Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#378250 by cluikart Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:34 pm
There are many similar ads with the same verbiage. These scammers have posted fake dogs on multiple sites in multiple cities. A search of ScamWarners reveals they have scammed many people. Apparently they promise to ship these imaginary dogs after payment of postage.

Here are a few of the lines I've seen repeatedly in scam ads:
- Traveling full time beginning soon and need a new home for my best friend of 4 months
- I will be traveling out of the country and the process of going with her is too complex
- Fully House Trained, Potty Trained, Leash Trained, and Crate Trained.
- has an interesting color full blue eye
- puppies need a good new home where they live a happy life.the price is very low
- Very sweet potty trained. Has shots and is just an awesome dog moving and can't keep them
- Heart Touching Darling Baby
- Beauty Pomsky will love to move to new families
Advertisement

#378259 by Mike Wilson Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:45 pm
Be safe and have a meet and greet before paying any money. If they are suddenly not available or far removed from the vicinity of the online ad then it is a scam.

An example a Craigslist ad in Sacramento Ca. and when contact the pup is in Maryland. Umm no, the pup does not exist and it is a scam.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon