me some bother with a scammer.