Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#336426 by Janelizz Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:13 am
So I saw this add on Craigslist about 2 Sphynx kittens, they said they had all their shots and were spayed. She was asking $400 rehoming fee for each and had a phone number (with a USA are code) I texted the number and she sent me more pictures and told me they were in Ohio and were going to ship the kitten and we agreed on $320 instead of $400. She told me to send the money through Walmart and told me that it was safe and to make sure to take a recipe she sent me her full name and address and asked for my information to ship the kitten. I told her that I was a bit paranoid and she said she completely understood telling me that the agency should give me a call as soon as the cat was registered and that they were using GlobalAirCargoCarriers and said that tomorrow morning she'd register the kitten "she'll come with her vet documents and some of hers toys" now I haven't sent any money at all I just want to make sure if this really is foreal or is it a scam?
Advertisement

#336427 by AlanJones Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:26 am
It's a definite scam and there are no kittens.

Please post the details of the scammer and the shipper if you have received them and then cut off all contact with the scammer. Don't accuse them or make excuses, they will just continue to lie to you.

Buy your kittens locally, so that you can see them and check that they are healthy, etc.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.