Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#333748 by SugarGliderGal Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:07 pm
My daughter got taken in by a scammer posting Sugar Gliders for sale, listing had a $Zero price. I have found at least 3 listings on petclassifieds.us that appear to be from the same scammer. I have notified the website as well as IC3 - in some cases the phone number or the photos are the same as were provided to my daughter.

Here are images they are using - Image Image Image Image

And here is a screenshot of one of their ads:

Anything you can do to shut these people down is greatly appreciated - although I'm sure they'll never be found.
Advertisement

#333749 by Mike Wilson Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:12 pm
Thanks for posting the images used by the scammer. Please post the email address and telephone number being used in this scam to help others find this post.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#333752 by SugarGliderGal Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:44 pm
Phone #s being used as follows:

1-912-303-7684 -- Atlanta Georgia
1-410-346-1801 -- Minnesota
1-469-463-6641 -- Dallas TX
1-303-578-7559 -- Denver

Names they are using are:
Tioveh Emmanuel Ntsengue
Fanzy Campbell
Celia Bales

Email address that has been used:
[email protected]
[email protected]

The original ad on petclassifieds.us has been removed just now - a couple hours after we started calling the people.

Virtually all communication was done via text messages with my daughter - who is developmentally delayed; so she was a prime target. Good thing we keep her very short on cash.

I've contacted you guys, IPATA, IC3 - who else? I live in the US, my daughter is up in Canada for the summer. FBI? ICC? I've also called the Atlanta airport freight department; as well as the Canadian pet import people. Both of who said this was a scam.

I know we won't get her money back - and there's probably no way these people will get found. But spread the word!!
#333753 by Mike Wilson Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:46 pm
For victims in Canada file a report with RCMP. Thank you for posting the additional contact information. This will help others avoid this scam.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#348402 by Luna95 Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:08 pm
SugarGliderGal wrote:Phone #s being used as follows:

1-912-303-7684 -- Atlanta Georgia
1-410-346-1801 -- Minnesota
1-469-463-6641 -- Dallas TX
1-303-578-7559 -- Denver

Names they are using are:
Tioveh Emmanuel Ntsengue
Fanzy Campbell
Celia Bales

Email address that has been used:
[email protected]
[email protected]

The original ad on petclassifieds.us has been removed just now - a couple hours after we started calling the people.

Virtually all communication was done via text messages with my daughter - who is developmentally delayed; so she was a prime target. Good thing we keep her very short on cash.

I've contacted you guys, IPATA, IC3 - who else? I live in the US, my daughter is up in Canada for the summer. FBI? ICC? I've also called the Atlanta airport freight department; as well as the Canadian pet import people. Both of who said this was a scam.

I know we won't get her money back - and there's probably no way these people will get found. But spread the word!!

They just tried to get me over in New England! I googled the name they gave me "Tioveh Emmanuel Ntsengue" and bam here it was! They are now making a story about how she lost her mother in a tragic car accident, and inherited the gliders from her mother, but she has to call her father in japan to get you "approved" and they only called once that I answered. It's primarily been text messages. They offered to have 4 different sugies, jojo, queen, and two others I sadly cannot remember. They have since took the craigslist ad down.
If I hadn't been well versed in manipulation tactics or even scam tactics in general, i could have been ripped off for 190$ for just trying to get a partner for my sugie who lost his brother this past weekend.
the number they used was: (720) 534-3170 , craigslist stated they were from Atlanta, Georgia; but the number belongs to a colorado phone!