Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#48320 by mtores624 Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:17 pm
Re: [Contact form] bull dog adoption saleMonday, March 7, 2011 3:11 PM
From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>Add sender to Contacts
To: Real email address removed. ~Bubbles

Hi,
Thank you for contacting us for the English bulldog puppies. We are sorry to inform you that all the puppies have been taken. If you are really interested in getting one, then we will advise you to contact Dr Paul from whom we bought the parents of our little babies. He is a very good reputable breeder, and i think his pups can warm your heart.I Can guarantee he has top quality pups .he did send to us some pics of available babies the other day. If you are interested contact him immediately and tell him James wife, Tracey from Rhodes Island directed you to him for the adoption of the babies. His email address is ( [email protected] ) He said that he has reduced the price to $450 . Make sure to tell him you are not a breeder and won't be breeding the puppies.
Best regards
Tracey

I then contacted Dr. Paul Norman this is his response.

From: This sender is DomainKeys verified"Paul Norman" <[email protected]>Add sender to Contacts
To: [email protected]
Message contains attachments4 Files (326KB) | Download All
Taylor-01(lg).jpg
y17ivpc9a78cali.jpg
tm6w66cqqb4cali.jpg
Taylor-02(lg).jpg
It's a pleasure reading from you. How are you doing?. If you are interested in taking one of the babies this is the least price so you wont be able to get one in the future at this price, the price is $600. They're all AKC registered , currently on shots, Champion bloodline, I check them myself for health issues since I am a vet doctor and i can assure you that they are very healthy and playful puppies. I bring them up in my home so that they become friendly with the children and other pets at home. They have been potty trained and well socialized to easily adapt with new families.
My puppies love playing alot, thus need a yard and some play objects. I usually send them off with a blanket,all papers and a manual.When fully grown will stands at 12-15 inches tall at the shoulder and will weigh approximately 55-60 pounds.

Which of the babies do you want to adopt?.
Where are you located so that i can estimate the shipping cost?
Do you have any experience with English bulldog puppies?
Dr Paul

After research and Google his name in N. Dakota the only vet that appeared passed away two wks ago. that sounded a bit suspicious to me. My husband working in a law firm researched and found scam.com and found the same scams that took place with these puppies.

English bulldog puppies - GREAT HOME PUPS
Posted 01-12-2011 at 05:44 AM by NoNuz2Day
Updated 01-12-2011 at 06:36 AM by NoNuz2Day (Neglected to include payment requirements)
I live in NC and searched several weeks for an English bulldog puppy I could afford. With every search, http://www.greathomepups.net/ kept coming up. The web site advertises English bulldog puppies for $500 each with some being sold and one on hold. I replied using the "Contact Us" form titled "Champion English Bulldog Puppies (Available" asking about 2 of the puppies and got a reply from "Grace" at [email protected].

"Grace" replied "all the puppies have been taken. If you are really interested in getting one, then we will advise you to contact Dr Benjamin Madison. He is a very good reputable breeder, and i think his pups can warm your heart. Can guarantee he has top quality pups. he did send to us some pics of available babies the other day. If you are interested contact him immediately and tell him James wife, Grace from Rhodes Island directed you to him for the adoption of the babies. His email address is [email protected] He said that he has reduced the price to $450. Make sure to tell him you are not a breeder and won't be breeding the puppies."

I contacted "Dr. Benjamin" immediately and got a reply with pictures of 2 beautiful puppies (Cali and Taylor) stating "the price is $600/ea. They're all AKC registered, currently on shots, Champion bloodline, I check them myself for health issues since I am a vet doctor ."..."I usually send them off with a blanket,all papers and a manual." "You will have to let me know as soon as possible which of them you love to have and when you intend having them home."

After replying that I definitely wanted Cali, but would like both if I could afford them he replied, "You can have both puppies for $1000 including shipping. Let me know when you guys are ready so that we can proceed with the shipping arrangements." The shipping arrangements he stated were "I will take this information to any shipping company depending on which one is taking off and get your puppy registered. I will then send to you the registration number and direct you on where to do the payment. When the payment is confirmed, you will be sent a flight schedule stating when your puppy takes off and when it will be arriving. you will then decide if to pick him up at the airport or have him brought home. When your puppy is brought to your location, you will need to use an ID bearing the receivers names to pick up the puppy. The whole process should take not more than 6 hours."

I knew this entire deal was suspicious so I wrote "Grace" on 01/07/11 asking for references or web site addresses for "Dr. Benjamin's" puppies or his "Vet" practice and I haven't heard from her since. I also replied to Dr. Benjamin on 01/08/11 asking for the same information. Nothing from him either.

This "offer" sounds just like the other puppy sale scams running on the Internet.
Lesson: BUYER BEWARE!! Don't be fooled.

Added quoting for clarity - Jillian
Advertisement

#48595 by Jillian Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:15 pm
Thanks for posting this information, mtores624, and good for you for recognizing the scam. Please let us know if you have any questions.

The scammer website listed in the post from scam.com is already offline. :D

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners