Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#331856 by Gynnyper Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:46 pm
My parents tried to buy my a pug puppy for my birthday. They got the information off of a facebook site. A picture of 2 puppies. 1 black, the other white. The puppy is purebred, with papers, comes with 1st shots, and is microchiped...and "other stuff" that is sent with the puppy on delivery. Red flags went up all over the place. Especially when they said the puppy costs nothing, you only pay for the delivery/shipping charge. $102.00

The "lady" wouldn't talk to us on the phone. Always in meetings or something. She only communicated by email. Not very well. Her style kept changing, like more than one person was writing the messages. No capitals at all in one, all periods after every single word in the next. Loved run on sentences with no periods at all in the next ones, with capitals thrown in here as there at the wrong time. It was odd...

Then you had to make a wire transfer through Western union. It had to be them. Then suddenly I was being hit up for more money if I didn't act fast enough. She also said tell the western union that you know me well so there won't be any problems with the transfer.

She called them her babies and she was looking for a forever home for them. When you asked her questions, she wouldn't answer them. Or she didn't understand. The puppies were suppose to be delivered by this VIP pet taxi service. Only I looked it up and there was none for where they said. The logo and name was similar to others you can find on Google for the UK or the states. So be warned. They caused alot of trouble in my house.

When I told them they were a scam. They became silent. These people were emailing me every 2 minutes looking for the here money transfer. I promised to post them and warn others. :D
Advertisement

#331871 by Mike Wilson Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:48 pm
Hello and thanks for posting here on Scamwarners. Please post the full emails where they asked for money to be sent. Be sure to remove your personal information before posting.

If you have any additional questions about this scam please ask.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon